(O) that's me in the corner
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
He came here to forget. To get away. To leave it behind. And yet, all he’s done is remember. The first drink does nothing beyond burning as he chugs it down. The second, well at least he feels a tingle. It’s something but does little to quell the pain stuck in his chest. All he ever wanted was everything besides what he got. He’s torn between wanting to burn it all down and start over or trying to make things work. He’s got Maeve, right? And in the long run, they want the same thing. Except he doesn’t. He doesn’t have her and she doesn’t have him. Hell. He doesn’t have anyone.

Not since Alex got on that boat anyway. He’s constantly reminded of her. He thinks they wanted to come here, when they were little. Hiding in his little cove, trading whispers as they looked for shells. The third drink burns almost as badly as the hate that bubbles up in his gut. He’s been good. Training, playing nice. He grins and makes cookies and cakes for the other soldiers. It doesn’t make him feel better. This kind of shit used to make him feel better but now it’s like he’s putting on a show. Locke likes to think he’s good at playing pretend but he’s far from perfect. He knows they see the little falters, the breaks in his character. He feels it. That doesn’t stop him from trying though.

The fourth drink chases the third in quick succession and he finds himself biting down the way the room is starting to spin. He’ll be the barkeep’s bitch in the morning. Or maybe later. Whatever, he wants a fifth. He thinks it burns, maybe? He’s pretty sure he’s forgotten what his body feels like. He slumps down in the corner of the little booth he is in, waiting for the memories to stop.

He contemplates a sixth drink but his limbs already feel heavy. He pushes himself up out of the booth, waiting for the room to stop spinning. Once the floor is roughly horizontal again, he makes his way to the door, mutter something to the barkeep as he passes. It's dark out and the streets are wet but the rain has stopped. The mix of wet stone and petrichor fills his senses. He can't tell if he likes it or it makes him sick. That's kind of how everything lately feels. He keeps one hand against the cold stone, making his way down the street.

He thinks he can find the barracks..
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
it does not bother me to say this isn't love
What is the doctor doing out on a night like this? Why isn't she in her office as she usually is, up to her ears in paperwork, fretting over some new case or other, and hiding from Nurse Milligan? Well, because she's run out of wine, of course.

With two bottles in a bag at her side and an oversized and ill-fitting sweater to keep her warm if not dry, it's only Tobi's innate need to help that shakes her from her Finn-induced stupor at the sight of Locke. Gods knew most people wouldn't be so kind, given the wide berth the midnight stragglers were giving him. "Hey—" She calls, her voice soft as if Locke is some animal that might spook at her approach. Nearing, she can smell the alcohol as it wafts off of him, which is both a relief as much as it's a concern. "I don't think that building needs your help holding it up." Tobi adds with a warm chuckle as she nods her head toward where Locke's hand is pressed against the wall.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
i don't mind compassion
If it had been any other night, if he had been any other kind of drunk, he probably would've hit on her. Instead he just kind of stares at her for a moment until there's only one woman in front of him. Then he sneers, lip curling back like a wild animal as he straightens himself up. "Fuck off." It's very heavily slurred and more of a growl than anything else.

His hand drops to his side for a moment but then he loses his balance again. He doesn't normally get this drunk this quickly. Either the bartender was loose with their alcohol or he forgot to factor altitude into it. Probably a little of both. "What'dya want? I ain't got nothing.. Well.. Gotta dick.." It's all he's good for really and he's not even that good either.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Tobi is used to patients saying all manner of nasty things to her, and though Locke isn't her patient, he clearly is in need in a way that Tobi's compassionate nature simply can't ignore. So as Locke loses his balance the doctor instinctively reaches out for him. Nevermind that he's nearly half a foot taller than she is, and that Tobi has no muscle to speak of, she'll still try and fit herself against him to hold him up, if possible.

"Oh I was hoping for some company on the walk home, and you don't seem like you're doing anything else." The doctor says with an easy laugh. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm good for now, thanks." Heartbruised, if not broken as she was, sex with a stranger in an alley was not ranking high on Tobi's list of priorities just now. Especially with one who couldn't remain vertical.

"Are you a dragoon? I don't think I've seen you around before." Having lived her whole life in Stormbreak, it was really only new recruits or demigods that showed up. And demigods could hold their liquor a lot better, from what she'd seen of Ronin.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He makes a little noise akin to a growl when she moves to catch him but he doesn’t push her away. ”Didn’t I tell you to fuck off?” That’s what he tries to say anyway, it probably comes out more jumbled than that. That doesn’t stop him from leaning against her a bit though. He keeps one hand on the wall, partially because he doesn’t want to crush her. He’s an asshole but crushing cute girls is only fun when there’s a bed under you.

There’s a long pause where he just looks at her, trying to decipher what she’s saying. Something about walking home? Locke turns his head, looking around the street before raising an eyebrow at her. She chose a fine walking companion didn’t she? ”Guess I can.” He might feel bad in the morning if he lets her walk alone and something happens. He might not. He hasn’t made up his mind yet. Going home isn’t super high on his list of things to do anyway.

”Dragoon in training. He practically hisses it, rolling his eyes before losing his balance again. ”Fuck.. What’re you? A..” He loses his train of thought, shaking his head. ”You’re not a dragoon?” Astute observation.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"You did, yes." Tobi confirms from beneath one of Locke's arms. Her own twine around him, trying to hold him steady as best she can, all the while noticing that he's either sober enough to realize he still needs to hold his own weight, or just intrinsically thoughtful. Given their conversation thus far, she thinks it's probably the former.

'Great! Come on then.' The hand that's pressed against his chest gives him a light pat as she tries to nudge him in the direction of the Tower. As Locke snarls and stumbles, he nearly tugs Tobi with him. {asy}"Oop, come on. Eyes up." Her tone borders on professional now—Locke by no means being the first unsteady patient she's had to deal with—which perhaps explains why she's able to so easily take his abrasive demeanour in stride.

"Nope. A doctor. Which means as a dragoon, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me." She replies with a cheerful laugh.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
If he wasn't so drunk, he might note how small she felt under his arm. Instead it registers as an annoyance rather than something cute. She doesn't seem to be leaving though and he'll be thankful for the help in the morning. Maybe he'll make her something, cookies? Yeah. He'll make her cookies. If he remembers. "Yer not doin' a very good job of it.." Even if he keeps his arm around her shoulder.

He let's her lead him down the street, simultaneously trying not to crush her or fall over. She's doing a good job of keeping him upright though. The cool night air does help him sober up and eventually he's not stumbling quite so much. "Doctor huh? Makes sense." Does it? "I don't.. I don't go to the doctor. I can fix myself up." His words slur thickly but she can probably understand him. "Don't need no one..." As if he's not leaning on her.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
"I think you'll find I'm doing a great job of it." Tobi counters with a cheerful laugh. In the days to come morning sickness and pregnancy hormones will make the doctor's normally sunny disposition harder and harder to find, but Locke is in luck, because tonight she's as bubbly and chipper as ever.

Beneath his arm Tobi chuckles, shaking her head. "Uh huh, sure you do. But it's going to be pretty hard to patch yourself up if you walk away from a training session with two broken wrists." She shrugs; its happened before. "Besides, you'd be doing me a favour, really. If you all could patch yourselves up, I'd be out of a job." Softly Tobi nudges Locke in the side, flashing a crooked smile up at him.

'Then again, you must be tough, getting this drunk and having to wake up and doing training exercises before the sun is even up?" Tsking under her breath, the doctor shakes her head again with another small laugh.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
He just grumbles, free hand skimming along the buildings as they pass them. "Guess so.. Would still try probably." He's stubborn and not used to having anyone else to rely on. His eyes dart down to her and he gives her a good, long look. Or tries to at least. "Dragoons break their wrists often?" He likes his wrists.. His hands are how he does things.

"Doin' you a favor by breaking my wrists.. Sounds.. Like a plan." That's not what she meant but that's how he heard it. It's fine. When she nudges him, she almost gets a smile. Her personality is starting to rub off on him a little bit. Just a little. "M'not tough.. Jus' stupid." And sad, and a little lost. "I'll make.. Ronin cookies. He won't be mad at cookies.." He might be mad for a bit but Locke's got this awesome snickerdoodle recipe, it'll be fine.

"Why you out so late? It's wet."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Tobi meets his gaze with a warm honeyed stare and grins. "Dragoons break a lot of things. Or get impaled. Or stabbed. Concussed too, often." This is all said with a doctor's nonchalance, though perhaps she is trying to intimidate Locke just a little. With a bright laugh at that, Tobi shrugs lightly beneath the bear of a man she finds herself with. "Well it can't be intentional. Just if it happens, you have to let me be the one to patch you up. Deal?"

Her fingers relax around his side now that his gait is somewhat steadier. She might even be able to let go of him entirely, but she doesn't. "Stupid? Oh good. You'll make a fine dragoon, then." Raising her brows slightly, Tobi tries not to let herself look too incredulous. "You bake? Well, I can absolutely tell you that bringing Ronin any sort of food is likely to get you anywhere you want to go." Cursed or not, the doctor can still remember the Star eating cinnamon buns off of the floor and nearly choking himself on them.

"Mm, liquor run." Tobi replies, raising the air previously slung around Locke's mid-section to indicate the bottles dangling there in a bag.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
"Done all that. Not so bad.." He tries (and fails) to point at the scars on his face, "Got the one on my nose from breakin' it. I think. Got the one on my eyebrow from some fuck who thought he could mug me. The one on my cheek was jus'.." There's a pause as he thinks, head tilting a little and making him stumble. He manages to catch himself without entirely crushing her. His train of thought is lost as quickly as it came but he gives her an almost grin. "Deal. I'll break my wrist and you can fix it and I'll give you cookies." It's very matter of fact.

"Can't tell if you're complimentin' me or if you're insultin' me." There's no more anger to his voice, having since faded. It's just a dull ache in his chest that he can't quite place. Maybe he just doesn't want to. The look she gives him makes him tilt his head a little. Why is everyone so confused he can cook? Does everyone here just always eat out or something? "Everyone keeps tellin' me to feed Ronin.." And has he done it? Probably not! But he should. He likes Ronin. He likes everyone he's met so far. Maybe getting out of Torchline was a good idea.

"Why're ya gettin' liquor? Yer not drinkin' right?" He actually stops, looking down at her with a hard frown on his face. "S'not good for you. Aren't you a doctor?" Doesn't she know better? Then again, who is he to judge?
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Glancing up at Locke and squinting to see what he's pointing at in the moonlight, Tobi is in absolutely no shape to steady him as he trips over his own feet. So much for being sober enough to walk on his own. With a curse laughed under her breath and her arms wrapping around him all the tighter, she shakes her head as they both right themselves. "You know what? If it keeps me employed and lets me check on you, I'll take it. And I never say no to cookies." She adds with a bright smile.

'Feeding Ronin is a good idea if you want to stay on his good side. And as a dragoon-in-training, that's where you want to be.' The doctor agrees with another laugh.

Surprised by Locke's sudden interest in her drinking, Tobi raises a brow as he comes to a stop. "I mean..I'm not drinking right now, and not with patients, if that's what you mean?" Confused, she frowns up at him with her head cocked adorably to the side, like the puppy she metaphorically and literally is, at heart.
October
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
i don't mind compassion
His confusion seems to mirror her's as he looks her over, like really looks her over. It's not lecherous for once in his life, he's just examining her the way she might examine him during a check up. "Ain't you pregnant? Can see it in your face.." She's got some very faint swelling going on. His eyes dip down to her chest for a moment before finding her face again. Nah, he's pretty sure. He knows it when he sees it.

"Shouldn't be drinkin'. Might make the baby sick.. 'Least that's what they used to tell me." Maybe that's why he's so sick in the head. Probably more than just that. He reaches down, trying to grab her bag. "Should.. Should put this.. away. Can have it after.. If you keep it. M'sure you know ways." And if she doesn't, well he does.

"Still make you cookies though.. Cookies are okay."
just not on my dime
LOCKE
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
Now, Tobi knows she is conventionally pretty. She doesn't pay it much attention though, given how little effort she puts into her appearance and the fact that the vibrator she keeps in her desk does a better job of keeping her happy than any partner she's met so far (Finn both included and excluded). So as Locke looks at her, the doctor straightens, furrowing her brows at him. What he says next has her lips parting in an O of surprise, before she laughs. "You really are drunk." She says with a shake of her head, utterly dismissing what he has to say.

She can't be pregnant. That would be...that would be absurd..right?

"Hey." Turning her shoulder against him, the doctor's frown turns properly annoyed now. "If this is your way of trying to get free booze, it won't work." As for keeping it? Tobi raises a brow. 'I'm not pregnant.' She argues with an unhappy huff.

"Come on. You obviously need to sleep off whatever you were drinking."
October