what dreams may come
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Ronin Taliesin
they say it's all been done
but they haven't seen the best of me
Ronin tiptoes his way to bed, having had to climb in through the window. Timelines being what they are, Remi is not yet in the Greatwood and Maeve is not yet a guest in their house. No, all is quiet as the night proceeds towards the dawn, and the Star creeps into the bedroom he shares with his husband, peels off his clothes, and slips beneath the blankets.

"Mm, sorry I'm late. The meeting with Safrin took a weird turn." he murmurs. He might be excited and he might have news, but it can absolutely wait until the morning if Remi is fast asleep. Either way, Ronin is not going to complain about the fact that he can once again wind his arms around the Lullaby and draw him back against his chest. If every night ended this way, he could die a happy man.

And so, not knowing if he'll receive a response, Ronin buries his nose in soft curls and lets himself relax bonelessly into the bed, shutting his eyes to enjoy the peace and the darkness.

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 62 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI

"What happened to THaTs NoT WhaT WinDows ArE FoR, ReMi." The alchemist remarks, able to sound sarcastic and sleepy at the same time. He too would have been content to just sink back into the dream he'd been having (such are his abilities), were it not for the bright and shiny rush of emotion he feels instantly as Ronin's arms twine around him.

"Oh?" Blinking back some of the sleep from his eyes, Remi sits up slightly only to decide against it as he sags against Ronin. "Tell me about it?" He encourages, trying not to let his mind race ahead to what news the Star might have. It's rare for Ronin to come back from an encounter with Safrin that leaves him...well, that leaves him feeling the emotional equivalent of his dazzle. But in his arms, that's precisely how the Star feels to Remi.
back when i was living for the hope of it all

Code taken from Sky who is utter perfection
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Shhhh. It doesn't count if nobody sees," Ronin says with a quiet laugh, and he grumbles as his husband tries to sit up, only relenting when Remi (wisely) thinks better of it. "Also I was sleepy and lazy and I missed you. I'm sorry and I'll use the door next time," he promises, pressing a warm and happy kiss in the soft space behind the Lullaby's ear. The other man is trying to wake up and Ronin is trying for the opposite, but as Remi speaks again, Ronin blinks himself back to wakefulness.

He is dazzling, beneath the blankets, though he's trying his best to stop it, and he lets gentle fingertips dance across the alchemist's ribs. "She gave Seren back," he murmurs softly. It shouldn't sound that way - she gave her back - but it's the only way he can think to put it. "She's in Stormbreak again, and she... well, she's a grown woman now. She wants to be a Dragoon."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI

'Well, Nobody did see.' Remi complains; Nobody being him, of course. Grinning wickedly, the alchemist shakes his head. "Don't you dare. I like it so much more when you fly in through the window." He did, for reasons he couldn't quite parse: it made it feel like it was their home to do whatever they wanted, that Ronin was shedding at least some of his baron sensibilities, that Remi really was missed enough that the front door would simply have taken too long.

They are being honest with one another now, and so as Ronin explains what has him dazzling both inside and out, it's a long moment before the alchemist says anything. Pulling in a slow breath through his nose, eventually, Remi nods and shifts so that he can softly press a kiss to Ronin's lips—or any part of him really, whatever is closest. "I am happy to hear that." Pulsing reassurance and joy both through the attuned bond that the Star might know he's being genuine, Remi can't help the words of advice that shove themselves past his lips. "There's never a guarantee with Safrin...I just..." Shaking his head, the hasty words not at all communicating what he intends for them to, Remi tugs Ronin closer. "Savour every moment you have. Both you and Mateo."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Oho, I see. Well in that case, I'll make sure I try and sneak in through the window at least three times a week," Ronin murmurs, his voice muffled against the kisses he's pressing against Remi's neck. "If it's late, maybe I'll even fly in naked, with a rose between my teeth." And who gives a fuck who sees.

For the first time since their initial discussion about it, Ronin is neither worried about telling hi shusband about Safrin, nor worried about what his response will be. It doesn't matter if it's good or bad - it's honest, and that's all that really matters to him. "Thank you," he whispers, soaking up all the feelings that Remi sends his way and letting him turn in his arms that he can meet his lips in a kiss.

"No, I know - I just..." He draws Remi closer still, his dazzle beaming out of him. "I'm planning to. There's so rarely this many good things happening, and I don't want to miss any of them." Especially if he misses them by worrying about them disappearing. "I love you. Is there anything I can do to make this easier on you?"

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

'What does it being late have to do with it..?' Remi is too sleepy to equate it being late with it being dark. Instead, he just strangely assumes that the Star is suggesting that he only make romantic gestures at night.

Nuzzling himself in all the tighter against the Star, Remi is both surprised and not, that he doesn't feel the normal rising panic and fury that tend to accompany conversations about Safrin. Honesty should herald much calmer and more understanding conversations, but it's still strange to actually experience it. "No, no. This is about you. I should be asking what I can do to make it easier for you." Tugging in another breath, his fingertips finding his husband's skin so that he can begin to draw lazily patterns that vaguely resemble the swirl of his thoughts, Remi lets his eyes close. "It's...both good but strange that she is not a young girl anymore." He hums under his breath. Good in that they already had one child to take care of, and another would be difficult. But...it was another stage of Seren's life that had been taken from Ronin. He'd never seen her as a baby, and now, he'd never see her as a toddler or young child either.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Because then I won't treat the rest of the square to a glimpse of my unmentionables?" Ronin suggests, grinning at his husband but quickly falling into the press of his body and the feel of his fingers swirling absent patterns against his skin. Sliding his fingers into the back of the Lullaby's curls, he breathes in deep and holds Remi close to him, like they can stretch this moment out into infinities to wrap themselves in.

"Mm... it would be nice if Seren could visit the shop and see Mateo here," he says honestly. "I didn't ask her to stay with us because there's not much room as it is, and because she's an adult now and she should have her independence." He pauses, before leaning in to kiss Remi's forehead. "And I did it because I didn't want to upset you," he adds, honesty softening his words.

"Good and strange," he agrees. "I already did my grieving, for the childhood I couldn't give her. For the things I couldn't be for her. All I can do now is try to make up for it..."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

'How is that different from the statue Sera is building? Or do you mean because if they see you in real life, they'll know that your cock and balls aren't actually covered in gold?" Gods but he did love this man.

'I'd like that." Remi hums in agreement. It would be a good idea too, that Ronin hadn't invited his daughter to stay, if only because their couch was shortly going to be used by another woman. "I guess we'll have to tell Mateo why and how he has a sister who isn't my daughter." The alchemist murmurs, before melting into the kiss pressed onto his forehead. "It..I appreciate that. She looked so much like how Aoife might have. I never really let myself imagine her older though, so perhaps now it won't be so hard."

Snorting, Remi grazes his teeth against some part of his husband's skin. "Make up for it by...throwing her in with your dragoons?" He shakes his head, grinning. "I am your husband, and not even I think I would want to be one of your soldiers."

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Mm, also my cock and balls don't usually have birds nesting in them," he mumbles, grinning and leaning in to kiss Remi just for the sake of it, though there's no part of him that tries to make this more than warm and affectionate. There's staying honest and there's also stopping themselves from falling back into bad habits all over again. Sighing contently against the other man's lips, his hands stroke down his husband's back and he nods in understanding.

"Let me tell him. We can have a talk about it, I'll answer all his questions, and then if he has any for you, he can come and talk to you himself?" It's a suggestion only meant to ensure Remi's comfort, so he doesn't have to fence any difficulty that he hasn't asked for. "Mm, I didn't let myself imagine her older either," he admits of Aoife. "And Seren is... she just looks like Seren, to me." He sighs, surprising himself with how at peace he is with it.

Ronin gasps dramatically to hear Remi's opinions about his training, and he can't help but grin and scritch his stubbled cheek against the other man's face. "What's wrong with being one of my soldiers?" he asks. "I'm not that incompetent, surely."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

"I feel like that's something the people of Stormbreak should be aware of." Remi counters with a tilt of his head, which as it happens, makes it all the easier for Ronin to kiss him. Though the alchemist takes the opportunity to steal one extra kiss before the Star pulls away, there's a wonderful lack of arousal that comes with the fact that things are fine. They're together. Not every moment has to be a frantic grab for affection and pleasure.

'Sure.' His agreement is swift and easy. Not a single part of him worries about whether or not Ronin will be able to handle what will likely be a difficult and/or awkward conversation with their son. But Ronin was ever earnest, and Mateo, full of questions though he might be, was a clever and understanding child.

Snorting at Ronin's surprise, Remi cracks an eye open to give his husband a wry stare. "Oh nothing like that at all. But imagine now that you've taken your soldiers out for a well-earned drink. A few get a touch messy, but that's okay. You'll work them all the harder in the morning to make up for it. Now, what if one of those messy soldiers is Seren? What if you notice that she hasn't made it back to her own bed?" Ronin wasn't incompetent, but nor did he micromanage. Whether that would remain the case if it was his daughter who needed managing, would remain to be seen.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Mm, definitely," Ronin agrees, though he has to admit, he's not sure how even he would feel to have to waltz past his own penis every morning on the way to work, let alone the good people of Stormbreak. He relaxes into this moment, and honestly, if it weren't for the fact that Remi has brought up the Seren-as-a-Dragoon issue, Ronin might have happily fallen asleep right there. Alas, the Lullaby has brought it up, and the dazzle that was so soft and gentle before becomes, quite suddenly, a splintering sort of light.

His brows furrowed into a scowl, the Star considers his husband's words carefully. "Hmm." It's better than I'll just have to lock her in a tower or no soldier of mine is going to get their hands on her, which is unfair to everyone involved. "I think I will need to keep tabs on myself to stop from parenting her too hard... or stabbing my recruits."

Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI

Remi grumbles theatrically and squeezes his eyes shut against the burst of light. He can't help but chuckle as realization finally dawns on his husband. 'Best of luck with that. I have heard more than a few stories from you about your time as a young soldier when you were her age. Now you tell me what sort of thoughts were running through your mind about your female counterparts, and we'll see how many sharp objects we need to have removed from the barracks."

Divine blood with the Dark Star as her father would mean very little to hormonal teenagers of any gender. If Seren inherited even a whisper of wit and charm from her parents, everyone was in trouble, but Ronin most of all.

Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin Taliesin
"Sorry," Ronin mumbles to his husband, working to bundle the blankets around them so his light will be somewhat stifled. How much it works is beyond him, but he's Trying, okay? And that's what counts. Just like he'll be trying not to lock Seren in a cage or punch every single one of his dragoons-in-training. Inhaling a deep breath and letting it out again, eventually his dazzle does die down, and the Star grumbles his way into burying his head against Remi's curls.

He doesn't want to talk about what he was like as a hot-blooded young soldier, and his opinions about it will be made apparent by the butt-grab delivered to the Lullaby to keep him close. "I'll add it to my list of things to deal with," he decides. For now, though? It's finally time to sleep, and as they're sealed back into the darkness and happily tangled up in each other, Ronin finds solace in that.

~FIN