what do you see
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
VALVYNN - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
NATHANIEL

Nathaniel strolls through the market, Valvynn and Wesley hot on his heels. He shoves his hands into the pockets of his coat, glancing down at his little brother, "Alright. Remember what you're supposed to be looking for?" Nathaniel asks, arching a brow as his brother picks up his feet, walking a little faster. They always play this game. Nathaniel gives him something to accomplish for the day. Today he just happens to not be training so hard. Which means he has the time to do things like this, teaching his baby brother about the world that they live in.

He likes this part of his life. He loves being a big brother. Wesley is one of the most important people in his life next to their mother. Valvynn trots next to Wesley, pushing into his hand with a trill, blowing a bit of frost into his face as her tail swishes behind her. "Or do you need me to remind you?"
Weep for yourself, my man
You'll never be what is in your heart
Weep, little lion man
You're not as brave as you were at the start
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Age: 17 | Height: 4'8” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
WESLEY

It's not fair that Nathaniel's legs were so long, and Wesley's so short. Being 4'8 was hard, even Valvynn was having an easier time keeping up than he was. While the pearly white dragoness strolled leisurely at her companion's side, the child lagged behind. It didn't help either that everything bright caught his eye, drew a smile to his chubby cheeks and made his mind whirl with possibilities and ideas.

Nathaniel's question drew Wes out of his thoughts, that lovely sunny place that he so often wandered to, and back into the present. Hazel eyes widened and looked up at his brother, he jogged to catch up a few steps. "Umm," he started, breaking off into a grin and a giggle when Valvynn cooed into his palm. With a playful mischievousness he closed his hand around her snout, hoping to coax a reaction from the icy reptile. "A big fish to cook for dinner and some spices," he recalled. "Also uh," he added, a hint of red flushing up underneath his fawnish freckles, "if I find candy can I keep it?"
it would be great to find a place
we could escape sometime
you and me growing black irises in the sunshine
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Age: 30 | Height: 6'1 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
NATHANIEL

Nathaniel glanced back at him from over his shoulder, grinning as Wesley recalled just exactly what they were looking for. The boy did get a reaction from the dragoness. She blew icy cold breath into his palm, little crystals collecting on his skin before she drew back with a snort. "Oi! What did I tell you about that? Do that to the wrong dragon and you'll lose a finger." He warned, giving him a look, but there isn't real heat in the bright blue eyes. He didn't care all that much and Valvynn liked to play with him. His brother gave him the answer, earning a hum and a nod in response, "That's right. A really big fish and some spices. Mum is going to do baked fish for dinner. What else do you think we need to go with it?"

His question about the candy made him chuckle, shaking his head at him, "We'll see. How 'bout we get our errands done and then we can talk about you getting some candy." Nathaniel was going to get him candy anyway. He was soft like that when it came to his little brother. "Do you want to try bargaining today?" He asked, slowing his stride so that Wesley can actually catch up with him as they finally reach the market proper.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Age: 17 | Height: 4'8” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
WESLEY

Another bout of laughter was coaxed from the child's lips at the blast of cool against his palms. He removed his hand, pulling it up close to his face to inspect the crystals before they dissipated completely into moisture. The dragon would never cease to amaze him, childlike wonder was offered to every display of mystic abilities she had to offer. "Sorry," he answered, but met his brother's glance with a devilishly dopey grin.

What else to go with the fish? Other than candy? "Vegetables?" he asked, nostrils flared at the thought. Like most kids, Wesley didn't love his greens, maybe he'd grow out of it someday. With the possibility of dessert on the horizon, he gave an eager nod, only growing more urgent and excited when asked about bargaining. "Yes!" he'd get to practice all Nathaniel had taught him, and hopefully show off with his own personal flair.
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

He wasn't really sorry. Nathaniel knew this, but he let it slide like always. There were things he had to be hard about. Places where he needed to be strict. How he played with Val wasn't one of them. The dragoness had been around the boy since she was nothing but a hatchling. She wouldn't hurt a single hair on his head. As long as Wesley didn't try that with other dragons then it wouldn't matter, but he knew better than to mess around with the dragons. So Nathaniel didn't feel the need to put his foot down. Valvynn trills in response to Wesley's apology as if she was accepting it herself and the man rolled his eyes.

"Definitely vegetables. Maybe some potatoes and broccoli? Could get some lemons and bread. I bet if you picked some fruit mum would make that sparkling water you like so much." Nathaniel suggested, reaching down to ruffle his hair before giving him a little push forward into the market. There was a booth nearby selling some produce and that would be their first stop. "Alright, let him know what we need." He urged, motioning toward the merchant who raised a brow as the freckle faced boy approached with his brother in tow.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

Potatoes he liked, broccoli... he didn't like the way it felt like he was eating little people with green hair. But mum insisted, and Nathaniel said it was healthy, so Wesley nodded. Valvynn's trill pulled his light gaze, he bobbed his head at her in mimicry of her movements as Nathaniel spoke. "Ooh!" he exclaimed, snapping his attention back to his brother at the mention of sparkling water. Score, candy and sparkling water all in one day, Wesley was beaming.

But first, a little negotiation. Wesley giggled as his hair was ruffled, looking up and up to the icy blues of his brother. He grinned, then allowed himself to be nudged forwards, walking up to the vendor with that same enthusiasm, as though they were old friends. "Hi! I'm Wesley, and this is my brother Nathaniel, and that's Valvynn," it was here that he started getting a bit shy, "and umm, we need some fish, please." It was short, kinda vague, and he looked up to Nathaniel for approval.
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

The vendor looked between Nathaniel and then Wesley, an amused grin on his lips before he becomes serious, leaning forward against the counter of the stall. "Fish? Yeah, I got fish. What kind of fish you want?" The vendor asked with an arched brow, chewing on the toothpick clutched between his teeth. Nathaniel looked back down at Wesley, nodding in encouragement. "Remember what kind of fish mum likes to cook, Wes? The pink one. What's that one called?" His brother prompts gently, eyes flicking to the fish in question. It was red snapper. One of their mother's favorites and something they were able to get in good supply here.

Valvynn inched closer to the stand, lifting her snout to sniff at the fish and almost reaching forward to snatch one, but Nathaniel caught her in the act. The dragoness let out an icy huff before slinking back behind his legs where she was meant to wait. The vendor waved a hand towards the different fish he had on display. "I got grouper, mahi, snapper, tuna, and flounder. Any of those sound right?"
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

The vendor's smile was met and reciprocated, when he leaned forward with a quirked brow, Wesley returned that expression too. He was always learning, watching and mimicking, his attempt to 'get down to business' was only broken by the blush in his cheeks. Nathaniel's encouragement was appreciated, he thought hard on the answer, observant of where his brother's eyes moved.

"Snapper!" he called out excitedly when the man gave the name in the lineup. He pointed at the pinkish fish, lightly shifting his pressure from foot to foot.
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

With the little bit of guidance Wesley named the fish quickly and Nathaniel nodded his confirmation, "Right. We probably need four whole fish. Can't forget about Val. Go ahead and make your offer." Nathaniel urged Wesley to continue the process, looking up at the vendor with a smile as he indulged him in helping teach this little lesson. Valvynn huffed beside him, blue eyes trained on the fish and refusing to look away. He placed a hand on top of her head, urging her to settle while they did this. "You're needing four fish then? I'd say that's worth about two hours hauling boxes for me. What do you say, boy? That seem fair?"

It wasn't fair. That was way too much for four whole fish. Maybe an hours worth of work. That was the point, though. Trying to teach Wesley how to barter. Either he would figure it our now or he would figure it out after doing that much work.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

Four whole fish? Wesley's eyes widened, he chewed absently at his cheek as he nodded. It was time to make an offer, he'd seen Nathaniel and his mum do it plenty of times but everything was harder when he had to do it himself. "Ummm," he said turning back to the vendor, thinking about what he might be able to offer in return, if it was worthy or too much.

When the vendor made an offer instead, Wesley didn't think much about what it entailed. A successful trade felt like a win, and with a wide grin he nodded, "Yes! I can do that!" he answered excitedly, though remembering himself he glanced back to see Nathaniel's expression. He hoped he'd done it right, two hours wasn't that long was it? He had two hands and two feet, and that didn't seem like much so... All he could think about was the delicious dinner they were gonna have, and how moving boxes sounded really fun and professional.
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

It took all of his willpower not to facepalm when Wesley eagerly agreed to the deal. Of course, his brother didn't know any better. Two hours seemed like a reasonable deal to him, but he'd quickly learn that it wasn't a fair trade for four whole fish. Once he earned himself a few blisters in the process. Nathaniel chuckled softly, giving him a little nod because he did technically do this one on his own. "Two hours of work for the fish. Good job, bud." He reached out to ruffle his hair and the vendor started wrapping their fish. Nathaniel placed them in the basket and let Valvynn hold the handle in her maw. "I'll be seeing you tomorrow for that work." The vendor said with a wink before they moved off towards the next booth.

"Alright. We got the fish. So now we need the vegetables, fruit, bread, and spices. Let's see if we can find them." Nathaniel said, already directing them back out into the trickle of traffic that filled the streets.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

Wesley took the encouragement and hand in his hair as confirmation that he'd done well, he beamed in delight, then turned back to the vendor. He helped grab the fish, all bundled in their wax paper, then placed them delicately into the basket that hung from Val's maw. "Thank you!" Wesley called over his shoulder as they turned to continue on, searching for the rest of the ingredients.

Feeling more confident now, the little person narrowed his brows and got right to business, scouring the vibrant market space for some of the things on their list. His tongue stuck out as he focused, finally sea green eyes lay upon a stall covered in greens, a woman with a bracelet of jingling bells waved their way. Wes grabbed his brother's arm and pointed, "Veggies!"

He hurried over to the woman, bolder now, and in a gravely yet joyous tone he asked, "We need a bag of broccoli please!"
we could escape sometime
Nathaniel Greenhorn
Dragoon

Change author:
NATHANIEL

Nathaniel's own eyes scoured the market place, flitting from stall to stall in search of any that might be carrying the items they needed today. He saw the stall just a moment before Wesley did, grinning down at his brother when he tugged sharply on his arm, pointing it out. "Good job, bud. Let's take a look." He shifted their path towards the stall, flashing the woman working a roughish grin as he stood behind his brother. The boy asked for broccoli and Nathaniel gave him a little nudge, "Need more than just broccoli, remember?" They also needed potatoes. If the boy could remember that.

The woman smiled back, "I can do a bag of broccoli. Would you like just the florets or a whole head of broccoli?" She asked with an arched brow, already grabbing two heads to place in front of him so he could pick for himself.
Weep, little lion man
PM FindReply Report
Wesley Greenhorn

Change author:
WESLEY

More than just broccoli? Wesley frowned for a moment, scared that he'd forgotten something, then grinned once more when it clicked. "Potatoes!" he exclaimed to Nathaniel, then back to the vendor woman, who giggled lightly at the boy and his handsome older brother. "We need some potatoes too," he added, more politely to her than the excited whisper had been to Nathaniel.

She first showed off the broccoli, offering just the fluffy tops or the whole head. Wesley had been mostly just doing whatever Nathaniel wanted, but this time he thought he'd decide for himself. "The floor-ets," he repeated, tasting the word for the first time, wondering what it meant as it left his mouth. He pointed to them, the bushy green bits in all their glory.
we could escape sometime