(O) that's me in the corner
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
He snorts as he looks at her, shaking his head, "I might be wrong but I doubt it.. I been around a lot of pregnant ladies. Oldest of like.. eleven or something." As if that actually qualifies him. It doesn't really. He's just got a gut feeling and maybe it's almost wishful thinking on his part. He loves kids, wants to be a parent himself some day. She seems like she'd be a good mom. If she wanted. she's taking care of him after all.

"Don't want your wine. Don't even like wine. Jus' think about.. not drinkin' a lot, okay? Jus' in case. Unless you're a virgin. Then I can fix that.." He's not actually a fan of sleeping with inexperienced people. Not against it but it's not his cup of tea. He likes when they know what they want. He's starting to think he needs more people who know what they want in his life.

"Really don't want to sleep.." Sleeps mean dreams, means feelings. He's not down for it right now.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
"Mmmhmm." Tobi hums, and wordless as it is, she still sounds condescending somehow. She is a doctor after all, so whatever sense Locke is using to detect her pregnancy isn't one endorsed by science, and so not one she cares to place too much stock into.

"Dude." Rather than be upset, Tobi just rolls her eyes and tries to get Locke moving again. "Not a virgin, and that has to be one of the rudest and laziest pickup lines I've ever heard." She adds with a laugh that speaks more to how tired she is, than to any annoyance she feels. It comes with the territory of walking big drunk men home to occasionally be hit on. Neither flattered nor offended, she just wants to see Locke home safe and sound.

'Well, you do need to sleep or else you'll be useless for training. I can prescribe something for you though. I have another patient who needs dreamless sleep, too."
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i don't mind compassion
"Trus' me, if I was tryin', we'd be in an alley already." He snorts, shaking his head. He reaches up, lightly patting her shoulder as he pushes away from the wall. "You can have your wine back but.. Jus'.. Wait a few days? Please?" It's almost too sincere, too open for him. But he's drunk enough to not notice. He's always had a soft spot for kids and animals.

"I don't wanna train anyway. Don't wanna go to war.. Who.. Who are we even gonna go to war against?" A god? Does he look fit to go to war against a fucking god? He laughs again, brushing his hair out of his face as he looks down at her. "Could take the drugs though. Don't like dreamin'." They're mostly nightmares after all. He holds his arm out to her again. Locke's steady enough to walk on his own for the most part, this is just him being nice.

"So where am I sleepin'? Your place? Don't even know your name.."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
October's stomach turns as she rolls her eyes. "Very presumptuous of you. But no, we really wouldn't." She replies firmly. Tobi replies firmly, not entirely pleased that this oaf of a man thought he could get into her pants if he wanted to. But that was neither here nor there, and given his drunkenness, she was happy not to hold most of what he said against him.  

'Why join up with the dragoons then? That's...sort of what they're all about.' The doctor points out. "Against the Ascended, and the Voice. Against anyone who tries to come in to Stormbreak to attack us."

Taking the kind gesture for what it is, Tobi slips back against his side and nods. "Well lucky for you, I happen to have some." Finn wasn't the only one of her patients who needed such sleep-aids, and as a doctor, her pockets were almost always full of things that might prove to be helpful even when she wasn't at the clinic.

"Oh, nice try. I'm taking you back to the barracks." Tobi chuckles, before remembering to introduce herself. "I'm Doctor October Hart. But outside of the clinic, i'm just Tobi."
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He laughs, shaking his head. "M'jus' kiddin'. You ain't my type anyway." She's too cute, too.. sweet for him. He likes girls with a bit of bite to them. That said, she is very cute. At least what he can see of her in the dark and drunken haze.

Locke hums softly, looking at her for a moment. "Honestly? Didn't think anyone had anything to go to war about. Guess I jus' didn't notice all the tension goin' on. Seemed like runnin' away to Stormbreak would be fun. Get a dragon and a cool uniform.. Learn to fight." He scoffs, shaking his head as he walks with her. "Didn't know they wanted to go after the Ascended.." That part had been left out. He doesn't say anything else and there's no real malice to his words. Just confusion. He likes Ronin and Sera and Tobi even. He likes the other dragoons. There's plenty of ascended he likes too though..

"Wasn't tryin' anything. Figured you would take me to the clinic or somethin'. Barracks is fine though.. Just don't wanna wake everyone up." Not that he really cares but he maybe he does a little bit. "Nice t'meet ya Tobi.. Name's Ba-Locke.. Jus' Locke." Did he already tell her that? He can't remember.
I'm motivated by the lack of doubt
I'm consecrated but I'm not devout
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Uh huh." Unworried about what Locke's type is or isn't and how Tobi either does or doesn't meet it, she just gives him a pat on the back that they might keep moving.

' Seriously? You an Outlander?' Tobi wonders with a tilt of her head, before shrugging slightly. "I mean...It's against the Voice moreso than the ascended themselves, but...I mean, that is the big picture of it, yeah." Born and raised in Stormbreak, Tobi is firmly of the opinion that everything about the Voice is wrong and that, regardless of thoughts and feelings about any one ascended in particular, that the Voice couldn't be allowed to remain. If the ascended died, ultimately that was on their creator.

"You don't need the clinic, you just need a bed." The doctor chuckles. "Ba-Locke, huh? Sounds like a dragon's name." She teases.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

"Not an Outlander. Just never really cared before. Just hangin' out in Torchline, gettin' drunk, mugging people, simple shit. The more you knew, the more liable you were.. So I just didn't know anythin' and it worked out for me." He didn't want anyone's secrets, didn't want anyone's time. He just wanted a place to sleep and food and sex and drugs. He didn't need anything else. Not until recently. That fucking itch deep in his bones for something else.

"One day I'll ask you about what the Voice did.. When the world is more vertical.." He's more sober now, trying not to lean on her as they walk down the streets. He is curious what she'd say. He wonders if she's ever met any of the gods, maybe even the Voice. He doubts it though.

"Sorry. Don't always go by my real name.. 'Specially when I'm drunk. Would rather people not know who I am.." That was before. When he was a criminal. Now he's a dragoon, or will be. "Maybe I'll name my dragon that, when I get it.. I like Mouse though.. Don't know why.." Maybe it's because he's been called a rat.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
With a small laugh, the doctor shakes her head but smiles up at Locke nonetheless. "I'm probably not the best person to give you a history lesson, but I'll give it a shot if you ever do want to know." Then, with a grin she adds, "Maybe when I inevitably have to reset your shoulder or cast your leg."

Looking softly amused and a little intrigued by that, Tobi nudges Locke with her hip as they walk. "Well, you can't just say that isn't your real name and then expect me not to ask what it is." She says with a golden laugh. "Is it...Barney? Baxter? No, no. Basil."

The suggestion of calling a dragon mouse has the doctor smirking up at the dragoon recruit, but then, with a name like October, she really wasn't one to talk. "Mouse is cute. "
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He can set his own shoulder, he's done it plenty of times. But he might let her do it, just to humor her. "Jus' a story would be nice. I like stories." Is he like a kid like that? Maybe. His grasp of reading is questionable so books haven't really been his thing. Plus, he likes the little twist people put on stories when they retell them.

"Fuck, wish it was Basil. Tha's a cute name." Locke kind of trails off, shaking his head. He looks down at Tobi, like really looks at her, at least as much as he can. There's only a minor hitch in his step as he does so. He can tell her, right? She'd be okay with it? "Technically, on paper, is Loxley. Locke for short or whatever. But my mom always jus' called me Baby. Even when she had other kids.. I was always jus' Baby. The other girls called me that too. So I kinda got.. like three real names. Cause they all feel like me.." Maybe just different sides of him. Baby has long since been buried, left on a beach to drown in the sand. He fidgets with the little daisy necklace he always wears. He whispers something to himself and hopes she doesn't hear.

"Mouse is cute.. Is it demeaning to give a dragon a cute name? Ronin's is named Sugar.." He laughs, shaking his head.
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'I can do that. My parents studied Outlanders for most of their lives, so I even know a few from other worlds." With the influx of Outlanders into Caido in the past few years what Tobi knew about them had stopped being quite so mysterious given that they were just..wandering about now, and could be asked. Still, she was sure she could tell Locke a few tales from other lands that he might like.

'I think so too.' She says of the name Basil. However as Locke glances down at her, Tobi looks right back, smiling faintly with nothing but kindness in her dark honeyed stare. 'Oh, I like Loxley.' Tobi hums under her breath, and just as she's about to ask why he'd said his name had started with a B, he explains. The doctor's smile turns sweet and vaguely nostalgic as Locke describes the three names he's acquired over his life.

She doesn't hear the words he says, but notices that they aren't directed toward her. So as he whispers and fidgets, Tobi just lets him, perhaps drawing slightly closer against him and giving his arm a reassuring squeeze. "So what should I call you?" She wonders, before chuckling at his question. "Well, if you don't find it demeaning to have a cute name, why should a dragon?"
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Another one with smart parents. Or at least present parents. Maybe Stormbreak would be a good place to raise a kid. He shakes his head of the thought. Kids aren't a thing he's worried about right now. He can't even get a proper relationship, let alone a child. "Sounds interesting.. Always wondered what life was like for the Outlanders.." He's not really in a different place but fuck does it feel like it. Plus, they must have some interesting stories to tell.

The look she gives him is entirely too soft and he almost reacts negatively but he's tired and she's small. "I like it too. Jus'.." He shakes his head again before reaching up to brush his hair out of his face. Loxley never felt quite right. Or too intimate. Same with Baby. "Can jus' call me Locke. Tha's fine, Tobi." Look, he hasn't forgotten her name in all of this mess. Even if he kind of wants to call her Basil. For no real reason besides they've both agreed it's cute.

The little squeeze she gives him brings him back out of his head and he smiles at her. They've got to be close to the barracks but he doesn't want to leave her yet. He's not really sure why. Maybe he just misses the company of someone who doesn't want anything from him. "Cause dragons are powerful. I think. Sugar is so small.. Still probably kick my ass though."
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Sounds like some places were pretty similar to this...some though?" Tobi's eyes shine with enthusiasm at the thought of it. "It's like...I don't even have the words to describe some of the things I"ve learned about them. The things they do, and have, and believe..." But that was a tale for another day.

"Alright. Locke it is." She agrees with a hum and a soft shrug. Indeed they are nearing the barracks now, and as they stroll through the main gates it'll be up to Locke to direct them toward which building holds his bunk. "She'd freeze your ass off, if I remember correctly." The doctor says with a scrunch of her nose, fairly sure that she's correct in remembering the dragonling's ability. "Who knows, maybe a cute name might be to their advantage. If people think they aren't as powerful as they are because of what they're called, it could be to their benefit." Tobi, for one, was often overlooked because of how sweet and kind she was. It didn't bother her at all—she knew her worth and what she was capable of—but were she the sort for those sorts of manipulations, she could have half of Stormbreak fooled if she wanted to.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

"Pencil me in for an appointment then, Doc.. Tell me stories while you fix my arms that I'm gonna break so much." It's all slurred together because he's tired and drunk now. How long has he been awake? Since sunrise at least. And he's going to have to get up at sunrise tomorrow and likely be hungover. He's really not looking forward to it. But that's a problem for Tomorrow Locke.

He looks down at her again as he leads her back to his room. "Yeah she would.. I think she likes me though. Probably 'cause I give her sweets." Turns out most of Stormbreak is wooed with sweets. Maybe he should stay, be a baker. He's not fit for being a dragoon but he could do that. He adds it to a very long list of things he wants but never plans on actually doing.

They're to his room and he pauses near the door, dropping his arm from her side. "Is that true? Hmm. You must be really powerful then.. Tobi's a super cute name." He nods like he knows what he's talking about. He doesn't but he's never been against lying. "Well, this is my place. You gonna tuck me in too or can I just see ya when my leg is snapped in half?"
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"Well, how about you just come in for a check-up, mmm? That way you don't have to plan to break any bones." Tobi chuckles with a shake of her head.

"Makes sense. Both she and Ronin seem to be easily won over by food...too bad you seem nearly ready for bed, or you could bake yourself a get-out-of-training cake." They wander through the barracks until they eventually reach a room and a door that she can only assume is Locke's given the way he untangles himself from her.

"Oh it's very true." Tobi says with a grin, wondering if this is Locke's version of flirting or if he's just being an adorable idiot. "I am a doctor after all. Could be any number of things in the needles I give people." Trying to look wicked, October utterly fails as she narrows her eyes and tries on a snarl. She really is the epitome of cute, and no amount of face-scrunching can make her look anything other than that. "Besides, I'm an attuned. Maybe I actually have a murderous shift that no one knows about." She adds with a bright smile. She did have a shift no one knew about it, it was just the opposite of murderous.

'Oh, I fully believe in your ability to make it into bed. Drunk or not, I think you can probably manage that much." Patting Locke on the back as if to send him on his way, she whispers into the dark, not wanting to wake anyone else up: "Make sure you come with cookies for your checkup. That's the only thing that'll defend you against what I might put in a needle." Laughing sweetly, Tobi clicks the door behind her and wanders back to her apartment, sans the wine she'd purchased.

~FIN
October