The beginning of something hopeful
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

"Wouldn't that be nice? But no, I don't get the impression that's going to happen." He'd actually asked something similar himself to Sunjata and the answer he'd gotten there had been thoroughly discouraging. There was a point where prejudice went beyond ignorance and fear and into deliberate malice, and Sam didn't know if he could bring anyone back from that point.

Or if he wanted to, really.

Isla had an ability to turn things into positives, to keep moving forwards; it warmed Sam's heart, especially because he'd never been able to do it himself. The temptation was to dwell on those that wished them harm, but that wouldn't help them fix the problem. "Yes. Well. Honestly, not a lot - you're one of the first people I approached." He paused to look at her, wondering if she knew how significant that was, how much he trusted her.

"There's me, and Sunjata, and you. I'm hoping Nate will join since Sunjata is, and I want to ask some of the newer Ascended. It's all still in early days. I'm hoping the artist man in the 'Sanctuary' might want to help, though I find him hard to talk to." He shrugged with a little helpless smile; they were very different people. "I hope to speak to more and to meet, at the latest, at the end of Flowerbirth."

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Isla

Isla is not the type to look too deeply into subtext - she might be a former duchess, but she's also a field medic at heart. So whilst she's sure it is significant, she's not quite as aware as perhaps she ought to be of the importance of her part in Sam's plans. Still, that doesn't mean she'll shy away from staying positive and keeping things bouncing along as they should. She isn't surprised, honestly, to hear that Sunjata is joining their cause, tucking a loose curl behind her ear.

"Sunjata and Nate are a good representation of the kind of cooperation we strive for," she agrees. "They are literally married. That should help us to show others that living peacefully can not only be successful, but enjoyable as well." Little does she know, of course, about the troubles that the Wrenzaoks are currently going through.

Humming to herself in contemplation, Isla smiles back across to Sam. "Well," she says, "I can speak to the man in the Sanctuary, if you want to approach some of our newer brothers and sisters. And we will send out invitations from there?"
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Samuel

Sam nodded in agreement when it came to Sunjata and Nate, also unaware of any marital issues occurring there. He knew something was right, Sunjata having calmly informed him of patricide at the beginning of his last visit, but he believed (and a little selfishly, hoped, for the sake of their movement) that Nate was being a good supportive husband.

"Yes please, that sounds fantastic. I hope...with some work and time, we can really build up a group of people that care about turning things around before they get much worse." Hopefully, they had the time to do that.

With Isla's help assured Sam did not bother her too much longer, knowing it wouldn't be long before a new patient arrived. Thanking her before he left, he kept making plans as he walked back through the temple, his mind abuzz with ideas.

{FIN}

Suppose I never ever met you
Suppose we never fell in love