Personal Quest this ain't no pleasure cruise
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
drinking champagne from the fire escape, watching all my troubles rain down
His call reaches them, and when they’re received he looks back to spy how they might be able to avoid the pod of dolphins. Only… They don’t, not quite. The ship moves to the side and Milo watches as a few of the pink pod are quickly and quite horribly mowed down. "Oh shit, oh fuck." He grimaces, visibly flinching, if only to look away with a quiet shake of his head. Hopefully the rest of the encantados didn’t want to enact some stormy revenge upon them.

He casts a glance back down toward Melita with the sails and to Jack and Aurelia, before he’s looking back up with his spyglass to peer along the edges of the water again, searching for any other surprises, casually avoiding the hell out of the massacred dolphins behind them.

Milo keeps the crows nest and continues to look out for anything of interest!
everyone i know's got somewhere to go
I'm here with my head in the clouds
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
There's nothing you or I can do
so let the stars fall
Aurelia jumps at the wheel and grits her teeth in a grimace when she can feel the sudden death of some of the encantados. The ship plows through them without halting and she finds her grip tightening if only so she doesn't let go.

Her gaze swerves over at Jack, where he scoffs at her, and she pouts a little. "Hey- I didn't mean to..." she grumbles defensively, straightening up to be more attentive of the way forward.

Even if her luck seems to have run the fuck over a pod of innocent encantados, she doesn't feel like giving up yet. Yet being the key word. If she keeps fudging her rolls fucking up, she might have to hand this over to someone better-suited for it. For now, though, she is determined be better. "This is your fault," she suddenly says to Jack, smirking, "you came up here and everything started goin' to shit. Weird coincidence."

Aurelia is determined to stay at the helm - and wishes for better rolls v-v
from up here the sky is my thoughts
And we're all so small
Jack Barclay
Captain of the Ark

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 7 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 21 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 7 - Int:
SEVEN - Mythical - Sear Cat
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
i want to taste you again
Finally, it seems as though they're getting somewhere. For Melita's part, she handles the sails this time with grace and dexterity, managing to keep the deck clear and move with ease between the ropes and canvas. Indeed, by the time the day veers towards sunset and the Ark's burnt umber sails all but bleed into the sky, most other crew members have left the honeybee to it. Cannons and sails. She's really taking to life as a sailor.

Milo, though, seems to have gone blind since his initial spotting of the empanadas encantados, and the rest of his day is spent failing to spot anything interesting. Luckily for him, there are no dangers lurking beneath the deep.

As for Aurelia? It's not the magnificence of her first attempt, and nor is it the horror of her second. No, she manages it at the helm at a perfectly average degree of competence, and Jack even leaves her alone for the most part, when he's not making fun of her, obviously.

Now the night approaches, and other crew members come to relieve the trio of their duties.

"Decent job," Jack announces as he heads down to the main deck. "Food, drink, music. That's what the Ark's made of when the sun goes down."

We did it guys! For the last round (and your finishing post), someone needs to help fetch up food from belowdecks, someone else needs to start pouring out drinks, and a third person is in charge of providing some soothing tunes. Soothing, okay?

No post order, and congratuwelldone to all!
like a secret or a sin
JACK
Jack being an Abandoned is common knowledge these days, however his Telepathy remains a well-kept secret.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 57 - Dext: 58 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 57 - Int: 1
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
Like some child possessed, the beast howls in my veins
Melita didn’t bother hiding the smug little grin nestled along her mouth – not when the sails cater to her whims, not when the cannons are ready, willing, able, not when she has some level of command over her chosen area. Her eyes upon the horizon, upon the rolling waves, and upon the task at hand make it all that much greater and better – adventure to be had, rather than immersing herself in all the dramatics back on land.

Before long though, their duties were to be swapped, and the honeybee swapped over her role begrudgingly, letting another have the opportunity, while she and Fangorn hastened towards below deck. “I’ll grab the food!” Waving her hand towards the others, she rummaged down the steps and in accordance with a rumbling stomach, selected the particulars, and intended to bring them up for everyone else to enjoy and savor.

--

Melita and Fangorn get the food!
Melita
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
drinking champagne from the fire escape, watching all my troubles rain down
He’s quite unsuccessful with finding anything else, but it seems to be okay for the time being – nothing else hit, and night encroaches on, and someone arrives up on the crows nest to relieve him. He goes willingly, making his way back down to the deck, taking a moment to run a hand through his windswept hair as he hears the comment from Jack.

Melita’s already getting food and Milo drifts over toward Aurelia to wrap an arm around her to press a kiss to her temple, before he flashes her an amused, mischievous smile. “Guess that leaves th’food t’ya. Don’t eat it all ‘fore it’s up here.” He teases her lightly, before he’s departing to grab his guitar and arrives, playing a soothing tune (with perhaps a bit of spice).

Milo snags MUSIC
everyone i know's got somewhere to go
I'm here with my head in the clouds
MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
There's nothing you or I can do
so let the stars fall
It's definitely a relief when the rest of the crew come over to take charge of things for the night, and while Aurelia will miss the feeling of being at the helm she's also pretty hungry - as usual. The mention of food, drink, and music, as well as spotting Milo's messy hair, draws a happy smile to her face.

She makes her way over to meet him, leaning into his kiss with an embrace of her own. At his comment, she grins and retorts quickly, "Hey! No promises!"

She watches him go and Melita leave to retrieve the food before she's deliberating over which bottles of rum to break out. She settles on something dark, giving it a generous taste test to find that it's very smooth with some sweeter, honeyed notes. She'll offer Jack a bottle of his own with a small smile before serving everyone else.

Aurelia's got the drinks covered~!
from up here the sky is my thoughts
And we're all so small