Every Shadow Turning Bright
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Come, lay with me, if you do not fear what hides in the dark
“There is little I couldn’t do with that blessing,” he agrees, grin boyish and charmed. Surely he will consider it if only because she bids him to. Harper had thrived on structure and purpose in his old world, and admittedly it is a missing piece of his life now; Safrin perfectly fills that void, apparent in his easy acceptance of her suggestions.

When it comes to his own input, that is a far broader question. One that invoked another - what will he be for her? A shield like Amalia? A cosmic star, both guiding and inflamed, the way Ronin is? A blade like Sunjata? It seems wrong to walk paths already trod. None of the items feel right. Something that would be with him at all times, wieldable but familiar. And there is certainly something he knows is familiar. “A staff, maybe one that can break into two? I’m more accustomed to dual-wielding. Could it block them only intentionally, by being struck?” To allow the ability to go undetected while still having a weapon itself. A staff at that - a weapon that is greatly underestimated as is. Offensive, defensive, and unobtrusive. Everything he himself wants to be for her.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
"I like the way you think." And indeed, she does. She truly does.

In her hands, two glowing clusters of stars appear. Twisting and manipulating them as if they were liquid glass, she creates two unique items that when fit together in the middle create one complete staff. Perfectly balanced that they will serve him if held in each hand or attached at the center, the material is made out of galactic dust with a chore of meteorite. Light to hold, but strong enough to be used as a melee weapon as well.

"When you press just here—" Safrin's thumb roams over a star-shape that will move when touched, "—you can activate the ability. The more you use it, the stronger it will become aka you need to level it up. For now, the ascended will have to be quite close."

Harper has received:

Two-section staff | A bi-sectioned staff created from star-dust and meteorite. When a star on the side is pressed, it nullifies ascended upgrades within 1ft, for 1 post per thread.
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
Watching her work is entrancing, and though the starlight is bright enough to burn he can scarcely blink, and looking away is entirely out of the question. Yet somehow it doesn’t register that she is making something for him until the moment the light dims, leaving in its wake a staff in her masterful hands. Her demonstration draws Harper’s wide-eyed gaze, admittedly feeling overwhelmed by her giving nature and her kindness. He scarcely feels he deserves it, but he tentatively opens his own hands to take the staff from her.

“I...thank you, Safrin. I don’t know what to say. You’re truly incredible.” His musings had not been more than that; to have her so simply create such a powerful weapon within moments with no aid needed...it’s truly a display of her divine might. And he knows as he looks into her eyes, as deep and intricate as the galaxies themselves, that he has made the right decision in choosing her. “I know I’ve asked so much of you tonight. But I...” Harper has never been one frequently at a loss for words, but with how poleaxed and humbled he feels he’s going to give himself a pass. “When we first met, you offered me a choice. One I wasn’t ready to make, but now I’m certain.” He had been before she’d even descended into the lighthouse, it had been the entire reason for his visit tonight. “I’d like to be yours. Fully, if you’ll have me. I am trying to learn to ask for what I want, and more than anything I want to be Attuned to you.” It is so much more than power or a change in form. It is a connection, a devotion to a singular herald, and Harper has no more doubts about his place in this new world to keep him from choosing her.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
'You needn't say anything at all, my darling one.' She coos affectionately. Indeed, much as she appreciates the words that Harper so wonderfully lavishes upon her, it will be his deeds that truly set him apart from the others who merely pay her lip service.

But then he continues speaking, and after so much done already, one might wonder whether it wise to continue to ask of one such as Safrin. One known for being fickle and short-tempered. But Harper does, and oh, how he will be rewarded for how artfully he has toed this line with her.

Inhaling as a lover might on the precipice of orgasm, Safrin radiates pleasure; her eyes deepen and sparkle, her lips part, and her hands reach out for him. "I will indeed have you, Harper Quinn. From now until the end of your days, you shall be mine." She doesn't hide the possessive curl to her words, nor does she feign a humble affect. He has made his choice, and has chosen correctly.

Drawing him to her, Safrin tilts her head ever so slightly as her fingers rake softly into his hair. "Mine." She whispers again, as her lips press against his.

Harper as been made an Attuned! His first shift is a Gore Crow!
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Change author:
To have pleased her with the offering of only himself is the greatest compliment he could receive, inscribed and translated through the sigh of breath on her lips and the twinkle of galaxies in her eyes. She is a gravity unlike anything he has ever known, and yet simultaneously he feels as if he could float up into the atmosphere.

He shudders with the curl of her voice around his name, her possessiveness resonating with his own. “As you are mine,” his voice dips into a growl. Harper cannot own her, would never seek to try and tether a celestial comet, but she is his as much as she can be. Leaning into her touch as it slides along his scalp, the hiss of her last word scalds him, burning him clean and creating him anew as her lips descend upon his. Harper presses his mouth firmly to hers, reaching to pull her close by the nape of her neck. Yours, he vows inside his head, and lets her brightness illuminate behind his eyes until she is all he can see.

- FIN