I missed that train
Ciannnnn!! <3
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 12 - Int:
LEVIATHAN - Mythical - Dragon (Air Blast)
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Seraphina
the artificer
i'm not a slave, i won't be guided to a grave in
a masquerade, you'll hide your face
She hasn’t asked for an appointment, deciding a bit offhandedly that it might seem a bit better if it felt as if it had just occurred. So she had planned it, her whole day consisting of dressing nice, of checking in with the projects she’s done, only to try and check in with quite the empty office space from Finn.

Now, she knows that he often goes out on missions, but the last thing Sera had been told was that he was supposed to remain here for his well-being. And it seemed like a good enough idea to check in anyway.

Quick decisive steps wind her way to the third floor, heels clipping along the floor as she reaches the door and knocks, hoping that Cian is within. “Sir, it’s Seraphina. I didn’t make an appointment, but I believe it’s a bit urgent.” She calls through the door, waiting to open it just in case she catches him unaware.
you got it out for me, like strangers in the night
holding close their sharpened knives
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: / - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 19 - Int: 2
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
Cian
On a gathering storm comes
A tall handsome man
Is there any expression at all on the Eye's face as Sera calls in? Does he look surprised? Does he take a moment to steady himself, to close a drawer containing a white powder, to tuck in his shirt or perhaps even do up the zipper of his pants? Gods the things we might learn about Cian if only we could see as much as he does.

Opening the door himself, Sera will find the Eye dressed in a crisp white shirt, black trousers held up with suspenders. "Why Seraphina, what an unexpected surprise." Gracefully he sweeps an arm out that she might enter, closing the door behind him.

"Let's sit by the fire shall we? There is a chill in the air today." So saying he nods toward the chairs and couch by the hearth while he moves toward the barcart. "What can I get you?"
In a dusty black coat with
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Age: 32 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Dark eyes lift as soon as Cian opens the door, a bright smile tinged with a hint of worry crosses her face. “I’m sorry to interrupt.” She apologizes quickly, taking the cue to enter, slipping into the office and going where directed, heading straight for the couch – recalling that it was indeed the most comfortable out of all of them – where she settles. At the offer of something to drink, though, she recalls the whiskey from before, a sweet, almost tangy type of it that she wouldn’t mind having once again.

A bit of whiskey would be wonderful, thank you.” She says, turning on the couch to fold her arms on the armrest, to watch him fiddle with the bar cart. She’s more relaxed this time, less tense in the presence of the Eye, though there is a bit of tension elsewhere in her confusion and urgency to have shown up unannounced.

It was ultimately work related, after all. “I’m afraid I come with a bit of… Worry, I suppose? I was supposed to check on Finn’s office and renovations to see how they’re holding up for him but I can’t seem to find him.” She begins, pausing to chew on the inside of her cheek. “I’m a bit concerned.” He had been so happy in his office with all of the windows, after all. And if he was gone, well...
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Age: 40 | Height: 5' 9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
'A bit of whiskey it is.' Cian chimes with a nod. Pouring two healthy doses into glasses that have been hand-blown and designed to fit perfectly into the palm of a hand, the Eye turns and offers the Artificer her drink before sitting down at her side.

Folding one leg comfortably over another, Cian stretches out an arm over the back of the couch, giving Sera the entirety of his attention. Humming an inquisitive note as she begins, the Eye raises his glass to his lips seeming not at all bothered by the contents of Sera's worries. "No of course you can't." He replies warmly, lowering his drink into his lap. "He's been sent away on a rather...secret assignment."
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
A bit of whiskey it absolutely is, as Cian turns and offers her the glass. Sera finds it fits perfectly to her hand, molded with a craftsmanship that the Artificer certainly appreciates. He settles beside her, arm raised on the couch, and she’s unsure she’s ever seen the Eye so… Relaxed? Is this relaxed for Cian? Truthfully it’s hard for Sera to tell.

But she sips lightly from the glass, turning on the couch to face him, tucking her legs up under her and settling in easily at Cian’s side. Her brows raise, her head tilts slightly in the picture perfect view of surprise. “Will he be back soon?” She asks after a moment, pausing to lick her lips, tasting the brief sting of the alcohol on her lips still. “I’m worried that the windows I’ve installed in his office may not be holding up as well as I thought they would. We’ve had a lot of rain this season.” She pauses to nibble at her lower lip, peering up at Cian with bright eyes gleaming with worry. “I’m not particularly fond of entering offices when those aren’t around, as you well know...

Another brief pause before she’s taking another sip of the liquor and lowering her glass to her own lap, her body tilted a bit more toward him where she rests her shoulder against the couch cushion where his arm drapes above the back of it. “Given that you wished to supervise me while I worked.” This is said with a hint of playfulness that breaks through her concern.

Though it is very much like her to cover her worry with her playfulness. Hopefully Cian doesn’t mind.
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
'No later than the end of the season.' The Eye confirms. Though his gaze remains on her face, it's impossible not to think he isn't drinking in every detail of her; how she curls her legs beneath her, the way it accentuates her thighs, how she leans against the couch where his arm is casually slung, how her surprise highlights her cheekbones.

With a laugh that's both dry and warm like the first crackles of a fire, Cian shakes his head. "I think that's perhaps the first time I've ever heard you doubt your work, Seraphina." He points out with a wry smile. Taking another sip of his drink, the Eye nods, appreciative of her concern.

"Well, there are a good many things in this room that shouldn't be seen by other eyes. Not even ones as pretty as yours." He adds smoothly. "Finn's office though? What would a researcher have to hide, mmm? I'm sure he wouldn't mind. It's either that or his office potentially floods, after all."
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
There’s confirmation in Cian’s words, and Sera nods lightly – enough that her dark hair bounces around her shoulders as she watches Cian – far bolder this time around than the last few times here. She sips from her glass as he watches her, as his laugh colors the air around them, as it melts with the logs crackling in the fireplace. “A crafter can never be too careful. It’s why I’m so good at my job.” She titters, a small grin forming on her lips with her prideful boast.

She’s unashamed by it. Cian had asked her to work on his office, after all. And with the understanding and slight relief of Finn returning at the end of the season, well, it certainly perks up her mood. It isn’t much to give to Tobi, but it might be enough.

So as the whiskey slips through her system, she perks up at the compliment, batting those eyes of hers, before that small smile grows a bit wider, vibrant and still just as playful. “That’s fair.” She murmurs softly. “You don’t happen to have a key to it, do you?” She asks, tilting her head a bit into the cushion so that the crown of her head rests against his arm.
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
Cian regards the luxurious bounce of her hair and flutter of her eyes with a composure that speaks of one who samples decadence on the regular. His gaze is neither hungry, but nor is it uninformed or uninterested. "Well I'm glad you think so." He replies with a slow raise of a single eyebrow. "Why I do in fact."

Cian's gaze lazily drifts toward his desk, where his head inclines ever so slightly. "There are few places in Stormbreak that I do not have access to." He adds with a small smile, not at all unaware of the way Sera's head is now lightly pressed against his arm. "Here, let me get it for you—" As he rises, he leans in as if he might kiss her as he stands. He doesn't, but he's close enough for her to smell his aftershave.

Walking to his desk with measured and intentional steps, Cian opens a drawer and pulls out a single key.
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
He does in fact have a key for it, and Sera finds herself relishing in the glances, the composure he has. Perhaps that’s what makes this that much sweeter – paired with the whiskey in her system and the way she cradles the glass, the worry over Finn that she pushes aside purely to distract herself. She’s well versed in it, too, but this time she imagines that she might be able to get away with making the move.

She studies his face as he looks over to his desk. “You are the Eye. I suppose I’d be surprised if you didn’t.” She offers with a playful smile that spreads across her face. But then he offers to get it for her, rising and leaning in enough that she can smell his aftershave, her head tilting a fraction as if their lips might meet, and then… then they don’t, and Sera’s heart thunders in her ear.

He makes it to the desk and she promptly downs the rest of the whiskey, setting the glass on the table before she unfolds herself and moves to stand, following him to his desk. And perhaps it’s a bit bold of her, but she eyes the key before her gaze lifts to Cian’s face. “Thank you.” She chimes to him, moving herself boldly to place herself between him and the desk, setting her book and bag down on the edge where she can get her hands free. They reach out then, almost tentatively reaching to run her hand along the suspenders he wears. “Is it possible to ask for another favor?
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
Turning—if Cian is surprised that Sera has uncurled herself from the couch and followed him over, he doesn't show it—he holds the key in his hand. However as the Artificer gracefully positions herself between he and the desk, of which there is very little room for her to occupy, he tilts his head with wry interest to the side.

"You're quite the clever girl, Seraphina, I would think asking for another favour is certainly within the realm of possibility." It was the granting of it that would take some doing. But given the placement of her hands and the whiskey-sweet shimmer on her lips, it seemed she absolutely was aware of that fact.
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
He remains so masked, it’s hard to tell whether or not she’s getting anywhere. Until, of course, she’s wedging herself between him and the desk, reaching out for him, peering up at him – quite content to do whatever she wanted to get the results she seeks. And when his head tilts to the side with a brief hint of interest, she wonders if she’s captured it.

Her hands reach out and do run along the suspenders that run up his torso – a soft smile given to him as he calls her clever. She likes to think that she is. So she sucks in a breath, tilts her head back a bit as if she’s thinking about it, scanning Cian’s face as if it might harbor any ideas of what she might be able to get away with.

I doubt you’d grant the favor of letting me in on where Finn went, but I do hope he is okay, given I heard he left so abruptly.” She pauses, pursing her lips. “Will he be okay?” She asks, running her hands up a bit further, to his shoulders now, eyes focused on his face as she shifts a bit where she’s pressed herself into the space between him and the desk, pressing against him with the movement.
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
'Seems such a strange favour to ask.' The Eye muses as Sera's hands wander. 'He left abruptly of his own accord. Eager to begin his work, I assume.' He adds with a shrug. Is it too much to assume that Cian knows the contents of the letter sent to Doctor Hart? Does he know about the letters she has sent him in return? Of the conversations had between the woman who stands with her body pressed against his, and the newly pregnant October?

"Why wouldn't he be okay?" Cian wonders with a vague smile that makes his eyes sparkle warmly. "Much as I know, I cannot predict the future. Anything might happen to any one of us at any time...but Finn had the option of sending someone else in his place, but chose to go just the same. He saw why his task was necessary and set off to complete it." Finn was to be applauded, not worried about, surely.
A red right hand
Seraphina Magnus
The Artificer

Change author:
Seraphina
the artificer
Eager of his own accord definitely fit into the letters sent, and yet Sera can’t understand why he would ask for October to forget him unless it was something that was quite awful. But she can’t say that, she doesn’t want to set her cards all out, even if Cian could likely see her hand before she’s played them. So she keeps her hands busy, offering a small smile as he questions why she thinks he wouldn’t be okay.

She’s prepared for that.

He seemed hesitant about joining us to go destroy the shrine is all. He was willing initially but… Chose not to accompany us for whatever reason.” She explains easily, shaking her head slightly, but when she regards Cian again it’s a far easier look in her gaze, something that seems to suggest his words have set her at ease. “Thank you, Cian.” Her voice is gentle as her hands remain along his suspenders. “Is there a time I can bring the key back to you when I’m done checking on the windows?
Cian ó Broin
The Eye

Change author:
Cian
A tall handsome man
What the Eye knows and what he deigns to share are two fundamentally different sets of facts.

"Well," Reaching down for her hands that he might pluck them off of his suspenders and take them into his own, he gathers them together and presses a single kiss against her knuckles. "I do tend to work quite late." This, was objectively true, and though nothing in his voice suggested it was leadingly said...surely that was a twinkle in his eye?

Or ... was it just the light?

Releasing Sera's hands and guiding her toward the door, Cian nods politely before closing it behind her.

~FIN
A red right hand