clock w i s e
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
if there's nothing that they hold
"There are going to be riots after this season." The alchemist says with a sigh, folding his arms comfortably across his chest. "Whatever Sunjata has been through...the protection against the monsoons from Safrin...shoring up the buildings...he chose to be Governor. All of this is on him." Harshly said, there was no one in a better position to pass on that specific criticism than Remi was. He'd done the job after all, through heartache and pain both.

'If it does get worse, I could pass a few through dreams into Stormbreak. Provided they were accepted or attuned." It's a caveat that has him silently snarling. "Flying here...I do not know that most could survive the journey." He and Ronin with their near-godly strength had forced their way through, but ordinary women and children? There was no way.
And what good are hearts
if you bury them all alone?
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

While that might be true, Sunjata hadn't dared to set foot in the Halenani since the last time he was here when he was with Phoebe. Maeve looks up at him, pressing her lips together into a thin line, "Yes, but he didn't know about the state of this place. Up until recently he was forbidden to enter the premises because of everything with Phoebe. By the time he even came it was too late." She argues on the governor's behalf because at the end of the day the Halenani not being prepared was her fault. She's the one who didn't board up the windows well enough or make sure the roof was properly sealed. This was on her.

She sighs, running a hand through her hair and down to her neck, rubbing a the building tension there. "Most of my workers are. It's kind of a mood killer when the person you're building a fantasy with can't really feel anything." Sure, they could bite and that helped, but it wasn't the same. Maeve didn't turn them away, but there weren't many on her staff. "Thank you, though... If it gets worse I'll write you and I'll have them prepare for that possibility." She confirms with a nod, deciding that it was one of the best courses of action she had at this point.
I admit that I'm a little messed up
but I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
"But you had said you hadn't seen her for months?" Remi shakes his head immediately, not wanting to start an argument. "Dramatic as their past was together...Torchline will not care." The same way they wouldn't care that the strange arrival of his father is likely what halted progress on the monsoon preparations.

"Okay." Remi says with a nod. "I cannot build anything that lasts anymore, or else I would try and help." The rug he'd made the afternoon they'd spent together, even clothing he occasionally wore. It was all memory magic, and, just like memories did, they all faded. "But if you write, you will find me next to you just as soon as you go to sleep, alright?" Something told him that she wouldn't though, that Maeve and the Halenani would try and weather the storm on their own.
And what good are hearts
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

"I hadn't. He didn't know she was gone." It doesn't really matter and she has no care to argue either. Not with Remi over something that couldn't be changed now. "I know they won't..." And they wouldn't care. They expected Sunjata to follow through on this and they wouldn't be satisfied with the results. That much was certain.

Maeve lifts her head to look at him, a resigned smile on her lips, "It's okay, Remi. You're offering something else and that'll just have to do." It was a big offer and Maeve was grateful for his willingness to even provide those services. She nods once more, knowing that it would be a matter of pride. She wasn't going to abandon those under her care just so she could find safety somewhere else. Maeve would stay until the last moment. "Alright. I'll keep it in mind. Hopefully it won't have to come to that."
I admit that I'm a little messed up
but I can hide it when I'm all dressed up
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the alchemist
What good are hands
Nodding, Remi tightens the belt of the robe around his waist. It's a less than ideal thing to be wearing, but given where he is, if anything he's overdressed compared to those he'll bump into downstairs in all likelihood. 'Okay.' He agrees softly, giving the madame a smile before padding into the bathroom to retrieve his wet bundle of clothes.

"I will just wait for Ronin downstairs if that is alright. Hopefully, I do not scare away any of your customers." He adds with a boyish chuckle. Really, what Remi hopes is that Ronin will come in one piece and that all tonight will ask of him is a bit of patience until his husband comes back.

With a lingering and appreciative nod, Remi lets himself out of Maeve's room. Downstairs is a riot of sound, and though the alchemist doesn't know it yet, his twin is somewhere in this building, wearing a very different face.

~FIN
And what good are hearts