you must walk before you can run
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 18 - Int:
OPHELIA - Regular - Brown Weeper Capuchin
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
some nights feel like every night
Falke once again thanks the Gods that the Artificer’s Workshop isn’t higher up. The second floor is easily manageable and indeed, right now the Fixer doesn’t look like he needs a cane at all.

However, now that he’s at the Workshop’s door, he can’t ever recall having been there before and it makes Falke pause as he combs over his years in the Order. Had he really never been here? Twisting to see the Hammer’s smithy - well, that’s an easy answer. The man is of no use to the Hammer and has never really needed anything she might make. But the Artificer?

Unnecessary or not, a brief flash of guilt zips through him (for nothing, really, he just thinks it’s a shame and he ought to do better) before he reaches up and raps on the door. “It’s Falke,” he calls loudly. “I got your message.” Which means his cane is done and that is rather thrilling.

Like all boys-turned-to-men, his likes new toys.
this one feels brand new
got good things on my mind when I'm with you
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you see through my bad, you know i have my moods
She’s finally got the final touches on that cane Falke had asked for, and so when she hears his voice through the door, the rapping of his fingers against the door, she puts aside her current project and practically bounds over toward the door – opening it with a wide bright grin sent his way. “Falke! Welcome.” She chimes, stepping aside to let him into her workshop.

Inside, it’s spacious, the warmth from the Hammer’s workshop next door leaks into her own workshop but it doesn’t seem to bother Sera. She wears a short sleeve blouse, a nice pair of pants, hair tied back as she perused over another project, and directly at her desk in the center sits Falke’s cane. It’s a beautiful hue of darkened metal, the veins of it painted with hues of gold – because Sera prefers her things to be opulent and nobody has told her no just yet.

Come and see. I think I’ve outdone myself.” She chimes a giggle, walking beside him until they’re at the desk where she picks up the cane to hand it out to him. He’d barely be able to see the collapsible pieces, but the faint outline of them are there, and from the top sits a button contraption she’d designed – two buttons, one for the hidden knife and the other for collapsing said cane.

The cane itself looks as though it may be quite heavy, but once Falke holds it, he’ll find it’s surprisingly light and sturdy.
when i'm super low, you pull me higher
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Age: 40 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Like a schoolkid during Fiat Lux, Falke finds himself excited, and made even more so by Seraphina’s infectious welcome. He follows in her in without a second thought, letting the door close behind him as he takes in the room; it’s spacious, warm (useful in Deepfrost, he imagines, when the winds howl against the Tower walls) and tidy, but the bits of the Artificer’s genius are tidely tucked away into every corner of her space.

She beckons him to come and see her handiwork; as soon as his eyes dip down to it, they light up. “Madame Artificer,” he exhales in awe, “You have indeed outdone yourself!” Has Falke anything this fine? His notebooks are well made, his packs of durable, waterproof leather, his research materials solid and reliable, but he is not one to boast such finery or anything that says I was made to be admired by the general public.

Taking the cane, Falke stares at it for a moment, feeling the smooth, cool metal in his hands and finding its weight is as she said it would be. “I know you said it would be light, but this is lighter than I’d even imagined.”
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Falke’s eyes, when they light up at the sight of the cane, is truly the response Sera wishes to have when she finishes her work. It soothes and sparks her ego in so many ways that she can do nothing but dip her head, then half bow to Falke as she accepts his compliment. And in place of her previous excited smile, there’s perhaps a touch of pride that leaks through the beaming grin she gives him.

It’s hollow so it can shrink down.” She informs him, reaching out with a slender finger to point at the three buttons on the cane. “When you want it to collapse, press in the two buttons on the side.” She points to each one – she’d added two so that if one was pressed it wouldn’t cause the whole thing to collapse on Falke in case of an accident.

The other, though, here she beams at him more. “This one, if you press below the handle, it releases this part.” She gestures to the handle, awaiting for Falke to press it to see the ornate blade within it.
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
Seraphina has earned every bit of pride she tries to hide and Falke will sing her praises from the arched hallways of the Tower in the future. There’s clearly a reason she’s in the Order.

As she begins to explain the various buttons on the cane, the Fixer offers it back to her, palms up, for a proper demonstration. Following her instructions with nods and then actually doing so (not that he didn’t believe her, it just seems polite to validate her then and there), he collapses the cane and then brings it back to its full length.

And then they get to the other part - the dangerous part, the part that feels both naughty and exciting and anxiety-inducing all at onc - with the singular button. Hesitating for only a second, Falke presses it down and waits to see what pops out.
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
She’s absolutely content to keep basking in Falke’s praise, for however long he chooses to continue it. For the moment, though, he hands the cane back and she runs through the quick demonstration, leaving the knife for last and for him to find out himself, wanting to appreciate the surprise of it all that much more.

He collapses the cane and brings it back to its full length, one that Sera’s measured correctly in how it may help Falke. For herself, though, she can’t help the wider grin as he goes to press the button for the knife. The handle releases, and from the opposite side, a blade masterfully crafted escapes from the inside of the hollow cane – the length of it a bit shorter than what his cane is when it’s collapsed – but delicately ornate and wonderfully balanced.

It’s sharp as hell and small enough that it could be easily concealed. And to put it back in, there’s only one way it goes – it has to slot back into it. “What do you think of the blade?” One side is smooth and sharp, the other has nicks in the back that serrate it. “It’s made in a way that you don’t have to do too much work or move too much. If someone comes at you, just… Stab them and twist and pull and it’ll stop almost anything.” Her dark gaze lifts to Falke with a smirk.
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
What did he think? Falke’s eyes widen even more, respectfully running his hands over the blade. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a beautiful weapon,” he confesses. “It almost seems like it isn’t meant for me.”

Because of course, he isn’t a fighter. He’s an observer, a healer, a fixer of things and people and knives too often fall on the destructive side of things. He needs some way to protect himself beyond Stormbreak but even when faced with the most unassuming weapon ever, he is oddly hesitant.

“Just stab, huh?” Nervous chuckling, slightly dark, he lifts the cane up, turns so that Sera is nowhere near the blade and then extends it awkwardly again - not a true thrust, just feeling the weight and the reach and how it looks in the light of her lab.
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
You flatter me, Falke.” She chimes with a hum of a laugh, settling in on the balls of her heels as she folds her hands behind her back and watches him inspect the weapon. She’s pleased that he’s so happy with it – always so content to see the reaction her work gives people. It’s mostly the reason she does it, after all.

So she watches with bright excitement when he turns away from her with the blade, extending it awkwardly in a thrust. She doesn’t have any complaints to make about his form or anything like that. But an idea does spring to her mind and she flashes him a soft smile as she moves to stand beside him and watch him inspect it in the light further. “Perhaps you could visit the Dragoons and they might be able to help you figure out how to wield it?” She suggests, turning to him more fully.

I’ve been doing more field work lately and I have been training with them for self defense.
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
Nodding in agreement at the suggestion, Sera confirms his thinking and he pulls the cane and blade back in. “Yep. I think that’s the only solution. I’m sure there are more than a few of them who would be happy to put me through a barrage of exercises in return for my silly, insistent questioning.” He’s referring, of course, to the mental health checks he often does, picking several Dragoons at random to see how they’re faring. Tip-top shape means mind as well as body, as a rogue soldier and dragon could actually do quite a bit of damage if they chose to.

Twisting his wrist over and under, he moves through some momentum-based moves, moving first to give the Artificer a wide berth. “Mmm, that’s a good motivator. I don’t think Cian would let me leave again unless there’s some assurance he won’t have to come save me again.” It’s all very matter-of-fact, no bitterness for what he projects about the Eye. It isn’t terribly smart to have a liability running around, particularly with relations as they are.

“What kind of field work?” genuinely curious, he looks over at Sera with a bright, curious gaze.
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
A surprise bark of laughter leaves Sera, her hand rising to cover her mouth in her amusement. “I suppose that might give you something to talk to them about the next time they come to your door, would it not?” She jests, chiming another bout of laughter as she leans against her desk now that he’s got a handle of the cane and the blade within it and how it works. And she simply watches, letting the smile cling to her lips and reflect in her eyes.

I do suppose that’s a problem.” She comments, pausing to purse her lips. “At the very least you could fend off some unruly patients?” She teases with a wink sent his way, until he’s questioning what kind of field work she’s been up to. A brighter smile crosses her face and she pushes herself up to sit on her desk, letting her legs swing below her. “I have been helping a bit with Greatwood fortifications. And… During LongNight I went with Gideon and Amalia and Remi and we went and destroyed the Ascended shrine in Torchline.” She flashes him a bright grin of accomplishment and achievement with such a victory.
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
He laughs, because none of his patients are ever truly unruly. The Order doesn’t attract that kind of person - and Cian certainly wouldn’t let them in. It’s obvious that Sera means it in jest, because it’s obvious that right now, he wouldn’t stand a chance against someone truly troubled.

He isn’t expecting to hear that they destroyed an Ascended shrine, broad and bushy eyebrows flying to the ceiling in surprise. Deftly pressing the buttons to retract the blade, Falke is very suddenly all ears and very interested. “What was it like?” he asks eagerly, suddenly wishing he had something to write with. “Have you written down a record of the encounter and what happened?” Obviously they’re all fine, which is a blessing, but this kind of knowledge could be quite useful in the future.
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
His laugh is gentle as it is amusing when it falls under her joke. So she flashes him a bright smile and guides them back to the seats she has available where he might be able to fiddle and write should he wish to as she recants it. “It was… The most exciting adventure I’ve been on, almost ever. Except when I got Levi, of course.” The pale dragon trills from his nest up above her office space as she settles into the seat again and gestures for him to take one opposite of her.

I haven’t yet, but we could if you wanted?” She asks with a tilt of her head, a soft and bright smile crossing her face. “Do you need a notebook?” She asks, reaching into a drawer beside her to grab one and a pen to hand to him if he has nothing else to write with, and then she settles in – awaiting the first question he might have over the entire experience.
Seraphina
Falke Guildenstern
The "Fixer"

Change author:
When Sera mentions getting Levi it jogs a memory - and at first Falke struggles to place where she found her companion, but then it quickly surfaces and his eyes widen.Oh, that’s right, on the Sea of Glass.” Shaking his head at the bizarre set of circumstances they’d all found themselves in, he accepts the offer of something to write with in a nod.

“The Gods and spirits certainly do seem to enjoy making us work for our rewards,” After all, he, too, had had some tribulations with Fee. Only it was after they’d bonded, not before.

Opening the book to a clean page, Falke situates himself in a place where he can easily take notes and pay attention to Seraphina. “When you’re ready -” Giving her an eager smile, he settles in to hear the tale of how they destroyed an Ascended shrine.
this one feels brand new
FALKE
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Yes!” She chimes with great delight that Falke remembered that. It had been a strange event, but they both know that the gods worked in mysterious ways. And she had been lucky, perhaps it had been her reward for dealing with Luciana and that strange… Abandoned hybrid? She doesn’t know. Whatever it was, though, Levi completed her and she loved the dragonling with everything she had.

A soft laugh leaves her at Falke’s easy comment, nodding enough that the dark hair around her shoulders bounds with delight. “It’s worth it, I think.” She imagines that Falke likely feels the same – at least, she hopes he does.

As for the shrine destruction, they settle in and Falke prepares to write and Sera’s gaze focuses on him. “Well, Gideon and I went with Amalia and Remi. Remi’s the Ludo demigod. But, we got there and started to destroy it and lightning caged the shrine. Amalia shielded Gideon and I from most of the lightning and Remi managed to destroy the shrine the rest of the way.” There’s pride that blooms in her chest with it. “I think it will take a lot for the Ascended to rebuild it. I hope it does, at least.
Seraphina