the wolves are watching
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
first off, you should know, that my light's on but i ain't home
Clearly.” He quips back, smirking against the way she rolls her eyes at him. It’s amusing to him, this banter, this back and forth. Even more so when she claims she could kick his ass despite her size. A dark brow arches in his amusement, lips curling a bit more playful as he considers her. “Maeve, sweetheart, I find that incredibly difficult to believe.” He manages a soft laugh with it this time, one that settles as she nudges her nose against his and he wiggles his nose in response.

I’d hope you wouldn’t complain.” He retorts with a hum of a wistful sigh, playful of course, as he watches her pull herself away once he’s done rinsing the both of them and she rises from the bath, drying herself off and setting a towel out for him. It takes him a few moments longer to find the will to move, but when he does, he pulls himself up from the water to grab the towel, to start drying himself off as well, before eventually wrapping the towel around his waist.

She brushes her hair and he moves to step beside her, pulling out both of the water drenched earrings that dangled from his ears with the silver of a feather and a blue gem in the middle in order to dry them off, before he’s slipping them back in. “A perfect end.” He agrees, nudging her with an elbow, before he steps away back into the kitchenette, searching for his pants and the box of smokes within.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Sweetheart. He called her sweetheart. It makes her breath catch in her throat and a flush rise to her cheeks. If they weren't already pink from the bath it would be more noticeable. When was the last time anyone called her such a thing? She can't even remember. Not a single time in recent months that someone uttered that term to her. Maeve makes a show of pouting up at him when he joins her at the mirror, drying off his earrings. "You don't know what I'm capable of. Maybe I could. How would you even know, huh?" She shoots back because she just has to prove a point. Has to be a brat.

"Of course I wouldn't complain. I loved every second of it." Maeve hums, placing her towel back on the hook and taking care of her hair. He nudges her with his elbow and she huffs, swaying a little bit before she regains her foots. "Get back in bed, you brute." Maeve laughs, giving him a little push to urge him back into the main area. He moves ahead of her and she trails behind him, snatching the book of matches she has in one of the drawers. The Madame doesn't bother with clothes. No need when she's just going to be getting back in bed to cuddle with him. She does pause to add a few more logs to the fire that's burned a little low, flaring it back to life before she's drifting towards the bed.

Her fingers wrap around the bottle of rum from earlier, bringing it with her as she joins him where he's settled. This time the blankets are pulled back for sleeping. Once she's settled against him, back to his chest, she pulls the blankets over both of them. Maeve strikes the match for him, lighting his cigarette before blowing out the flame and tossing it into the ash tray on the nightstand. She takes a swig of the rum, sighing as her head drops back against his shoulder. "So... I have something to tell you."
I admit that I'm a little messed up
but I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Because I can tell.” He calls over his shoulder as he steps away from her back into the room, preening a fraction at her follow up comment. There’s amusement in his tones as he searches for where his pants had been discarded, fishing around in the pocket for the box of smokes, before he’s managed to pull it out, pull out a smoke, and folds his pants and shirt off to the side for later when he makes his departure. The cigarette hangs loosely in his lips when he finally dries off completely and folds the towel as well before slipping under the blankets with her.

She lights his cigarette for him and he drapes his arms around her as she nestles in, Sunjata drawing deep from it before he’s exhaling through his nose, letting the smoke curl around his face. Her words don’t give him surprise just yet, but he does reach down to take the bottle from her to take a swig from it as he listens. “And what is that?” He asks once he’s swallowed, handing the bottle back to her and lifting the cigarette to his lips again, giving her a squeeze from where she rests against him and his shoulder.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It's going to be a little bit of a touchy subject. Given that it's about Safrin and that isn't exactly someone he's too keen on at the moment. Mostly due to the fact it's turned his entire life upside down. Maeve waits for him to take the hearty swig before she does the same herself. Her lips purse and she considers how to start. "Well... I tried praying again. Went to the shrine in the lighthouse, brought an offering, all of that." She starts, chewing on her bottom lip as her stomach twists anxiously. He probably won't be upset. There isn't really a reason to be. She didn't do anything wrong or make a deal. She was careful just like everyone told her to be. Maeve takes another deep swig of the drink, hoping it'll settle her nerves. "I met Safrin."

Maeve finally says, waiting for him to tense and preparing to soothe him, "Nothing happened really. I was surprised she came. I was surprised that anyone came. I honestly didn't think they would." She admits softly, daring to glance up at him, trying to gauge his expression. Maeve shifts herself so she can see him better, laying a bit more fully on him as the alcohol warms her blood. She passes him the bottle and takes the cigarette from him instead. "She was surprised I spoke to her instead of Frey. I told her that the reason I went to her was because of you."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She pauses before she speaks and that’s when the bit of worry begins to settle in his gut, swirling with the alcohol and everything else that could start to make him sick with worry, but it doesn’t happen. She speaks of praying again, just as he had suggested, and when she talks of the lighthouse, he nods, and can only imagine where it’s going.

She’d met Safrin. And of course it does cause him to tense a bit, causes the starry tattoos on his arms to shift a little slower at the mention of her, and Sunjata has to take every bit of will within him not to reach and rub at the constellation tattoo in the center of his chest. “Is that so?” He asks quietly instead, happily taking the bottle as she tries to soothe him and takes the cigarette instead.

She lays on him a bit more fully and he takes a sip of the bottle again, swallowing it hard as she tells him that she had said she told Safrin he’d told her to come. “I am sure Safrin was quite pleased about that?” He asks, casting his steel gaze down to her, tapping a finger along the bottle of rum as he considers it, considers what her explanation would be, knowing that Sunjata simply continues to follow through with his promise to his goddess from years ago to spread her name.

She’s likely reveling in it.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve nods, confirming that it is in fact so. It hadn't gone at all like she thought it would. It had gone better than she could have imagined. She takes a slow draw from the cigarette, letting the smoke settle in her lungs before she exhales, leaning up to press a kiss to his jaw. "Relax, beastie. Don't undo all my hard work." Maeve murmurs against his skin, nuzzling there until she feels him take a breath. Until he lets go of the tightness he's holding in his jaw. It was going to be a rough topic to speak about. She knew that. It was important though. She wanted him to know. He was the reason she went. He was the reason that the goddess regarded her with such favor. "She didn't really comment, but she seemed happy with what I mentioned about you. About our talk."

She places the cigarette back between his lips, taking the bottle instead, drawing a deep drink from it again, "The talk didn't really go how I thought it would, to be honest. We talked about love. Which... I wasn't expecting." Maeve laughs softly. He knows that it's something she wants. A family, a partner, to be the one for somebody. He knew that from the very first night they met. It's never been a secret. "I told her that I didn't want to be alone anymore." Maeve admits softly, tucking herself into his neck as the bottle rests lightly against his stomach while still in her grip.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She tells him to relax about it, but he finds it relatively difficult to do. So he nods, instead, to her follow up comment, letting her press her lips to his jaw, letting her rest against him wherever she needs to. “That makes sense.” He offers her quietly. It had been his job from the beginning, to spread Safrin’s name and give her all the attention she deserved. But it still didn’t make it easier given how his life had changed so much, how much he was still trying to adjust to it, how much he was forced to fight in a war for her that would end up with him faced against his love.

On opposite sides of the battle lines.

He drags deep from the cigarette, holding it in a bit longer than otherwise, letting it push and tingle against his lungs and throat before he’s exhaling the cloud and leaning back. She reiterates that she doesn’t want to be alone and he understands. He remembers the night Nate had decided he couldn’t stay, how it had torn him apart again anew, and he finds himself staring at the ceiling for a long moment as she curls against him and his neck. “What was her answer to that?” He asks quietly, lowering his gaze to find her face, something distant in the steel of his eyes.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

She's upset him. It makes the earlier warmth fade all the more quickly and she wishes she hadn't said a damned thing about it. This wasn't how she wanted it to go. Maeve tightens her grip on him, unable to think of anything else as her body presses to his, thinking that it might help. She's not sure it does. When he looks at her, his stare is distant and unfocused. As if he's looking through her instead of at her. There isn't any affection to be found in those steel eyes she's grown so fond of. Maeve licks her lips, drawing in a breath. "That I wasn't a lone. That just because I hadn't found the one didn't mean I was alone. That I had myself, my work, my friends. That I had her." She explains quietly, hating the heaviness that hangs in the air. The way it seems to cling to them now.

It weighs them down, crushing them beneath it's heel with little care of how it makes them feel. Of the pain it causes. She wants to rewind time. To take it all back. If only it meant that he wasn't hurting because of her words. "That wasn't what I asked her for though..." Maeve finally says, getting to the main part that she wanted to tell him. One of the things she needed him for. "I asked her for a way to be there for the people that needed me..." For when you needed me. That hadn't been the request, but that had been one of the thoughts behind it. She didn't want to leave him. Even though he might not have any use for her soon.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
His gaze is distant, all the previous distractions pinpointed and gone in a moment as he focuses on the idea of talking with Safrin — a part of him wondering what he’d even talk to Safrin about anymore. The lines had been drawn, Sunjata had fathered a child of hers, and now? Regardless of how much Safrin says she’s there for him, (not that he doesn’t appreciate it and need it in times like these) it hurts. And it hurts because it feels like a replacement for someone that’s already there, someone that isn’t right to the old gods and their heralds, and it leaves him feeling lost.

Torn between the person he loves and the goddess he’s sworn himself to.

It isn’t entirely Maeve’s fault, though. He is happy that she’d gone to see Safrin, but there isn’t too much he can say on the subject itself without it coming out bitter and wrong in this present moment. His arm winds around her, giving her a light squeeze as if to say it isn’t her that has brought the mood down for him, but something else. “A way to be there, hm?” He tries to bring that ease of earlier back into his tone. “What did she ask for you to do?” Because it sounded a lot like a quest, like when he’d gotten his daggers from the goddess, like when he’d offered to become hers once again in a pact to save Nate’s life.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

His arm wraps around her and he gives her a little squeeze, pressing her into him and it helps a little bit, but not enough to make the guilt go away. Not enough that she still didn't wish she hadn't said a single fucking thing about it. Sunjata indulges her, though. Just like he always does. He's trying. Trying to be there for her. Trying not to be upset or bitter. He's trying and she knows he is. She appreciates him for it. This was a big deal for her. Something she never thought she would do. Yet she did it because of him. She trusts him even though she should probably know better.

Maeve takes a smaller sip of the rum, head already starting to feel fuzzy, but she needs to focus on him. "She asked me to do a few different things. She asked me to get some training, learn about non-magical means of healing, kill something..." She makes a face here. The woman has never killed more than a plant in her entire life and she has a feeling that Safrin wouldn't count that. "And to collect two of the things I want the item to be." Maeve finally concludes, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as she glances up at him from beneath her lashes. "I was hoping that you could help me... If you'd be willing to."
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She takes a sip of the rum and he takes another drag from the cigarette, before reaching up to trade the items, trying to drown out his thoughts once more as the nicotine hits his body in a bit of a lighter feeling. He’s attentive, pulling himself out of the darkest parts of his thoughts, to hear what it is she has to do in order to get the item. He doesn’t miss the face of her mentioning that she has to kill something, inwardly cringing at that – seeing as Sunjata would have absolutely zero qualms with it – before he’s nodding immediately despite her conclusion and her question.

Of course.” He assures her, offering her a small smile that doesn’t entirely meet his gaze. “I’d be happy to.” It would give Maeve the opportunity to get to know Safrin more and more and give Sunjata the opportunity to keep doing what he’d promised Safrin he’d do. So he gives her another light squeeze, takes a heavy sip from the bottle, before he’s considering which would be better for him to help with.

Might as well be honest, yeah? “I can’t help with the healing one. That’s more… Nate’s wheelhouse, truthfully. But I’m good at training and I can help you kill something, and collect something. Whichever you’d prefer.” Personally, his best choices would be training or a hunt – and gods what he wouldn’t give right this second to simply shift to his panther shift and take down a ramphire with the emotions he has coursing through his veins.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

He offers her a smile and even though it doesn't light up the steel of his eyes entirely there is a little spark of it there. She can work with that. Maeve has brought him back from those dark places before. She can do it again. She will do it again. He agrees to help and she smiles brightly up at him, a sudden rush of excitement building in her belly. Maeve surges up, pressing a kiss to his lips without a second thought. She might have kept it chaste if she wasn't doing it for other reasons too. He tastes like rum and smoke. Maeve takes a moment to savor it, licking into his mouth as her free hand cups his cheek. She's killing too birds with one stone. Thanking him and distracting him. "Thank you. It really means a lot to me." She murmurs as she draws back from his lips, brushing her nose against his in an affectionate nuzzle.

"I would appreciate any help with training. I'm... familiar with daggers, but I'm not incredibly well versed in hand to hand or doing much more than attempting to be frightening while holding one." Maeve laughs softly, lowering herself back against his chest as she takes another draw from the cigarette, leaning over him to tap some of the ash off in the tray. "And I'm not too intent on heading back into the Wilds myself to attempt to slay something. I'd definitely would need an escort if you're up for the task." She wiggles her brows at him playfully, trying hard to lighten the mood that still weighs heavy around them.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Her excitement takes him by surprise, as does the surge for his lips — lucky that he hasn’t pressed the bottle to his lips when she does so, so that he might give into her and try to chase the thoughts away. “You’re welcome.” He says when she pulls away, when her nose is nuzzling against his. And when she begins to talk about the weapons she’s most familiar with, he nods and settles a bit more — finally taking another deep sip of the bottle before trading them out with her again for the cigarette.

I’m versed in daggers and bows mostly.” He muses as he draws deep from the cigarette again, exhaling a plume of smoke as a sigh when she continues on. “We’d have to go when the monsoons are over, if you wanted to go into the Wilds. If nothing else, though, I’m sure a chicken or a ramphire would suffice.” He arches a dark brow as he focuses on her again, mulling it over as he considers their options. “But if you don’t mind waiting then the Wilds would work.” He leaves it up for her to decide, still at that odd combination internally of distracted and not so much.
up high, but i stay low
SuNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The idea of killing anything curdles her stomach and she hides her discomfort over the idea with a long swig from the bottle of rum. They're a little half way through it now and gods if it doesn't help. Warmth suffuses through her veins, flushing her cheeks prettily, and blowing out her pupils with something other than lust. Maeve hums lazily, "Then you can surely teach me something." She teases, dropping her head back against his shoulder and nuzzling lightly into his neck. He's so warm and this time he smells like her. Lavender and vanilla. Yummy. Her mind is growing a touch hazy. Not enough to urge her to sleep, but enough to encourage her to melt against him. Fingers come up to brush through the hair at the nape of his neck, scratching lightly.

"Do you think a plant would count? It probably wouldn't count..." She answers her own question, huffing out something akin to a laugh against his throat. A chicken might not be too bad. A chicken or a ramphire. Not that she really wants to kill anything, but Safrin asked her to. She needs to do it. She doesn't want to disappoint her. "Don't have to go in the Wilds. Just thought maybe it would be more impressive." Her lips curl into a little smile and maybe she's drank more than she thought. Is the bottle only half empty? Nope. Definitely more. Way more. When was the last time she was anything past tipsy? She honestly can't even remember.