i've been ghosting
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 12 - Int:
Played by: Chachy Offline
Change author:
MP: 1615
RIGBY
hey you, don't you think it's kinda cute
that i died right inside your arms tonight
Monsoon season had Rigby resigned to the indoors, however it was the first time since his father had gone that he had a place all to himself. It was nice, somewhere he'd never expected to find himself; in the home of the girl who'd shot him in the leg and her boyfriend who tried to employ him. But here he'd been, the first week after the first big storm, popping berries into his mouth as he lay on his own bed.

It was nice until it was boring. The day the rain let up just a bit, Rigby slipped from the threshold and went out into the streets of Haulani. Not to stray too far, he knew how quickly a tempest could unfurl, but he had to do something, take something. His restless hands had fiddled the same instrument for days now, they needed something else to do, like steal. The pantry could be better stocked anyway, so he crept through the market, blending in as just another tall dark haired boy, with shifty eyes and ratty clothes.

He'd managed to score some kind of meat on a stick, a pouch of tree nuts, and he headed back towards the house, sticking to the shadows, indulging in the bits he could gnaw off the kebab.
that i try to escape the afterlife
that i died in your arms that night
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
there's a bulletproof bond
The break in the raging storms offered all who remained in Torchline a slight reprieve from the monotony of hiding indoors. Usually, the midwife would have spent her time baking or sewing or reading or cleaning - but living at he inn meant she didn't have access to a kitchen, or a need to clean, and she didn't have much in the way of mending or reading to do. Boredom was beginning to drive her to madness. So when the rain broke, she was quick to take to the streets, if only to stretch her legs.

And it was the most glorious of walks! Not for any real reason, just because she was not in her room!

Of course, she knew it was likely to be short lived. The breaks in the monsoons were only predictable in that they rarely lasted long. And so she allowed herself to become lost in the moment, simply enjoying the fresh air and exercise...until she ran directly into someone as she turned the corner. She 'eep'ed in alarm, stiffening once she regained her balance. "Oh my goodness, I am so so sorry!" she said hurriedly as she tried to place the face of the man she ran into.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Age: 25 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RIGBY
Rigby was chewing when he turned the corner, cheeks full of what was probably fish. And of course there was something there on the turn of the block, when had he ever had a completely uneventful day. He stumbled back as the woman ran right into him, almost dropping the stick with his meal on it but fumbling to keep it secure.

He stepped back from the blonde with his stolen goods, scowled at her in a feral bristling manner. He'd seen her before, the old madame of the Halenani, but only in passing. "Mm," he grumbled, then took a bite of the meat.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked, not really sure what to make of him. Mm? That was it? That was all he had to say? "U-uhm...are you okay?" she asked, worried that maybe she knocked something out of his hands. Though at first glance, she didn't see anything on the ground that shouldn't have been there... "Sorry, I'll get out of your way." she added hurriedly, stepping aside so she too could keep moving.

"How rude!" piped up a grumbly, growly voice. Phoebe's stomach lurched as the seer cat Branbast appeared from seemingly nowhere, hopping up to perch on her shoulder. "Branbast, don't..." she started, but the cat wouldn't let her finish. "Rude little boys are so rarrrrrrrrrely missed, even Ludo forgets to claim their lost little soulssssss, too rancid for ghost whales. A warning, little pickey pocket." Branbast said with a flick of his overly bushy tail.

Phoebe groaned and covered her eyes with her hand. If the cat hadn't been native to Torchline and its antics well known by the locals, she was sure he would have gotten in big trouble because of his mouth by now.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
Uhm, the woman was still talking for whatever reason, Rigby just shrugged and prepared to continue on his way. He wasn't very nice, he simply wasn't nice. He didn't offer any apology or explanation, he just let her fumble in his silence then moved to walk past her. But just before he did, there was another voice, not her sweet tone but something lower and gravely.

He turned sharply as a cat leapt up to the woman's shoulder, the voice was coming out of the feline. Rigby's gaze narrowed, watched it as it purred a warning, maybe an insult? This actually drew a different expression to Rigby's face, the boy offering a cheeky smirk, "Good thing I'm not looking for Ludo then," he replied, then with a glance to Phoebe "I like your cat."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"Ludo always wins hide and seek, pickey pocket." Branbast purred, tail flicking side to side. Silly humans, thinking they could avoid the guiding god of Mort by not looking for it. The boy ought to fear not being found after all.

Phoebe was about to begin a litany of apologies, assuming that of course this man was going to be offended. But instead he smirked and complimented Branbast. She stared wide eyed for a moment, surprised to silence. "Uhm...thank you...his name is Branbast." she said, still not she she had heard him right. Though the very smug and self satisfied way the seer cat draped itself over her shoulders should have been the indication that her ears had not deceived her.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
Of course Rigby liked the cat, it was smug, curious, and ironic in a way that deserved some sort of respect. Interesting things like Branbast caught Rigby's eye, he watched the strange looking cat luxuriate in his compliment. The cat's following statement made him snort, but his gaze did darken ever so slightly. "How'd you end up with a seer cat?" he asked, pulling a handful of cashews from the bag of nuts in his pocket and popping them into his mouth. Eyelids droopy, dark circles under his eyes, Rigby's smirk was shadowed and ghostly. Ludo might as well have found him already.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe blinked at the young man as he stared back, continuing to ask about the ridiculously fluffy cat lounging on her shoulders. Was he on drugs? Sure, Branbast may have caught his attention - Branbast had a way of doing that with most folks - but this young man looked positively out of it. That he looked a bit like the walking dead and he hadn't managed more than a grunt until the seer cat broke through his stupor seemed equally strong indicators that he was high on something. Or he was terribly sleep deprived - but with the monsoons keeping people in with little to do but sleep she highly doubted it.

"Uh...Frey gave him to me. To keep me company." she said to his question, instinctively lifting a hand to rest against the cat's non-Newtonian fluid like form, a bit nervous that the young man might try to snatch him.
between me and you

Coding base by Sky!
Rigby Arcara
Street Urchin

Change author:
RIGBY
He wasn't high on anything right now unfortunately, but he would've found it very satisfying if he knew that she thought he was. It would've pulled a laugh at least, everything funniest was either at someone else's expense of at the irony of his own. He could tell at least that he was confusing her, but he didn't say anything to clear it up. Keep her guessing, it was funny.

Rigby didn't want the cat, wasn't really something he could sell or use. He just nodded, "Cool," he gave a large jaunty shrug. Then turned to start walking away again. Not much more to say was there? Unless the cat wanted to get a couple more words of wisdom in. He didn't, allowing the pickpocket to continue on, and the woman to make her own way too. For him it was back to the house, to revel in his 'borrowed things'.

Fin!