hammer pulse
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3061
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us
She hasn't been to visit the Voice on her own since the day she became Ascended. Since she performed an autopsy on herself, and looked at what was inside and changed it all. Willingly, curiously, traumatically.

Isla would do it all again in a heartbeat she no longer has.

She's never been to this shrine, though - it's much less cold and detached than the one deep in the ruins. And so Isla draws back the shelves of the bookcase with almost reverence, smiling at the sight of the orb within, and she sets upon the shrine the book she'd been reading - the one she'd given to Varus, that she'd spoiled (oops).

"Hello, great lady," she murmurs, bowing her head. "I wonder if I might petition for a moment of your time?"

Spent 450 MP for a god quest!
i could die
Isla

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
i'll be your hope, i'll be your love, be everything that you need.
One of the books near the shrine opens with a sentient snarl to the pages. Falling from the shelf, it suddenly sprouts thousands of tiny legs that begin to ferret it toward Isla, only to be stunned by a blast of electricity. Appearing in a while, the Voice narrows her eyes at the book with enough intensity that it scuttles back into the darkness.

"Finicky things, books." She notes, sounding dryly amused. Sitting up suddenly straighter as if a metal rod has been inserted into her spine, The Voice smiles fondly down at Isla. "Isla Lockwood. How long it has been. What can I do for you?"
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla doesn't quite flinch at the angry and scuttling tome, but her sensors rise to the alarm with something similar. With one hand already tipped with blades, she's surprised to find the book doing a double-take - and then she realises why. Lips parting and a gracious smile curling across her lips, Isla bows her head respectfully in greeting to her goddess.

"Far too long," she admits. "I wanted to say thank you, first of all, for allowing so many to come back. It is not an opportunity I plan to waste. Which brings me to my visit." Isla glances up at the Voice. "With so many of the Hollowed Grounds inhabited by Ascended, I am finding that I need to cater my work more and more to my brothers and sisters. I know how to diagnose, to treat, to perform surgery - but my tools are somewhat lacking. Would I be able to get something to better help diagnose Ascended?"
i could die
Isla

Change author:
"You were one of the very first if not the first? I don't remember Outlanders who chose to become bright." The Voice agrees with a fond smile, unsurprised by Isla's tactful segue. "Our family will be all the stronger for your considerable talents. Though I am pleased to have you back. All that time caged in a body of rotting flesh...your mind slowly cracking apart... " She takes her head. 'I suppose I should be pleased that Ludo had its pet kill you before you were too gone to rebuild, but...' Her lips snarl into a sneer. "My memory is not so short that I would thank a murderous unchecked child for a single self-serving act of kindness."

The Voice doesn't breathe in, and so the fact that she suddenly calms is all the starker for how abruptly her features change. "A wonderful idea. Perhaps a way in which you might interface with your brothers and sisters? So that you might read their scans as if they were your own?"
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla doesn't know what to say in the face of the Voice's (understandable) tirade, so she merely looks at the ground and bows her head. She can't disagree, but at the same time she is more than aware that her goddess knows about her friendship with Remi. These are the sorts of things that she wishes might remain buried and ignored - but of course, that isn't how the world works, especially when there's a war on the way.

The medic glances up when the Voice seems to spin on a dime (not a phrase Isla would know but fuck it), her blue eyes widening in wonder. A small smile creeps across her face and she steps closer. "Would such a thing be possible?" she asks. "Yes, that would be wonderful, if it could be made. Sometimes patients dont feel all that talkative when they are injured. Even my brothers and sisters."
i could die
Isla

Change author:
'Indeed it would.' The Voice agrees, noting the nothing with which Isla met her previous words. Like the rest of the gods, the Voice could easily peer into the coils of Isla's mind and find the information that her medic was keeping caged behind her teeth. She wouldn't though, not unless it became absolutely necessary. Still, Isla's silence spoke volumes on its own.

Storing this away for later the goddess's eyes flash for a moment as she considers. "A device that clips to a finger, or perhaps a light to pass directly over the optic interface? If you would be willing to get the things I require, I can make this for you. I will require sea-glass from Torchline. Smooth as you can find. It will then need to be electrified by either natural or artificial/magical means. Lastly, water from the Sea of Glass. Chipping off some of the ice and letting it melt in warmer temperatures will work as well. "
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
A light? That has Isla nodding gently - she remembers such tools from Northaven, but to have this give access to her fellow Ascendeds' internal scans? She nearly vibrates with the curiosity of it all. "I can do that," she murmurs to her goddess, ducking her head in a nod and storing the information away - smooth seaglass from Torchline, zapped with electricity, and water from the Sea of Glass.

"Thank you, great lady. I hope to keep my brothers and sisters strong and well. This will be very useful for me" And so with nothing further to discuss, Isla replenishes herself at the shrine and takes her leave. If only she might know what lies on the horizon. Alas, that is for the future to reveal.

~FIN
i could die
Isla