what do you see
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
VALVYNN - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATHANIEL

Nathaniel chuckled in turn, giving the woman a look that said this was a typical occurrence. They had to start somewhere. The woman smiled right back, a faint flush on her cheeks before she turned her attention back to Wesley. "And what kind of potatoes? I have large russet potatoes and some fingerling potatoes that are good for roasting." There were a lot of decisions for the young boy to make. Grocery shopping was serious business. "Florets it is." The woman started filling a small rucksack with the broccoli while he made a decision about the potatoes, letting him take his time.

The eldest leaned against the stall on his forearms, looking down at his brother with a grin, "What do you think mom would like? Russet potatoes or fingerlings?" Yes, it did matter, Of course, their mother would make whatever they brought back without any complaint, but she did have things she preferred.
Weep for yourself, my man
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep, little lion man
You're not as brave as you were at the start
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Age: 17 | Height: 4'8” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
WESLEY

And she had potatoes too! Wesley was admittedly proud of his chosen stall, his intuition was just on point today. He hoped Nathaniel agreed, the approval of his family meant the world to him. The woman bagged their broccoli florets while Nathaniel quizzed Wesley on the potatoes. What would mum want, russets or fingerlings? Well the russets were bigger, maybe she could bake them!

"Russets, to bake with the fishes?" he asked, toying absently with the cuffs of his shirt sleeves.
it would be great to find a place
we could escape sometime
you and me growing black irises in the sunshine
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
NATHANIEL

Nathaniel was pretty impressed with his brother. At this rate they were going to be finished with shopping much more quickly than he originally thought. He looked down at him with a small smile, "Russets could be good. I think she might like fingerlings more. She likes baking them with sea salt, olive oil, and rosemary." Nathaniel suggested to the boy, glancing up at the woman who was currently bagging the broccoli for him. "And what do you think would be fair for the vegetables and some fresh herbs, Wes?" He asked, giving him a gentle nudge towards actually finishing bartering with the shop keep.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Age: 17 | Height: 4'8” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
WESLEY

So not russets then, Wesley didn't take it too hard, he just nodded and absorbed the information. The more you know! He could picture the potatoes now too, the small bean shaped veggies roasted and covered in oils and salts and other herbs. That did sound good, Wesley smiled brightly once more and turned back to the vendor.

Now to name his price. Oh boy, this was the part Wes was the least sure of. His sharp brows furrowed just slightly, softening at the encouraging nudge from his brother. "I can help you do things! Like moving boxes or organizing?" he offered, figuring it'd worked out with the last trade, maybe this woman would like the same!
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

Ever one to bounce back, Wesley didn't seem too fussed over the correction when it came to the potatoes. He took it in stride. Nathaniel watched as his brother spoke with the vendor, getting the requested produce sorted before moving forward with the real challenge. Bargaining. Nathaniel was curious if he had learned anything new after that last interaction. This time the vendor didn't have to suggest a trade. Wesley was already on it. She considered his offer, pursing her lips, "What about doing deliveries for me? Is that something you could do?" She finally asked, fixing him with a look after confirming with his brother with a raise of her brows that it would be alright to ask that.

Nathaniel nodded, "I think that sounds like a pretty good trade. Maybe she can sweeten the deal and throw in some herbs too? Just to make it worth a good hour or two of work." He suggested, hoping his brother would take the hint.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

Deliveries sounded easier than moving boxes, if not easier than at least more fun. Wesley loved talking to people, despite his sometimes independent personality he craved those moments where he could watch and learn and engage. That's why he loved these little missions so much, it was time to spend with his older brother, and time to explore.

Nathaniel's suggestion pulled a small frown, Wes didn't want to ask for too much. He was soft that way. But Nathaniel usually knew what he was doing, maybe two hours of work was worth more than he'd thought, "Umm, could we also have some thyme please?" He pointed to the green bundle, just beginning to dry. "And I can do deliveries for you."
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

There were plenty of things a growing boy needed. Food, a roof over their head, friends, but real life experiences was one of the biggest as far as Nathaniel was concerned. It was why he took the extra time to do this. Even when he was sore from training. He had to make sure his brother knew everything he needed to in case something happened to him. They did the boy good and admittedly Nathaniel had a soft spot for his baby brother. He liked doing this just as much as he liked everything else.

Of course, Wesley didn't want to ask for more. He could tell as soon as he saw the little frown tugging on his lips, but he asked anyway. Nathaniel smiled down at his brother, giving him a nod of approval. The woman hummed, seeming to consider his offer, "Alright. I'll throw in a bundle of thyme, the potatoes, and broccoli for two hours work running my deliveries." She finally agreed, finishing packing up the produce and passing it across to Wesley so he could put it in the basket Valvynn was holding in her maw.

Nathaniel looked back to his brother, arching a dark brow, "Alright, anything else on our list?" There were a few things, but Wesley was the leader of this little venture.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

The woman didn't seem at all hurt or offended by Wesley's counter, which only gave him more confidence and a childish grin. "Thank you," he replied cheerily with a dip of his head. She finished bagging the food and he took the items from her, placing each in Valvynn's basket. The dragon was very strong, he noted to himself as he had many times before, the potatoes and the fish and the broccoli had weighed a lot for his small self.

They started to walk away from the nice woman and the stall, Wesley shot her a friendly wave and smile over his shoulder before looking ahead. Alright, what next? They'd gotten so much, it seemed like it would be enough. But Wesley remembered at least one more thing, "Candy?"
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

Valvynn had no issues carrying the basket. She was very strong. Her whole body wiggled when Wesley got closer and she puffed a frosty breath from her nostrils at him, trilling softly as she held her head up a little higher. They were off again and Nathaniel made sure to toss the woman a wink and a roguish grin for her troubles. Wesley had forgotten about the other stuff on the list, but he wasn't all that worried about it. They got a lot of what they needed and he could always pick up the rest of the stuff on the way back home. "Definitely candy. Did a good job today, Wes. I think we could maybe get three different kinds of candy."

What could he say? He had a soft spot for his brother. It shouldn't come as a surprise that he would take the opprotunity to spoil him a little bit. With that they headed off for the sweet shop and so what if Nathaniel let Wesley pick out more than three different kinds of candy? He was a good kid. It was easy to spoil him. "Come on. Let's get back to momma. M'sure she's missing us." With that Nathaniel scooped Wesley up, sticking him on his shoulders for old times sake.

~FIN <3~
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report