Sampling the divine
for Nate
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"Yes. Yes, I do remember that." Sam said quietly, trying not to think about it too hard. He'd been delighted at the time, sure that it was the beginning of a great love story, a funny first meeting they'd tell people about for years; he'd learnt now not to let his fantasies get the better of him too early, but the memory was still painful.

As for why he left...Sam huffed out his cheeks and stared down at his feet. It was funny, in a way; Nate had only Ascended on his recommendation and had seemed for a long time not to like it, yet here he was, the more faithful of them. "Well...I mean, I suppose you could say she was the best of the Gods, but...I started on this path when I was very young. I didn't know what I was getting into - I don't think many people that Ascend do." He'd certainly never really thought about the fact that it would be the rest of his life, and that his life would be very, very long.

"I feel...felt...that it was unfair the Voice essentially could manipulate us into anything. I mean, she made the systems our bodies depend on. Without her, we die." He had first hand experience of that. "I don't always agree with everything the Ascended do. But what choice do we have? I don't know." Sam sighed, knowing if he kept talking about this he'd throw himself into these doubts again. "Ultimately I decided to try and make peace with where I was and see the goodness in the Voice, but...I do still think that she has...certainly an opportunity to manipulate us."

Careful with his words yet still anxious, Sam flexed his hands into fists and back out. "I do also think that maybe she's disconnected from what people want. That removing all of our...pleasures...is a cold way of looking at life."
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
Will it fill our hearts with thoughts of endless night time sky?
A long sharp laugh leaves Nate when Sam mentions that most people didn’t know what they were getting into; he certainly hadn’t known, not that it had stopped him. Not that it had stopped Sam. Not that it really stopped anyone. “I think you’re right about her being the best.” He offers brightly, the rest of it sitting unsteadily in his chest.

Nate hums and haws and makes all the right noises as Sam speaks, considering his points carefully before he comes back with a single, simple question. “So you don’t trust her, huh?” He supposed he can respect that, can understand it, even if his own mind had changed, but... he’s not the skins of person to simply let something go so easily. “But she hasn’t manipulated us. Hasnt forced us to do anything. We’re fucking each other over.” And that was, as far as Nate was concerned, simply human nature.

A hand rises to quiet Sam’s restless fists, strong fingers soothing along the bookmakers hands and holding them open, some automatic reassurance. “I do agree with you about that. It’s not... everything, but I’d kill to be able to taste again. Or... Nate all but sighs as he admits this, all too aware of his earlier denial, “Or to fuck again.
NATE
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
"...Mm." It seemed like Nate had chosen to only listen to a section of what he'd said, but Sam wasn't going to argue. Not now, in the relaxed atmosphere of the room, when they were getting on as well as they were. It was rare nowadays he got to have a truly blissful moment and he didn't want to ruin it with discussion of the Voice.

In the same interests he stayed quiet as Nate insisted the Voice had not manipulated them. It did make him smile, how Nate sounded almost like his own internal voice that debated the cautious worries in his head. "Hopefully...we might be able to overcome our nature. I still want to believe peace is an option." The possibility was looking less and less bright by the hour, but a part of him clung to the hope.

His fingers opened under Nate's gentle movements and he let out a sigh, nodding and not pointing out Nate's contradiction kindly; Sam moved in to press against his neck and closed his eyes. Not lovers, not really, but a kind of comfort still remained there.

{FIN}
SAMUEL
I somehow still lost
I somehow always do