well-oiled machines
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Anju
here I am again, bad news from a bad friend
they call me an omen - only here to torment
Training. It is an omnipresent part of Anju's life, and her routines are shaped entirely around the hours sculpted out in which she utilizes the grounds in the Nest. Sweat clinging to her brown skin, she slicks the baby hairs out of her face with an impatient, sword-calloused hand. Riya ambles at her side, her normally boundless energy tempered by the side-by-side training the Dragoons are best known for. The halls are relatively empty for the time of day and though they were crafted with dragons in mind - arching, reaching vertices overhead for all manner of winged travel - Riya takes the opportunity to stride in the open corridor alongside her sister.

The ranges open up not far beyond. Easier to keep flying projectiles separated from sword and hand combat areas after all. Riya takes to the sky with the ease of one born from it, the pale sunlight glinting off the golden points of her body as Anju's eyes track her momentarily. The wind against her sweaty skin brings a shiver as her body tries to compensate for the temperature difference, but no discomfort shows on her face.

Setting up is the work of habit. Throwing knives today, as she's rather pants at bows. She'll brush up on it regardless because of her perfectionist tendencies, but for now she enjoys the empty range, and lets the first dagger fly towards the dummy at the end of her lane.
wicked and hellbent
a damned soul just pretending
Abraham Urusov
Dragoons Soldier

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
GWYNEVERRE - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ABRAHAM
So you can let it be known
I don't hold back, I hold my own
Abraham and Gwyneverre were no strangers to this training ground. The bonded pair of beasts spent countless hours training from the time they were younglings, until they were where they were now -- hardened warriors, assassins, machines trained to kill. The large dragon flitted back and forth in the air, practicing tight maneuvers for aerial battle. Small, controlled plumes of fire light the area around her as she pulled her wings in and rolled before unfurling herself and landing hard on a stone perch. Abraham could feel the exhilaration in her blood, the excitement in her bones. She wanted a real opponent, and she wanted it now. He felt the same.

The dragoness parted her jaws and hissed brightly over Abraham's contemplations, alerting him to the fact they were no longer alone. The leviathan turned toward the approaching pair, eying the familiar body of the woman quickly. "Anju," He greeted her, turning his shoulders to face her. "What are you working on today?"

He might have been an asshole, but he'd known this girl his entire life.

I can't be mapped, I can't be cloned
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Anju
here I am again, bad news from a bad friend
they call me an omen - only here to torment
As is her nature, Anju is not the one to initiate pleasantries even when she spies another figure in the otherwise empty grounds. Even if she were the type to go the extra mile, she never anticipates anyone particularly wanting to speak with someone as stoic and blunt as herself. It's her luck, then, that Abraham is the one here. A kindred spirit of sorts, all the way down to their dark points and ivory dragons. If it weren't for Riya being the equivalent of an overgrown puppy of course - case in point, the dragoness goes winging towards Gwyn with eager smoke curling in her nostrils, trilling an overly eager greeting that her sister does not mimic. Not that she ignores the man - she considers him as close to a friend as either of them is inclined to have.

"Abraham," she greets in return, hand fiddling with one of her throwing knives. Opening her palm to display it in a flash of gleaming steel, she flips it and catches it by the hilt; habitual, no real intent to show off. "Throwing today. You?" Respectfully intrigued as she always is by his training schedule and methods. Always willing to take pointers and inspiration from her fellows. Anju cares little for pride if it means becoming stronger.
wicked and hellbent
a damned soul just pretending
Abraham Urusov
Dragoons Soldier

Age: 31 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
GWYNEVERRE - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
ABRAHAM
So you can let it be known
I don't hold back, I hold my own
The neutral expressions just two steps from dark that Abraham took was not unfamiliar to him, nor to the woman who he now looked upon. He watched as she flipped the blade in her hand, the light just glistening off the blade as it twisted in the air. He knew her well enough not to take it for anything else but what it was, a tick. "Throwing does not seem like a bad idea." He agreed with her notion, unsheathing his own blade and bringing it up. It was nothing special, nothing to note, but it was sharp.

Gwyneverre hissed again as the other dragon came her way. It was a warning to the copper and ivory contemporary. It was clear: do not get too close to the queen. Gwyn had always thought herself above other dragons, her arrogance deep within her bones and set years in her way. When challenged at this, she was unafraid to fight for her dominance. Now, she spread her wings and took to the skies again, circling the high set dome of the training facility.

As the day went on, Gwyneverre stayed standoffish and angry, and Abraham worked on his throwing with Anju.

FIN

I can't be mapped, I can't be cloned