{O} It's your fault
Gathering Spire Obsidian
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 55 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 1
PEMOTA - Mythical - Starwhale (narwhal) RAMOTH - Mythical - Dragon (Biopulse)
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you see, i take the parts that i remember and stitch them back together
For all the growing they’ve done, it’s still easy to see the childish impulses in his fellow Demi-god. The brightness, the life, the dammed optimism. It would be endearing, if he weren’t in such a shitty mood. ”Can you?” Nate cocks his head, licking his lips as he does. ”Sure. Show me.” Why not? There’s no harm in humouring the kid, especially with the trauma he’s about to dump onto them.

”Thats the reason for some.” Without thinking, his hand lifts to the scar spanning his face, his lips pulling into a somber line. Rage over the Mathair was certainly the reason for that mark. ”But not everyone.” For others, it was pure bigotry, though the explanation dies on how tongue for two reasons. The first being Azrael’s admission of talking to the fae, Nate’s brows rising in surprise and concern both.

The second is realization that the dropped obsidian has landed squarely on Azrael’s foot. Even if they don’t feel pain, it’s less than ideal, Nate scrambling to his feet to help move the obsidian away, kneeling like there’s something he can do for shattered bones and finding himself made unnecessary. A familiar blue glow crackles in the spire, surging under him to target the others foot. ”Now that’s wonderful.” He compliments after a shocked moment, his revulsion of magical healing warring his throat with relief that he won’t have to face down an irate Bastien.
to make a creature that will do what i say
or love me back
NATE
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael
i wouldn't know where to start
'sweet music' playing 'in the dark'
I can!” They chime before they grow incredibly distracted by the horrors that Nate explains. The gesture to his face doesn’t go unnoticed by them, not as their eyes follow the line that bisects Nate’s face, to the missing space where the other eye should be. “Did they attack you?” They ask, nodding their head to Nate’s face, dark brows drawn in quiet confusion and minute horror.

But the obsidian drops onto their foot and the other demigod is at their side in an instant, knelt before them to peer at their foot once he’s removed the obsidian. Azrael does nothing more than watch Nate as they activate their upgrade, letting it flicker and fix the foot that had been damaged. When they’re done, the electricity leaves them both in the darkness of the spire with Azrael’s gaze lingering on Nate.

I used it a lot during LongNight. I… Passed out, actually.” There’s a small, embarrassed smile that crosses their face. “I’ve never done that before so it was a bit scary. And when I woke up LongNight was over.
be still 'my foolish heart'
don't ruin this on me
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Age: 37 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Nate hesitates, sucking in a breath that is far too long. He's walking a very uncomfortable tight rope here, not wanting to leave Azrael blind to the horrific reality of the world, but not wanting to terrorize them either. In the end though, he errs on the side of caution. Better to be afraid, to be wary and paranoid than it is to be caught out. "Yes. At least one did."

At least the doctor doesn't get the chance to agonize over telling Azrael that the particular fey who'd attacked him had gotten away, that she was still at large somewhere, because the far more pressing issue of the rock crushing their foot comes up. It's fixed quickly, with a burst of light and static and no small amount of awe from Nate.

"Why'd you use it so much in Longnight?" Concern and just a touch of anger colours NAte's voice, though this time it's not directed at Azrael. He tries to distract himself by organizing the rocks they've gathered, fitting them all into the large bag he'd brought along just for this purpose.
or love me back
NATE
Azrael De Rosieres

Age: 21 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
Azrael
i wouldn't know where to start
'sweet music' playing 'in the dark'
Their frown deepens when Nate’s confirmation of being attacked comes to the surface. It’s a sudden paranoia they didn’t realize they’d have, at first. A worry that if perhaps they did go on their trip, that they might get attacked too, and without having friends or family with them… Would anyone be around to see it? Would anyone be around to help? Or would they simply be lost?

It dampers everything else while they heal themself and Nate’s question reaches them as they move to try and fit some of the obsidian they’d collected into the bag Nate’s brought. They’re silent for a moment as they figure out how to explain it. “People were hurt… So I kept using it. I used it more than I should have and when I woke up, LongNight was over and the sun was out.” Dark brows furrow as their gaze lifts to Nate. “I’ve never done that before.
be still 'my foolish heart'
don't ruin this on me
Nate Wrenzaok
the Lone (Free) Ranger
"Doctor" / Guildmaster

Change author:
{aay}”Well... I’m sure you saved a lot of people doing that.” Nate does his best to strike a balance between proud and concerned, wanting to make up for the lITtLe BiT of optimism smashing he’d done earlier. ”I’m sure your dad is proud of you.” He smiles as genuinely as he can, extra arms disappearing as the last of the obsidian is packed away into his bag.

Hoisting himself up to his feet, and the bag over his shoulder, Nate reaches out to squeeze Azrael’s shoulder, offering a genuine smile. ”Thanks for the help sprout. You should uh, make sure you come visit Torchline in your adventures. I’ll give you the grand tour.”

With that, Nate’s off, picking his way out of the spire again and on to the VlamVloed, meaning to store the obsidian there until he’s ready to use it.

Done~~~~ ?
or love me back
NATE