do you wanna be free of this
for Sunjata
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 10 - Strg: 28 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 25 - Int: 1
MIA - Regular - Ragdoll Cat
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
You learn to stand alone at last
So brave, and bold, and strong, and stout
"Hm. I see." It was the answer he'd expected, but Sam had let himself hope for a moment there might be some kind of agreement they could come to with the Order. Not friendship; he was smart enough to see that wasn't going to happen, but civility, at the least. Not wanting to kill eachother. "...Alright, well...this is probably a silly question, but...do you know, of the Old Gods, if one of them is more likely to try and listen to an Ascended? I tried to speak to Safrin once and was attacked with light."

He supposed he'd be able to withstand that better now, if he tried again; something to keep in mind if he got desperate enough.

All the Demi Gods really was a terrifying prospect; yet one name immediately came to Sam's mind. Without even really thinking over the question, he asked: "...Even Remi? He's on their side?"
You learn somehow to like the dark, even love the doubt
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if there's one thing the gods love, it's tragedy
Which of the old gods would be willing to speak with an Ascended? Now that’s an incredibly tough question, one that has Sunjata frowning as he considers it. “I… I’m not too sure. Frey, perhaps? Seeing as they blessed that room in the Grounds to include Ascended.” His shoulders rise and fall in a small shrug, the attuned reaching up to rub at his scarred cheek. “Safrin wouldn’t be any good, not if you went alone. And we all already know the intentions of Ludo. Next step would be the big gods, I’d imagine.” Which was difficult enough as is, let alone for an Ascended.

It felt like a lost cause unless someone favored went with one. But even still, it would prove difficult as Sunjata would find out in the near future.

So he lays out the options of the Old Gods and their demi-gods being stationed. His gaze lifts to scan Sam’s face again, the question aired with Remi’s name. He doesn’t hide the slight flinch at hearing the demigod’s name. But he nods, regardless, because that’s what he’d heard. “Last I heard Remi was stationed in the Greatwood. So… yes.” All demigods, including the Lullaby, a man that continued to strike fear a fair amount into Sunjata's heart.
with wings that burn and boys who fall
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Age: 34 | Height: 5' 5" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"You're right. I think Frey is the best option, but...I'd still want to go with someone. It might, at least, increase my chances of not being immediately cast out." He'd gone with Amalia to see Safrin once, had been surprised with just how much having someone else there had softened the Goddesses attitude towards him. Maybe with the right person, he could actually begin to have conversations of peace with one of the Gods.

Though, with their Demi Gods being used as pawns against the Ascended, that felt unlikely. He sighed, pushed his hand through his hair. "Do you know what he's doing there? Do you think he'd talk to me? I'm...almost terrified of him, nowadays, but we did used to have a connection...maybe I could...convince him different, somehow." Sam's newfound confidence struggled to stretch this far, but he supposed it was better to try it than to alienate a potential ally by ignoring him.
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
if there's one thing the gods love, it's tragedy
He takes a deep breath as Sam agrees that Frey likely is the better choice, and to be honest? Sunjata can only think of one person that’s close enough to Frey to maybe ask this of them, but even still they don’t know Phoebe’s feelings on the matter. Besides, he’s her ex-husband. He’s sure that hearing from him is the last thing she wants to have happen.

Regardless, though, he focuses his attention on the Ascended before him, feathering muscles in his jaw. “I’m not a good choice to go with. I’m… Certainly not Frey’s.” He offers with a small quirk of his lips in an apologetic smile as the starry tattoos on his arm swirl with uncertainty.

As for Remi, though, Sunjata continues to stretch out his long legs before him, silent for a moment after Sam’s made his request. “He’s… Different now. As a demigod. To be honest, he is rather terrifying.” He offers with a quiet laugh, before his head tilts back on the couch cushion. “But, I know Remi doesn’t harm without a good reason. I doubt you’d run into trouble with him if you simply reached out? Send a letter. What’s the worst that could happen?” He drawls, lowering his head to peer back at Sam.
with wings that burn and boys who fall
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Samuel Wordsworth
Book maker/seller

Change author:
"I see." Sam said with a knowing, amused smile; even with his Ascended nature meaning he had a lack of experience with the Old Gods, he knew they were easy to offend (that really was something he had to give the Voice credit for; she was far more humble). "It's alright. I'll work something out myself."

Remi being terrifying wasn't really a new idea; Sam smoothed out his trousers over his knees and nodded, thinking of the strength and animal features that his old friend and lover had already possessed the last time they'd met. "Yes, I think I'll try. We won't achieve anything if we're too scared to talk to each other, after all." If he wanted to organise all of this, he had to be willing to take those first steps, worrisome as they might be.

That was really all he could ask of Sunjata and it was obvious that the man was in a rough time - but he'd still given Sam his support, which was all he could ask. He left shortly after, not wanting to bother him more than was necessary, grateful and thanking him a few times as he went out the door.

{FIN}
SAMUEL
Base Code by Sky!