Dear Ronin
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Dear Ronin,

I predict this letter might be of some length and you might not see the signature right away, so I will tell you now this is from your old friend Bastien. We have not seen each other in some time; Caido has done what it often does and has split friends apart with it's endless trials. I've been told you're in Stormbreak, which is where I will address this letter to...I'm sure you can understand why I am unable to deliver it myself.

I wish I could write pleasantries and ask you how things are going and while I do consider you a friend, I must cut to the chase, as it were.

I struggle to understand your great betrayal to me and the other Ascended you have known by joining the group known as 'The Order'. I pray and hope you have some explanation for me that will show your heart, which was so sweet and measured, has not been overcome with hatred. My understanding of this organisation is that they oppose the Voice; in of itself that would not bother me, religious differences are common. No, what troubles me is their goal of 'eliminating' the Ascended.

My friend, please read my words here and heed them, even if your head is turned from me entirely. The world I came from had similar groups, similar attitudes, men that could convince whole societies to cast out those different and erase them from the world. I fear you are being drawn in, maybe by your Demi God status or connection to the Old Gods; there are other ways. We can try for peace instead of division. We can choose to understand instead of harm.

Maybe I am remembering our times together too fondly, but I would like to believe we were at least good enough friends for you to consider me a man. With emotions, feelings, thoughts and a life just like your own; can you in good faith support an organisation that would ignore all of that simply because I am Ascended?

Your concerned friend,
Yours Sincerely,
B. Des Rosieres
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN

Hello Bastien,

Apologies for the lateness of this response - I've had a lot to contend with in Stormbreak. For what it's worth, any letter you send to me should reach me regardless of where I am.

I'm sorry that you consider the decisions that I have needed to make for myself and my family to be of personal affront to you. Rest assured, I'm aware of what the Order is, and what it is not, and nothing I have done has been out of some hatred towards you or the Ascended.

But whatever I think and whatever connections I have made are of little consequence here. As an Ascended, I hope you can understand that I can no more turn from my goddess than you can from yours.

Safrin gave me new life. She gave me a daughter. She is the reason I breathe, and she will be the reason I cease to be, should she decide as much.

There are things we would like to do in this life, and then there are things we must do. I have a duty bestowed upon me by Safrin, and I must tend to it.

As a father yourself, I'm sure you will agree with me on this.

I will lay my life on the line for my children - and one of my children is a child of the stars. In a choice between their lives and yours? It's no contest, and it's not personal.

I'm sorry it has to be like this.

~ R
soft spoken with a broken jaw
we step outside, but not to brawl