a sprinkle of light
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he had eyes like rain & hair like waves
& a soul as vast and deep as the ocean
"Killing does not come easy to me, no matter what I have become these days.": Remi says as he rubs his palm against the back of his neck. "But I do think the ascended have it worse." With a long sigh, Remi again regards the treetops and the dappled light that falls down upon them. "They will die if they lose this war. I am not sure what will become of our side, but the consequences are not so obvious. Not yet, at least."

Watching as Henry takes a seat, Remi folds his arms comfortably across his chest. The other man's question is a surprise, and though it brings a smile to the alchemist's lips, it isn't a happy one. "Oh, I did not choose Ludo." His smile falters by degrees. "It chose me. My first few encounters with it, it tried to kill me every time. It cursed me, too." Shifting to stand closer to Henry that he might lean against one of the nearby trees, the alchemist gives his head a soft shake. "One of my dearest friends died during LongNight. I risked everything to go after her, and when I found her dead...I begged for Ludo to help. It did, though not in the way I'd hoped." Putting Isla into the body of a unicorn and making her his companion was hardly saving the medic's life. "In return it asked of me one favour that I could not turn down. My becoming its demigod was that favour." Once there would have been anger in this retelling. Now, Remi just repeats this part of his history with a dull sort of acceptance. He'd done this to himself. He could have chosen death, instead of Ludo's bargain, but he hadn't.

He only had himself to blame.
THE LULLABY
& i guess i didn't mind  d r o w n i n g  in him.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in
Henry lifts his posture a bit to better look at Remi as the man draws nearer, smiling softly in return - though his not exactly happy, either. Perhaps it's meant to comfort the other; to soften the blow of the cold, dark reality they live.

"'The Gods work in mysterious ways'," Henry pipes up to mock that familiar sentiment. "I've heard that they can twist things if you're not clear, to a point where what's been asked is hardly answered," he shrugs one shoulder, "it's... why I've never really asked them for much. Well, much else. Afraid, I guess, of something unintended happening. I've also heard great things, though, seen them too." He sighs, unwilling to decide.

He nods in consideration, "It wasn't a choice after all, then." To bargain for a friend's life? No, there is hardly a choice in that. Remi did what he had to do, and Henry can at least respect that. "I would have done the same thing," he says quietly, resigned.

Curious now, his brows tilt upward and he asks, "Did you follow any of the other heralds before you became... 'tethered' to Ludo?"
HENRY
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"The Gods do what is best for them, and if you are lucky, they dress it up in such a way that you are meant to think it is good for you as well." Remi remarks, his jaw set and his eyes focused somewhere vaguely near the attuned's feet. Nodding vaguely, tugging his gaze back up, the alchemist can only wearily shrug at the memory. "Ludo put her soul into the body of a unicorn. She was bound to me, and for a time...it felt as though it might be alright. But her mind dissolved in that form. It was a cruel thing for Ludo to do, and a selfish thing for me to have asked. But she is alive and well now, back in her own body thanks to the Voice, so..." Trailing off, Remi swallows, unsure what conclusion he's suggesting.

"Nn? No. When I first arrived I met Frey and it was...awful. Truly awful." The near-rape. The theft of his emotions. "And Safrin...at first I thought very little of her, until I learned more. I was an attuned when the Voice brought us into this world, and so she rarely gave me much consideration, though I did meet her a few times." But no, Remi would have been happy to remain a godless alchemist for the rest of his days.
THE LULLABY
Henry Walker
Advisor

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 11 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
there is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in
Henry would laugh bitterly if the mood were lighter, if these were laughing matters, but with the way Remi's jaw sets and his eyes lower, nothing of the sort happens. Only a small huff of agreement. He hasn't had much to do with any of the Gods, but he can still understand. It isn't really hard to, when it's something that's been reachable, attainable, well-known, and well-told. He just sort of chose not to attain further.

"So it's hard to paint one side as the only villain without seeming dishonest," he concludes for Remi, though he does offer something a little lighter after a moment of silence, "but I'm glad to hear that your friend is herself again, regardless of why. Life is a blessing, but to live a second time? She's lucky to have a friend like you." He offers a grim, half-hearted smile, accompanied by a small nod. If she lived in the Grounds, perhaps Henry should introduce himself. Extend an olive branch of sorts. "What's her name?"

Frey being awful leaves Henry unsurprised. It's more surprising to learn that Remi was an Attuned. But, ah, suppose he had to be something before he ascended. As for Safrin? He knows little about her, other than the common word of her. "My... friend.. told me about Safrin, a bit," he comments, though he doesn't know if Remi knows who Oliver is, and he also isn't entirely sure if Oliver is a friend or something more, "he said she was so amazing and..." he waves his hand dismissively, "yeah, I don't know. I think what you just said is more true of the Gods than anything else I've ever heard. They do what's best for themselves," he lifts his chin to look more directly at Remi, before dropping his gaze and letting it divert to the treeline. "I guess this is like... a game of chess to them, huh? And we're just the pawns or.. or something like that, anyway." He rests his jaw against his palm and shakes his head slowly.
HENRY
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
'In so many words.' Remi says, nodding his agreement. "Dishonest, ignorant, naive, manipulated." They all applied in one situation or another. But Isla...and he had thanked the Voice for that, in a festival that seemed years ago now, but was only a few months in all likelihood. Because no matter what he thought of them all together, no matter this war to come, he loved Isla with every ounce of his heart available after that which was reserved for his husband and his son. 'Isla.' Remi's smile is boyish in its sincerity and adoration. 'Isla Lockwood.'

That the friend described Safrin as SoOoO aMaZinG should have clued Remi in to who it was. Only Oliver spoke with such enthusiasm. But preoccupied as he was, the alchemist only manages a bitter smile. "I find with Safrin there is little in between. You either fall under her stars and adore her, or ... " Again, his jaw tightens. "You don't." Few were allowed to live with ambiguous thoughts on the goddess, in his experience.

"Less than pawns I should think. I'm a pawn, but you?" He doesn't mean it as an insult, and the pain in his expression suggests as much. "If you died, would any of them notice?"
THE LULLABY