[se] new experiences in an old world
hotaru
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 9 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 47 - Endr: 46 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
I am not a scholar and I don't believe in fate
Noah kept his glacier eyes veiled as Hotaru finished running her hands over his muscles. He let the moments her fingers traced along his skin and pressed in linger, his breathing slow and careful. He acknowledged her statement about Deimos with a nod, and he would commit to seeking the general for more focused weapons coaching on his spear. Perhaps, too, the Sword would be able to help him with the foundational pieces that would keep his muscles from turning into stone as they had in the past-- though, after receiving the best treatment of his life from the valkyrie, he wouldn't mind returning.

As she moved to work on his forearms, Noah felt as though he could sit up. Without asking permission, the hunter twisted his body carefully so that he did not pull himself out of her grasp, and sat up on the table. With the height of the table where it was, he looked her perfectly in the eyes as she worked on his arms. "What do you mean?" He wondered if there were more regulations in this world -- he knew that Ascended were banned from the Greatwood, but only recently in conversation with Deimos did he learn why.

NOAH
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Don't you think a girl like me should be touched?
She startles anew as he shifts, though it’s only noticeable in the fractional widening of her bi-toned eyes. Most people are too wary as first time visitors to even consider moving if she has not instructed them to. Not that she would dissuade them - or him, as he does so now - but it’s certainly unexpected. And it invokes a strange emotion, to be watched so blatantly while she works, accustomed to some odd sort of shield that comes with being unseen. Hotaru doesn’t let it stop her though. Her hands have to readjust to find the right pattern from the new angle, but she keeps her gaze moving fluidly between his arm and his eyes.

“That must have sounded vague. We ended up in a place called Hak Etme - a desert. If it had happened to an Ascended with low tolerance, they would have died almost immediately. Even an Accepted would be hard pressed to survive with no portals being in the Wilds, especially if they were teleported unprepared. The distance alone...dehydration would kill them as quickly as any creature.” Wessex’s ability had been their saving grace, though Hotaru rarely ventured anywhere unprepared. If she’d been with Atlas it would have been easier, but she hadn’t been at the time. Luckily they usually remained glued at the hip. “Whether it’s intentional or not is yet to be seen. If it’s some sort of natural magic, it needs to be stopped. If it’s guided by a deity or spirit...there are other implications.” Ones that were foreboding with war on the horizon.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
If Noah had known how out of the normal he was acting by sitting up, he might not have. Ignorance, however, ruled his experience in this field and he did not know any better. He noticed the slight change in her mismatched eyes as he shifted, but he did not give it much mind. Most people were more expressive than him, knew more than just how to raise and knit eyebrows, or smile or frown, as were Noah's only expressions it seemed. With that, and still not knowing Hotaru very well, he chose not to let his mind wander on what it might mean.

"Oh, that makes sense." Noah nodded, briefly looking down as he took in a sharp breath. Just above his elbow, Hotaru had managed to find another deeply tied knot. He felt much like a tree as she worked -- hard, immovable, full of knots -- but he hoped that he would feel more like a reed in the weed when she finished. "Deimos and I went to King's End, but we didn't get transported anywhere else. We hunted blink hares, and saw a herd of wild unicorns." All in all, it seemed much less of an adventure in comparison to what the valkyrie experienced. Noah, however, had enjoyed his time at King's End. It had the most beautiful green he had ever seen there.

NOAH
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
As moments pass it becomes less strange, and the knot she finds in his forearm draws her attention away and back to the work still to be done. Forearms are far more sensitive and thus more difficult to massage, but Hotaru is a skilled masseuse and the workers of Halo have presented her with tired arms more than nearly any other body part. She is careful but firm as she lets her thumbs coax the tension out of the area, still listening to each rumbling word even as she works.

“I’ve yet to go to King’s End yet. What is it like?” Turning to glance over her shoulder at Atlas where he is resting in his favored spot by the fire, Hotaru gives a warm, fond smile. “Perhaps we will have to go see these herds.” Atlas merely snorts at her from where he lays, prompting a soft chuckle from his bonded. Hotaru works her way down to Noah’s wrist, and then his palm, trying not to linger there too long though she wants to. Only long enough to loosen the joints and caress the callouses before she shuffles over to start on the top of his other arm.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah couldn't help but wince as the woman worked the knots out of his forearms. He looked down at her fingers, watching the way they moved and pressed. Circles, up and down, back and forth, smoothing out over his skin and making red lines appear in their wake. his wince turned into a smile, though, at her question. "It was more green than anything I had ever seen before. More green than Torchline. It was really beautiful, with rolling hills and streams and lots and lots of grass." Anything that Delphine had depicted in her murals were not even close to being on par with the beauty of King's End.

"Your companion would probably like it." Noah said, though his sentence was cut short as he hissed through his teeth as the valkyrie's fingers rolled over a particularly tight knot. He forced his next words, breathing through her strokes, "Deimos had to keep Zuriel back, and I think it took a lot of effort."

NOAH
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
A soft noise of understanding and apology hums in her throat at his wince. It's an unfortunate necessity of her work, but the pain is almost always worth it in the end. Hotaru is certain he will be able to tough it out, but she won't ignore any of her clients when they express their physical discomfort, ready to stop at any moment if the pain becomes too much. "I grew up in a place like that," she reveals uncharacteristically, voice almost dreamlike with old memories of the Foothills. "It's a beauty like I've never seen here...perhaps we really should make that trip." What memories and emotions it will inspire she isn't sure, and as such it's a daunting prospect. Hotaru dislikes such surprises regarding her own mental state. Still, it's a temptation she can't ignore, even with the prospect of Atlas trying to run off to join a wild herd. It prompts a soft laugh from her at the affront she feels from his side as her fingers move down to Noah's hands to rub at his palms and the joints of his fingers as the last little bit. Drawing it out more than anticipated, enjoying the conversation and company. "I'll have to keep that in mind, though Atlas would likely be much harder to hold back for someone my size."

With a part of their fingertips, she grabs a cloth to chase the longing from touch out of her hands and turns to smile at Noah. "How do you feel?" Eyes casting around his skin for any proof of remaining knots or areas she may have missed.
HOTARU
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
While Noah had never been the adventurous sort by nature, with his brother receiving all of those genes, with the portals being a part of his life now and the travelling to have happened organically, the hunter was more willing than before. Noah nodded as Hotaru stepped away from him, a smile curling the corners of his lips. "Yeah, that's fair." He chuckled, running his hands up both forearms and then lifting and rolling his shoulders. He could feel every move that she had made over his skin, feel every muscle tingling from the memory of her touch. But it felt good. There was less tension than before, and less tension than he could probably even remember. This may be the most relaxed his body, his muscles, had felt in quite some time.

The hunter stood from the massage table and grabbed his shirt. He placed it over his head and pulled his arms through, watching as the valkyrie wiped her hands clean of the oils she had been using. "I feel great. Like I could actually sleep tonight." He flashed her a toothy grin, and though the words he chose seemed off-hand, they were true. Noah couldn't remember the last night he slept through from the time he laid down until the next day started. with this treatment, though, it might be tonight that changed that for him. "Thank you for your time. You can expect some seal delivered later this afternoon." He had closed the distance to his outerwear by this time, and had started suiting up for the cold of Halo. "Thank you."

the hunter ducked out, his muscles relaxed, his cup full, but his heart pulsing for more.

FINISHED

NOAH