Oil and Smoke
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
HOTARU
she is a flower, but she isn't soft
when her petals fall, they hit like bullets
“You’re not the only one dear. Just means you’ll have to visit more often, hm?” Give Hotaru the chance to take the weight from Morgan’s shoulders for a time, relax and unwind and leave those worries at the door. Though Hotaru would be there at the Warden’s side if ever called upon for voyaging, war, or even a private shoulder, this is something she can more continually offer the woman who does so much for Halo. Hotaru does not envy her that burden, having carried it for so many years herself. At least she’d had Deimos.

As Morgan speaks, Hotaru lets her hands caress up the sides of Morgan’s neck, thumb gently dipping into the soft crevice beneath her skull as her other fingers help take the weight off her neck with a gentle pull. Only when she freezes does Hotaru pause, and immediately kneel beside the bed herself. Gently she brushes her knuckles over Morgan’s cheek closest to her. “Hey,” she murmurs, hoping to catch the woman’s gaze as she pulls at the neck of her shirt to reveal Nate’s bite scars. Less noticeable on her own fair skin and impossible to see when her hair is down, but willingly on display now. “Nothing to fear here, okay? Everyone is welcome.” Rising back to her feet so as not to draw much more attention to it, she takes up her massage at Morgan’s left arm, working down the bicep towards her elbow and easily moving into a different topic. “Having any kind of attachments to the heralds is difficult given our nature. If Frey isn’t your speed, are you more inclined towards another?” Or perhaps The Voice herself?
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
"I suppose so. Do you see any of my colleagues in here?" It was probably a wildly unprofessional question, but she was curious and it made her laugh to think of Deimos with cucumbers on his eyes and oils being rubbed into his back, or Noah getting a pedicure. Not that she felt they didn't deserve those things, but...well, Morgan was pretty confident she was the first among them to partake in Hotaru's offerings.

No one but Neron had touched her neck in a long time and Morgan swallowed, uncomfortable until Hotaru paused to show her own scars. After a moment of taking them in, the Warden felt better, but had to ask: "Thank you. Please...do not tell anyone about that." So far, no one knew, not even her own council, and it kept things simple.

Simple ish.

"I try to stay neutral on all the Gods. I don't find any of them particularly appealing, honestly. I prefer to be my own master. Their power can be useful and I will pay their prices for it, but...I don't want a substantial relationship." Perhaps for her next addition for the Citadel, she ought to ask the Voice, just to even things out; she was sure the technology at the Goddesses fingertips could be just as powerful as the Old God's magic. "That..may be a harder position to hold as time goes on, but for now I hold onto my right to not choose."
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
HOTARU
“Almost all of them now that word has gotten around.” Amusement clear in her bell-like tone. They had been quite reluctant at first, like a crowd of feral cats who only approached after the first brave member returned unscathed. Noah and Deimos included, though Deimos’ experience had been more mud fights than cucumber slices.

Hotaru mimes zipping her lips, but her smile is kind and her eyes are warm. “Patient confidentiality.” Making light of the topic while still vowing her silence so as not to forsake the calming mood of the massage. Her hands return to Morgan’s dark skin, and once more her fingertips rub and dig into knots and valleys alike. There is little of her skin that remains untouched, and Hotaru mourns their approaching parting.

“I grow only more certain with each day that we will be forced to choose. Though perhaps we will be insignificant enough as Abandoneds to slide beneath the radar.” Unwanted by both sides, and as such given a potential loophole to escape through.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Morgan
Snakes are biting at my heels
The worries that refuse to let us go
Morgan did chuckle at that; she was glad that her council had found ways to relax though. Their work was stressful, so much responsibility in their hands and on their shoulders. That tension had to come out somewhere, whether on a training ground or on a spa table.

Hotaru made an interesting, slightly depressing point; that as Abandoneds they might skip the God's notice entirely, be able to make neutrality their position simply because no one cared to ask what their position was. Her being Abandoned was certainly why she'd been able to go this long without swearing any allegiances, but Morgan was aware of who she was - as a leader of a region, respected and powerful...in a war, soon enough they would want to know who she stood with.

She was unsure how much time had passed, but finally it felt as if her body were made of liquid and Hotaru's hands left her. With a smile, Morgan sat up and stretched, bringing the towel around her chest. "Thank you. I feel...relaxed. For the first time in a while. I think your services here could be very useful for Halo indeed."
I've been kicking them away
Been hoping not to let them take control
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
HOTARU
Both Morgan's skin and her own palms shine in the far light of the fireplace by time she is done. Hotaru watches the Warden as she straights and stretches, eyeing her with a sharp and focused gaze to determine her work has been properly completed. No hitches, no further apparent knots or sore spots. She is satisfied with the result, and smiles with warm pride when Morgan's words translate the same as a customer.

"Thank you. It is a different branch of healing, but one that is greatly overlooked." The amount of people who could scarcely walk or bend a certain way that stared overcome and stunned at her when she was done with them and gave them their range of motion back was both heartbreaking and empowering. Wiping her hands free of any lingering oil, she grabs Morgan's clothes and sets them on the bed next to her with a smile. "Feel free to return any time love. I can always make time for you." For the Warden? Of course.

Turning her back to give Morgan her privacy to dress or to walk to the changing stall, she begins cleaning up her tools, and waves a friendly goodbye when the woman departs out the front.

- FIN