back to the start
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Set your faith in my hands - close your eyes, let go, you'll see
Aisha is not the first to open up beneath the combined relaxing properties of the massage and the atmosphere. Hotaru enjoys it, keeping all their stories and secrets like a vault, a currency for future days if the manipulative desire ever strikes her. Unlikely - she considers these people her own, and as such they are spared her darker tendencies, privy only to playful teasing and blackmail. “He speaks highly of you, you’re clearly well trained.” As sincere a compliment as can be given. Deimos’ esteem is quite the crowning achievement. “Do you miss it? The ruling, the regency?” Voice almost imperceptibly softer as she poses the question, wanting to gauge her own feelings against Aisha’s but unwilling to be vulnerable to the point of drawing the woman’s attention.

Paying keen attention to each noise, shudder, and exhalation, Hotaru uses her thumbs to dig into the knots beneath the glistening skin. Tracing the tension up the sides of her neck, careful of her hairline as she gently dips her thumbs into the soft spot at the base of her crown. “Clobbering people with swords is how he shows his love,” chortles free, shaking her own golden head in bemused fondness. Though creation is not far behind, as evidenced by the beautiful golden-pommeled sword her gaze is directed to. “It’s beautiful, truly. Is it your preferred weapon then?” Unsure if Aisha feels prepared to talk about her family or not, Hotaru opens the pathway for a different angle of conversation.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Aisha Khai
Swordmaster / Deepfrost Shield / Guildmaster

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
AISHA
turn around and give you something to believe in
but you get something to prove
"He does does he?" she replied with an almost incredulous drawl, "I can't imagine any description he gave lives up to reality. 'Aisha, she's blonde, has a sword'," a little mockery, she dropped into Deimos's bear growl grumble to truly get her point across.

Hotaru was keen to what might be a touchier subject, her softer tone was noted at the question of Aisha missing her previous life. As she relaxed into the touch, she gave an honest answer, "I miss everything about my home, even the ruling. But it was never the most important part." Her greatest memories lay at her mother's feet, playing with the hem of her long golden night gown, or training in the courtyard with friends under a blossoming sweet acacia.

When the thumb meets her nape Aisha tenses, having rarely felt pressure there before. It felt good though, amazing, as she exhaled with it any stress she'd pent up at the base of her head. "Mhm," she answered, angling her head to glance at her sword. "I'm a Shield and also a swordsmaster, I offer lessons but I get the feeling it wouldn't be your first time."
but honey it ain't worth it
being hurt by love
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The exaggerated imitation sparks a bubble of laughter out of her, startled and pure in a way she doesn't normally readily reveal, but it's far too amusing to try and reign it in. "Admittedly he's not much more verbose or imaginative than exactly that," she manages to eek out between bright spots of laughter. Though Deimos is far more open with her in private, she is quite adept at reading between the lines even when they are at the Barracks, and it's clear he holds Aisha in high esteem. It had certainly made Hotaru eager to meet the swordsmaster herself.

A soft hum of understanding escapes her at Aisha's answer, her own gaze going distant where the beauty cannot see it. "I feel the same. Though it still astounds me, how nomadic everyone is here. Culture shock, I suppose." Loyalties not tied so deeply to land, kingdoms, and titles. Transient and ever-moving, capable of being more self-serving. Not that that bothers Hotaru itself of course, she is certainly no judge when it comes to that.

The tension makes her slow, though she doesn't stop. Just enough to let Aisha adjust to the sensation before exerting further pressure, and it's rewarding to watch her exhale and melt when she gives into it trustingly. "I wouldn't say no to lessons, not if they're from you," she coos, using her thumbs to trace Aisha's hairline to the very back edge of her jawbone. "Admittedly I use shorter blades more frequently, so my actual sword skills are good but I can guarantee not to your level." She's more of a dagger girl, getting up close and personal and dispatching people silently. Not that she - or Deimos for that matter - would ever accept anything less than proficiency with any weapon.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Aisha Khai

Age: 28 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AISHA
Hotaru's laughter was infectious, beautiful in it's ringing nature. Aisha laughed along, her own tones deeper, more of a bark, and so incredibly her. This whole experience was heartening, it felt good to simply chat, banter, laugh and have her worries pressed away.

Aisha would nod to the insight, Hotaru's observation was similar to her own and that relation sparked another notion, "Seriously, it's like there are regions and leadership, but the people all bleed together here. Someone I meet in Torchline will probably show up here tomorrow," she said with a chuckle. In less than a year Aisha had become one of those people, traveling from place to place and integrating with the naturals. "I think the portals are a big help," she added, the obvious factor that helped all this travel be possible.

Aisha hummed happily at the woman's response, "Well in that case I can do some lessons as payment? If that's even enough for all this, you have magic fingers," she replied with a playful edge, knowing there was another truth to those words than simply that magic of massage.
being hurt by love
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
The entire spa feels warmer with their combined laughter filling the empty spaces. It takes a weight off her own shoulders to share such an amiable moment with the other woman. How long has it been since she has had the company of someone like Aisha? Someone she feels she can be more of herself with, someone who can match her step for step? It's a shame Deimos didn't introduce the two of them earlier.

"The world is so large, but it feels so much smaller with the portals," she agrees. "Ironic, then, that so many people are against the Ascended but utilize their portals freely." Though she is a follower of Frey, her love for Wessex and the De Rosiers family will always tie her to the Ascended and The Voice by proxy. "But I do enjoy being able to step through a portal and going from snow to a sunny beach whenever I miss the sun." Laughing, she lets her hands move from Aisha's nape to the tops of her shoulders, fingertips curling over towards her collarbones as she works her way sideways towards firm biceps.

A coy laugh is Aisha's initial answer, tickled and pleased by the spark in her patron. "Why thank you darling. I'd happily take some lessons though," already envisioning the potential that lies that way as she agrees. "Just let me know when and where, and I'm all yours." The inflection is blatantly flirtatious as Hotaru begins working on Aisha's left bicep, ensuring she gets a full upper body massage even if the focus is on her back.
HOTARU
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
A bit of politics sprinkled in, Aisha hmphed in response to the statement about the ascended and the portals. She could only agree, the ascended she knew were friends, not the monsters that the old god's pious made them out to be. "It is," she hummed in agreement.

"Me too, it's a shame the Halo portal is all the way in the fucking fangs," she replied with a chuckle as Hotaru's hands slipped from her nape back down to her collarbone. The skin there was soft, warm under the chilled fingers and oils. Aisha grinned into the pillow at the coy response, the undertones stroking her softly. "I've been busy with the guild lately but once it's up and running you can stop by the old inn anytime for a private lesson," she gave, the fingers pressing now into her biceps and molding the hard muscles there into butter. Aisha hadn't felt this relaxed in ages.
being hurt by love
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Aisha only endears herself further to the Valkyrie when she agreed readily, no outright antagonism in her reaction. As much as Hotaru disapproves of the Voice herself - far too much trauma and suspicion to counter - she is tied too deeply to the Ascended themselves. Ironic then that what had once been a land against them has become a relative haven; Morgan’s stance had changed over time, and her people had followed stalwart and loyal behind her.

“It’s definitely an annoying journey,” she laughs brightly, both hands moving to massage Aisha’s left arm first, fingertips gentle around the elbow and digging firm into the muscles of her forearm. Sparing no centimeter of skin in her endeavor to leave the woman boneless and pleased - in the professional manner of course. “Admittedly, I’m lucky Atlas does not mind carrying me there.” The unicorn gives a huff from the fireplace where he lounges, and she grins at the emotions she feels trickling from his side of the bond.

Her ears perk at the mention of a guild, and she takes a moment to gather more oil while she curiously eyes what she can see of Aisha’s profile. “A guild? Well now you have my interest. What guild are you building?” Not that she’s going to overlook the rest of her statement of course. Hotaru is far too self-serving and interested in the woman to do something like that. “I may think you have alternative ideas if you invite me to an inn,” she purrs, warm laughter spilling like water over her tongue. “Then I would arrive woefully underdressed for the occasion.”
HOTARU
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
At Hotaru's comment about Atlas carrying her to the portals, she would find the skin along the arm she massaged would ripple with a leopard print pattern. A bit of show and tell, "I have my own tricks to get there and back quickly," she hummed, letting the patterning fade away as Hotaru continued to press and mold her muscles and tendons. She could only really travel in her animal forms with things that could fit in her pockets though, she still hoped that one day someone could magic her some sort of pouch that could shift with her the way clothing did.

The hands leave her body and Aisha lets the massage truly sink in. There is an absence of pressure, not just the absence of touch, but of general wear and tear. She felt renewed, and she smiled into the feeling as the woman returned to her side. At the interest in the guild, she turned her head to the side, eyes closed but words carried easier, "A new chapter of the Monster Hunter's, Kiada and I have worked through it together, we should be functioning within a week or so," she said, or at least that was the hope.

Aisha did laugh at the reply to her offer, "You can show up dressed however you like, whatever makes you comfortable," she hummed. "Wouldn't be my first time swordfighting naked," she teased, for she had little to hide.
being hurt by love
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
A soft inhale of surprise and a slight stutter of the motions of her hands is proof of Hotaru's startled response, and then an exhale that molds itself around an amused noise. "Quite beautiful," she compliments sincerely. Only thinking all the more about seeking out Frey for such gifts, to change her nature intrinsically if the god will have her. If only - in the most shallow expression of desire - to join Aisha and Deimos in their inherent bond, to race alongside them and engage in primordial notions.

Interest swells at the name of the Guild; Kiada's creation from what seems so long ago, initially formed in the Grounds. Hotaru had not joined it then, but the interest has not dwindled. "Care for another member perhaps?" There is no rule saying she cannot split her time between the Hunter's guild and the Advocates; if they are even still practicing, despite what the bracelet on her wrist may state. Sunjata has...other things on his mind. All at once her mood sours, and she retreats inside herself, glad that Aisha does not see how her face shutters and only distantly recognizes the teasing flirtations that follow.

There is only one more arm left to do, and though Hotaru would love to extend their time together, Aisha's entire day is not hers to claim either. She moves around the table, the motions familiar as they parallel the woman's first arm she'd worked on. "Best to learn to see past distractions," she teases back, refusing to let her own misery taint this delightful moment they're sharing. "And you are very distracting." Laughing, she squeezes Aisha's wrist, and steps away from the table.

"Alright, beautiful. You're all set. Though I will do my best to convince you to return for a full-body massage someday." Oppositely colored eyes glimmer with flirtatious amusement, resting her hip against the table at Aisha's feet as she waits for the swordswoman to take her own time rising and redressing as needed. She certainly won't be rushed out on Hotaru's watch.
HOTARU
Aisha Khai

Change author:
AISHA
Aisha did not notice the way that the woman shuddered, darkened with thoughts of something far more bitter and scarred. She only heard to query, a broad grin brightened her face with it, "Of course, I'd be happy to incorporate whatever you have to offer." And that was very true, Aisha didn't care what level of experience her hunters would come with, she wanted to create a place for them to all learn, conquer, and prosper together. It was only a plus that Hotaru was no beginner, that she bore magic and knowledge of this world and others.

Distractions oh lovely distractions, Aisha hummed lightly at the reply, playful and blithe. "As are you," she commented as she felt the warm hands leave her skin, the soft squeeze and then the absence of what she'd grown used to. It'd been so nice, so relaxing, easily the best spontaneous venture she'd embarked on of late. She shifted to sit up, raising her arms, hands in fists as she stretched up tall and stiff before melting into the most comfortable posture she'd had in months.

"Oh you know I will, I'll be sure to tell the other Shields how great you are," she flashed the blonde a smile, standing and moving to where her clothes had been stored, adorning layer after layer until she was finished, sword strapped to her hip. "Please do drop by anytime for a lesson," she said with a nod, sincerely hoping she would. If not for the friendship, the flirtatiousness, than just for a good spar to engage in the whims of combat with a potential hunter.
being hurt by love
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Her easy acquiescence is a delight, a cherry on top of their hours together so far. She is perhaps the easiest and most pleasing patron Hotaru has had thus far, and the idea of meeting for training is already an eagerly anticipated event. Hotaru has not had the pleasure of many friends in her life - admittedly she'd not been the most encouraging of them as a ruler, but the long years have softened her, made her more approachable. With Rexanna missing in her life, she is interested to see how her and Aisha's personalities mix; so far, she is hopeful.

Hotaru smirks at the returned compliment, shamelessly watching the swordsmaster stretch and lean to and fro, feeling the new limits of her muscles and the immediate fresh results of a massage. "I'd love to have them, I'm sure they'll have quite the interesting troubles to tackle," she muses, mischievous and delighted in equal parts by the glowing review. Soldiers alone will keep her in business she's sure. Hotaru walks Aisha to the door, already considering what days she does not have clients to set aside the full span of hours for training with the other woman. "You'll see me soon," she assures brightly, and stands waving in the door until Aisha has disappeared down the path.

- FIN <3
HOTARU