Plot Advancing PQ a tale of two skyports
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
the flood
dreams where you're murdered
boy i know you heard it all before
A sealant would be a good idea, all things considered , and he hums a quiet agreement as the two of them duck into the shop. The sailor’s eyes light up when Sunjata’s gaze catches his own, and hopefully this is the time where Sunjata can shine. That mask is placed up, hiding away his brooding at the flip of a switch, stuffing it down enough that he can angle his head in greeting, offer as bright of a smile he can manage while his scar still pulls at one side.

He can also be quite charming, giving Maeve’s arm a pat from where she has her arm around his own, not missing the way the sailor winks to Maeve. “She is fine, isn’t she?” He offers, before he straightens up a bit and takes an easy look around the shop. “We’re actually in need of replacing some supplies for the skyboat dock to Stormbreak. The nails and lumber brought in are in pretty poor shape, and we both –” gesturing to Maeve quickly, before his gaze lands back on the sailor with that same bargaining smile on his face – “know that you have the best supplies in Torchline. Perhaps we could show them exactly how strong Torchline materials are if you have some to spare.” He pauses, his grin turning a bit sharp and mischievous. “For a couple of reasonable favors from yours truly, of course.

Hopefully favors from the governor would be enough – they seemed to be for Jack so far, despite Sunjata not quite knowing what favors he’s signed up for with the Captain. For now, however, he lets the offer air, opening it up for Maeve to add her own should she see fit.

Sunjata barters a couple of reasonable favors from himself for the wood and nails! (And hopes a bit of flattery helps)
you shut your eyes to pain
boy then just lock the fuckin' door
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
Ronin is being careful while Gideon is being kind. Remi? Remi is being playful. It's terrifying to see a slightly-leonine creature leaping into the shallows, flailing with wings and paws and a tail with enough poison to kill everyone present, but that's Remi all over. Roaring and fanning his wings, the alchemist doesn't cast a shadow with which he can intimidate the manta, but his sheer size should work well enough.

Splashing around, trying to corral the manta into the air and away from the docks, Remi pulses a slightly crazed twinge of glee toward the Star. Reminds me of when we first came here. He notes, snapping his teeth at a rather lazily-departing manta. When we sold their meet and gems in the wagon.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
Maeve giggles coquettishly, bringing a hand up to tuck a stray curl behind her ear as she fixes the sailor with piercing green eyes as her lips tug into a smile, "Oh, you both flatter me." She hums sweetly before falling silent so Sunjata can do most of the talking, nodding along with him as he dishes out his own flattery. "He's right. Everyone always tells me that if I need any building materials I should come straight here. Not that I do too much building myself." Another giggle as she drops Sunjata's arm in favor of leaning against the counter, resting her cheek in her palm as she looks up at the sailor from beneath her lashes.

"We would be so grateful for the help. I'd even be willing to offer a few visits to the Halenani if you would be so inclined. My girls would certainly enjoy taking care of someone like you." Maeve punctuates this with a little wink after letting her eyes roam over his form before back up to his face. "Surely you can help us out?" Her head cocks to the side and she leans just enough that she flashes a hint of cleavage to sell their request.

Maeve works her magic and flirts with the shop keep as well as offering him some visits to the Halenani to sweeten the deal.
Second, third, and hundredth chances
Balancin' on breaking branches
Those eyes add insult to injury

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
reality whispers a different tune underwater
Flattery in Torchline will get you everywhere. And for a merchant with his mind on his business (and the wonderful bosoms on display, courtesy of Maeve), of course he falls for it. It absolutely helps that it's the Governor, so he's already inclined to be agreeable. "If'n you'd both be so kind as t'say you got yer supplies here, that'd be a good start." He nods, already fussing around behind the counter to get together nails that will be strong enough to hold together the skyport with ease.

"Lumber yard's out back. Take whatever y'need. An' I'll be comin' t'see you soon, ma'am." Flashing a ruddy grin in Maeve's direction, he nods for them to go ahead. "For the rest, you can place my bet on the next fight in the Slagveld, how's 'at sound?"

While Maeve and Sunjata practice their flattery, things at the docks are a bit more exciting. Whilst Gideon and Ronin have limited success in their attempts to rid the manta from their home, there's nothing quite like a playful manticore to get things moving. And so, taking flight or fleeing through the water, the cloud manta quickly make themselves scarce. Done and dusted.

Good job all around, kids! Maeve and Sunjata have gained some good quality nails, and can help themselves to the supplies in the lumber yard. How do they plan to get the lumber back?

Meanwhile, Gideon, Ronin and Remi (mostly Remi) have successfully spooked away the cloud manta, and they can finish destroying the old dock. Off you go!

Posting order:

Ronin
Gideon
Sunjata
Remi
Maeve
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

please just don't forget me

Ronin can't help it - as Remi interrupts his efforts with Gideon to gently encourage the manta back into the ocean, he bursts out laughing. What else is there to do, other than straighten up and watch the manticore frolic in the shallows? I don't think we were quite so playful with them back then, but yeah. I remember. That time was still sad and bitter and always would be, but there were notes of fondness in all memories.

With the manta gone, Ronin wades out further to collect more debris. "Well, we're nearly done at least," he says. "There's a few of these larger pieces to drag back. Little help?" Smiling at Gideon, he starts to manhandle the rotten wood back out onto the sand. Remi should be able to find enough amusement in destroying the rest.

Ronin continues to drag debris out of the water, and asks Gideon for help with some larger pieces of wood.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
Gideon was quite aghast at seeing the Manticore bound about in the water, seemingly with no concern for the wellbeing of the Manta; however, as Remi was a Demi God, his position forced him to have enough respect to not say anything. The poor creatures did leave, Gideon watching after them with a concerned expression; he supposed Remi was a Demi-God of Ludo, not Frey.

He was glad for the chance to step away and nodded at Ronin, picking up the largest piece of the dock he thought he could manage and heaving it over his shoulders. "Let's go. Hopefully we don't disturb any more homes while we work on this..." He mumbled, continuing after their project leader.

--
Gideon helps with taking away the heavy debris Ronin wants him to and quietly judges Remi.
GIDEON
And lord, don't let me break this, let me hold you lightly
Give me arms to pray with instead of ones that hold too tightly
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
Maeve works her charm and in the end it’s nothing but good news. Sunjata keeps that mask in place, the amused and content grin that spreads there as the man agrees. “Of course.” He agrees easily to the advertising that the lumber had come from this shop. As for the rest of it? He nods to that too. “I absolutely can place the bet.” He pulls out a little notebook, scribbling it down to ensure he doesn’t forget — a habit from the days where he’d accidentally been drugging himself. And when that’s done, he offers a quiet thank you to the merchant before slipping into the back with Maeve.

He spots a cart, one that could be placed around his shift for easy transport, and picks out some of the good lumber to start filling it up. “Once we’ve filled that up, perhaps we can hook the cart to my nyala shift and lug it back?” He asks her, pausing from hauling the wood into the cart before he continues. She hasn’t seen that shift of his yet, but she’d likely recognize the horns from it. Still, it made for a decent shift to hook carts up to in order to haul them.

He’d done it before when they’d built the canals, after all.

Sunjata finds a cart and begins to fill it with the wood and plans on shifting into his nyala shift so Maeve can hook the cart up to him to bring it back!
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
The manticore cares very little for the wellbeing of the Manta or of Gideon's judgement of his actions. Flicking an amused ear toward the Star, Remi rumbles a note of agreement before turning away from the fleeing pod? of manta in lieu of breaking up the rest of the dock.

It's easily enough done with the full weight of this body, and there is something extremely satisfying about hearing the wood creak and groan beneath his might paws as it splinters and fractures apart. At his core, Remi is this sort of chaotic destroyer of things. It is nice though when he can use his instincts for good, rather than letting them control him at the most inconvenient of times.

Remi destroys more of the dock!

Coding base by Sky!
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
MAEVE
"Don't keep me waiting too long." Maeve returns the smile easily as if she's looking forward to nothing more than the day he comes calling for her. She takes Sunjata's arm once more, allowing him to lead her out to the lumber yard. This is the part where she won't be of much use. The girl isn't made for heavy lifting, but she'll happily provide the governor with moral support while he loads up the cart with ease. Maeve stays out of his way, watching him work on filling up the cart with a decent amount of lumber. "I'm sure I can manage it. That seems like the best option we have at the moment." She says with a nod, moving to grab a few of the smaller pieces that she can carry on her own. Mostly she lets him do this part.

Maeve helps where she can when it comes to loading up the wood and agrees that it's a good idea to use his shift to haul things back.
Second, third, and hundredth chances
Balancin' on breaking branches
Those eyes add insult to injury

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
reality whispers a different tune underwater
Where the duo excelled at managing to convince the merchant to part with his wares, they are not quite as good at loading lumber into the wagon. Or rather - they're good at putting it there, but not so good at organising it. Just as they think they're ready to move on to the next step, something buckles on the cart and the wood goes sliding back out. All fun and games, here! (Sorry, you rolled terribly).

As for the dock-destroyers? They are largely successful! Remi manages to strip down the rest of the rotten wood, and Ronin and Gideon make a good team in getting the debris to the shore. But on the horizon, dark clouds have suddenly begun to appear, and a high wind howls across the docks. Better work quickly, kids, because a storm might be rolling in soon!

Sunjata and Maeve need to reload their cart and bring it back to the group! They might want to secure it with something this time.

Remi, Gideon and Ronin should probably think about disposing of the debris while they wait... or possibly go looking for their missing members?

A high wind has picked up along the shore.

Posting order:

Ronin
Gideon
Sunjata
Remi
Maeve
Random Event
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

please just don't forget me

Well, it looks as though they were able to get the destruction part of things done, at least. Ronin sits back and smiles, glad for their progress, even if all they have to show for it currently is a blank slate. A brisk gale ruffles through his dark hair, and he turns his face into it, as if able to tell that it can't bode for anything good. "I guess we ought to get rid of the rest of this stuff," he says of the scattered debris, smiling between Gideon and Remi.

"If we can get it into a pile, I can set it alight with a starbolt?" he suggests, before moving to do just that. He's got Emmett's axe with him to help with the job, aiming to hack away at the larger pieces of wood to get them into a decent (read: neater) state. "Unless anyone else has a better idea, of course!" He grins.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
It felt good to work with his hands, Gideon feeling like he did in his youth, when his life had been about lifting and crafting instead of preaching. He loved his current station in the Temple, of course, but there was something pleasing in the immediacy of moving and doing with one's body.

When he looked up from the task, the sky above looked particularly angry. Ronin suggested he alight the debris with a Starbolt, which sounded both quick and spectacular; he nodded in agreement eagerly, excited to see it. "Absolutely. Hopefully we can have it gone before this storm rolls in."

So, with that in mind, Gideon went to help bunch up the debris together, moving it more into one pile and putting a rough circle of stones around it, so any fire wouldn't spread too far (if, somehow, the rain didn't extinguish it).

--
Gideon helps with the pile!
GIDEON
And lord, don't let me break this, let me hold you lightly
Give me arms to pray with instead of ones that hold too tightly
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
the flood
He’s just about to shift into the nyala when the cart buckles and the wood slides back out. A huff of frustration leaves him as he regards it, before he’s moving over to pull all of the boards out, to start again. This time he takes the larger, longer boards and begins to fit them in, trying to puzzle and Tetris them into order from larger and longer to smaller near the top.

And if for added bonus, he finds a rope that he uses, tossing it across the bundle where he directs Maeve to hold onto the other end. “Hold down the other side just for a second so I can tie it down.” He rumbles across to her, before he goes to tie down his side, moving over to hers to tie that side down tight and secure as well as he can, hoping they don’t fall out again.

Sunjata reorganizes the boards from largest to smallest and ties it down with Maeve's help so that it hopefully doesn’t fall out again!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
I cannot wait to see you try and light a pile of wet wood on fire. Remi hums smugly, leonine eyes looking amused as they stare at the Star. With a cocky flick of his tail (it's a deadly weapon actually, so probably only Ronin will be able to see the humour in it), he wades further into the water to use his wings to corral the remainder of the wood back toward Star and Priest.

Just out of curiosity, do you think star bolts count as falling stars? Flashing Ronin a shark-fanged grin, Remi continues to sweep in the debris that the waves are trying to haul back out to see. He might not be a resident of Torchline anymore, but that doesn't mean he wants to see her waters muddied by their efforts.

Remi uses his wings to corral the rest of the wood toward Ronin/Gideon

Coding base by Sky!