ave atque vale
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2712
so you drink your day away till the liquor in your mouth laughs
Of course I know it.” Sunjata snaps weakly. “I knew it when I did it.” Muscles feather in his jaw, against sore teeth and a pained jaw. But at least Ronin helps keep him up and he leans heavily on the Star, as much as he partially doesn’t want to. His skin shifts to the scales of his cobra shift if only to give the rain something to roll off of instead of soaking him entirely through when he heaves a sigh. “The clinic. Let’s go there.” He mutters, sure that it’s got plenty to try and clean up his face and give him a moment to figure out the damage.

As for sobering up, it would be a good idea, and he helps to try and guide Ronin toward the clinic in his inebriated state. “Aleah.” He rumbles with a wave of his hand. “She’s one of the best sitters here, I’ve heard. A teacher too.” A good choice, among the rest of the options when he didn’t particularly want to take her to meet Vai when he wasn’t planning on being gone for longer than the night. And he'd done his research, the woman was surprisingly kind and gentle, wonderful with kids, high praise from the rest of Torchline when it came to someone to help handle the rowdy youth.
and the mirrors paint you beautiful like older photographs
but we grow, we grow old, even this won't last
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I swear I never dream that we're alone
"The clinic, then," Ronin murmurs, his arm slipping around Sunjata properly so he can help to keep him on his feet. He doesn't particualrly want to be close to the Flood either, but fuck it if they aren't here now, and he supposes it's better than the threats and horrors of before. "Aleah," he repeats, not having heard of the woman but finding his feathers somewhat smoothed out to hear that Sunjata has at least put some effort into choosing a sitter for his daughter.

They are forced to brace against the wind and rain, the monsoon howling around them as they head for the clinic, and it feels as though it takes forever to get there. When they do, however, Ronin pauses and gestures to the door, like Jata might have a key or something. "I'm sorry, by the way," he says softly. "About Hotaru, and about Nate. For everything that's happened, even just now... I know how you must be feeling. And it fucking sucks."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
They begin to walk toward the clinic, though walk is an understatement, given the way Sunjata clings to Ronin through the wind and the battering rain. They manage it, though, and Sunjata settles enough to dig into his pocket for the key ring, pulling it out after a moment as he swallows hard and fumbles to stick the key into the keyhole.

The apology is shaken off with a shake of Sunjata’s head, stilling immediately when it throws him a bit, when the world spins. “Don‘t. Hotaru left for Halo. And… And Nate became a demigod for the Voice after Safrin cursed him. It was to fix him, and you know the worst fucking part?” He asks, throwing open the door and stumbling within, bracing a hand against the door frame. “The worst part is that I can’t touch him without hurting him.” A humorless laugh leaves him, arms swinging open as if to say ‘so there’. “He told me he loves me but he doesn’t feel safe, Ronin. And I brought Kamaria home and she’s five I think and curious about everything and all she’d... She’d be dangerous for him too.” He knows his words bounce around, his train of thought bounding between both polar ends. But he has to say them before they’re lost back in the storm too. “I didn’t even get to kiss him goodbye.” Couldn’t hug him, couldn’t do anything but watch.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Ronin is mostly concentrating on trying to keep Sunjata upright as he bundles him in through the doors of the clinic, but he finds himself at a loss when the other man says it. Says that Nate is a demigod for the Voice. Ronin's jaw has dropped, and it's a good thing that the Flood can hold his own weight because the Star has completely let him go. "What?" he says softly, having to swallow down the lump in his throat and listen to what Sunjata is saying.

Forcing himself to focus on his friend instead of the drunken bombshell he's just dropped, Ronin straightens up and takes a step forward, his expression softening. "That sounds..." It sounds terrible, honestly. Ronin has had to suffer many things, but he's always been able to hold Remi's hand, even at the height of the Climb fever. "Come on, let's go and sit," he mumbles, reaching out to slip an arm round him, to lead him towards one of the examination rooms.

"So where has Nate gone now?"
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Sunjata pours his weight into the wall that he grips when he hears Ronin’s surprise and sorrow continues to swell in his throat. But he doesn’t stop walking. The Flood manages to stagger in a bit further, toward the front desk. “Yeah.” Sunjata says, slurs, before he’s wincing against it. “The Voice said it was… The only way to get rid of what Safrin did to him.” He frowns, tearing open the barely clotted cut to his lip.

He sighs, though, into Ronin’s arm as it slips around him, pulled along to the examination room. His hand moves toward a drawer beside one of the beds, pulling out a mirror and a first aid kit, drawing his legs up underneath him to stare at his reflection in the mirror, to poke and prod gingerly to the cut to his eyebrow (right through that beautiful sculpted brow), to the cut at his lip. “I don’t know. Just… Away. To figure us out. He… Said he’d come back. To tell me in person if he wants to stay with me or not he just needed space.” And perhaps that was the crux of the problem for Sunjata, the uncertainty, the lingering hope that feels smaller and smaller the longer it goes on, the more the fractures grow and splinter.

And Safrin? Safrin gave me a new tattoo.” He pauses to drop the mirror into his lap as his gaze lifts to Ronin’s face, pupils still blown quite a bit. “And she marked me. Inside. In here.” He reaches up to press against his chest. “I don’t know what it does. And I stupidly asked for it.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin's jaw feathers, and he remains silent to let the other man ramble as he helps him along the corridor and into the examination room. Sunjata is unusually talkative this evening, especially given that he's had seven bells punched out of him by the Star shortly before now, but Ronin doesn't question it. Not when he sees the blown pupils, the unsteadiness of his gait. So Sunjata sinks down to sit on the bed, and Ronin reaches for the mirror, for the first aid kit. "Let me," he offers. "Least I can do, when I did it to you."

A brief smile, and the Star moves to sit before the Flood, but not before he goes to fill a glass of water from the sink. "Slowly," he advises, pressing the cup into Sunjata's hands. "That is the worst part." Unintentionally, he voices what the other man is thinking. "The not knowing. The having to just... cope." Reaching out, he starts to clean up the cuts on his face. "But if he said he'll come back, he will."

As for Safrin? The mention of his their goddess's name gives him pause, Ronin raising an eyebrow across at Jata. "Show me?"
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Inebriated as he is, Sunjata would say every thought on his mind, even if it pulled and tugged at the wounds to his face. It’s what had gotten him into so much shit, to be honest, and yet here he is. He’s lucky that it’s Ronin right now he faces – in a way, despite the wounds to his face coming from the Star. He lets Ronin grab the items and he idly peers at himself in the mirror until he’s speaking again, the mirror dropping into his lap.

A visual grimace crosses his face when Ronin begins to clean up the wounds, is both in part of pain and the agreeance of the words Ronin says. “Yeah.” Sunjata repeats gingerly, quietly, a pinch of his brows that seems to suggest he doesn’t want to wait but that he has to.

A huff of a sigh leaves him when Ronin asks to see the tattoo, before he nods and moves to pull up his shirt. There, in the center of his chest, sits the constellation tattoo. “When I told Nate and Ru, Ru stabbed me in the leg. And… The tattoo moved, it healed it.” But it wasn’t healing the wounds Ronin had given him. He doesn’t know what it means, truth be told.

He doesn’t know how any of it works.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"I know it's not easy, and I wish I could tell you when he'd be back. But it's better than thinking he'll never show up again. And you've got plenty to occupy yourself in the meantime," he reminds the other man, continuing to clean the cuts on his face despite the way Sunjata tries to cringe back. It's true that Ronin has plenty at his disposal that could heal up the Flood, but... in truth, he doesn't want to. He might not want to kill him (any more) but that doesn't mean he's feeling that warm and fuzzy, either.

Sitting back in time for Sunjata to lift up his shirt, Ronin gazes over the constellation with a feathered jaw. The golden constellations that span his forearms almost itch at the sight of it, and he lets out a slow, careful sigh. "She's in your blood now, Jata," he muttered. "You're Safrin's man. One of them, anyway. Make sure you live up to it, because she doesn't abide half measures." It's a warning made both as a friend, and as a rival. A warning Ronin will only give once.
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He does have plenty to occupy himself with. The fact that he’s trying to get better, striving for it in fact, as he focuses his attentions into learning to cook and how to raise a child that depended on him. So he nods with a small sigh as Ronin sits back and he lifts his shirt to show off the tattoo.

The slow careful sigh from Ronin is met with a long stare. “I know.” He says with a slight frown. The frown makes way for a humorless laugh to leave him as he shakes his head. “I’m pretty sure I’m still fucked.” He offers Ronin, mostly from speaking aloud his thoughts, unable to keep them inside. “I’m stupid and impulsive and I think I’m trying my best but apparently it’s not trying very hard and I don’t know what to do any differently, Ronin.” A long sigh leaves his nose, head tilting back to look at the ceiling. “I’m still in survival mode I think and I don’t know how to stop it. And nobody knows how to help.” So he’ll continue to spiral out of control like a hurricane, losing everything slowly one by one.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Jata, shut up and drink your water." It's easy for Ronin to bat away Sunjata's heartfelt but rambling monologues, especially in the sort of mood he's in, and he reaches out to tilt the other man's chin back down so he can finish cleaning him up. "You say that, but there's one person who knows exactly how to help, even if she doesn't realise it. Kamaria, you said her name was?" He sits back, running his fingers through his wet hair.

"It's early days yet, Jata, but that girl is going to change you. You're going to grow up quicker than you ever did without her. You're going to start thinking before you make stupid decisions. And you're going to start living, because she needs you. And you know it, don't you?" The smile on his face surprises him, Ronin chewing thoughtfully at the inside of his cheek. "That's part of the reason you're so scared."

Huffing out a sigh that's almost annoyed at himself, Ronin finishes up and starts to clear away the first aid kit. "And for what it's worth, she's got more than just you looking out for her."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He shuts up immediately when Ronin tells him to, lifting the glass he just realized is pressed into his hands and cups it with both to lift to his lips and take a long sip – relishing in the way it soothes his hoarse throat. He pauses, to tilt his chin back so Ronin can finish cleaning him up before he’s nodding in response. “Kamaria, yeah.” He offers quietly, gently, as if speaking of his daughters name would bring her to destruction for how close she is to him.

Ronin had already tried to use her as a weapon of sorts prior, but luckily for the Star, the Flood has already nearly forgotten about it.

Yes.” He says after a long moment, his gaze dropping from Ronin to peer at his hands, his fingertips stained in blood as he lowers his shirt back down, as he tries to lift the glass of water to his lips as if it might block out everything else. “I was so scared, Ronin. And when I saw her it was… everything.” He whispers, staring hard at his hand now. It was hope and terror, dread and pride.

His gaze lifts abruptly to the star, squinting slightly as he raises a brow. “Of course she does, Ronin. Her mom’s Safrin.” It’s said in such a way that he isn’t thinking Ronin means himself. Sunjata’s mind drawn to those directly involved.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"Pretty name. Bet she's prettier than you, too." Especially now, given that Ronin has smacked Sunjata around a bit. He watches to make sure that the other man actually drinks his water instead of throwing it all over himself or something equally as stupid; only once he's satisfied does he sit back properly, putting everything away. And despite himself, when Jata speaks about her, Ronin can't help but smile. "It's like magic, isn't it?" he mumbles. "When you realise all of a sudden, that there's a little part of you walking and talking and thinking for itself. And you'd die for it. And kill for it."

The beautiful moment is ruined, of course, by the way Sunjata utterly fails to grab the olive branch that he's holding out, and RoNiN turns to give the Flood an utterly bemused look. "I was talking about myself, you dickhead," he snips, reaching out to punch him in the arm for good measure. He's smiling though, at least. "She's got Safrin though too, you're right. I hope she stays here for a long time." A pause, and then he realises he has forgotten to clarify. "Instead of going up to the stars, I mean. Like Seren."
the dark star
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
She is.” Sunjata practically chimes before nearly drowning himself for the third time before he manages to drink the water. Kamaria was beautiful, bright, blonde through some reason Sunjata didn’t understand, and vibrant green eyes that absorbed and learned about everything she could. But he settles, the cup lowering to his lap, now missing the mirror. “I would.” Sunjata says with no hesitation, before he’s diving into his sass.

An expectant gaze meets Ronin’s, his head tilting to the side as Ronin quips back to him and a dawning realization hits him just at the same time Ronin’s arm does and Sunjata spills the glass. “Well. How was I supposed to know you meant you.” He challenges back, grumpily lifting the empty glass now and trying to pat out the water that’s spilled along his leg. "I mEanT mE." He mutters under his breath. The mention of Seren though does draw his gaze up, a certain softness overcoming it as he regards his friend. “Yeah… I hope so too.” It’s a quiet sigh, before he’s nibbling at his ruined cheek.

She’s not like you or Seren, though… She’s not a demigod I don’t think. I think she’s Accepted like I was when I came here.” He offers with a pinch of his brow. “How… Did you know?” Was he missing something that would determine whether she was a Demigod or simply just accepted? “You should meet her. I think she’d like you.” He adds a bit quieter, returning to the task of the spilled water.
SUNJATA
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
It's strange, but even only half-sober, the lack of hesitation with which Sunjata says he'd kill and die for his daughter (and the admission that she's prettier than him) does much to soothe the Star's ruffled feathers. If nothing else, Sunjata is serious about his duty as a father. (Though he'll reserve judgement for when he has actually vetoed the sitter he's chosen - because that's definitely within the Star's remit. Of course it is).

"hOw wAs i sUPpoSeD tO kNoW," he sasses back, rolling his eyes at Sunjata with a hint of a smile on his face, especially as he realises he's spilled the water all over himself. It makes no difference, really, with how they have already been soaked by the monsoons. The smile grows to think of Seren, and Ronin flashes his friend a mischievous look. "She floated," he says simply. "Wasn't a magic I'd ever seen before. She could make gravity... strange. That's how I knew," he murmurs.

He surprises himself by wanting to meet the girl, too, Ronin nodding gently. "Perhaps you can bring her along, when you come to Stormbreak and visit. It might be nice for her to be away from Torchline when it gets so hot. She can meet Mateo."
the dark star