is there something you want to tell me
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
even my darkness shines for you
"Hey, you can't help it if you can't speak to him yourself. If you knew where he was, I'm sure you'd go and have that conversation," Ronin says, before offering her a small smile that tells her more than any explanation ever could. "Remi and I have had our trials and tribulations." It's the only thing he can say without making this all about him, and so he leaves it there so he might be able to save Tobi from her broken cup and nausea.

"Ginger, and crackers. I think I can manage that." So saying, Ronin moves to collect up the teapot again to boil some more hot water, grabbing some ginger root out of the cupboard overhead. He finds a package of crackers, too (they're for Mateo and shaped like little stars, but he doesn't think his son will mind sharing), offering them out to Tobi while he waits to make her some different tea.

"It's going to be okay. You know that, right?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: N/A - Strg: 14 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 13 - Luck: 0 - Int:
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
This is your heart undone, Take all the time you want
"He isn't checking his mail.." Gods please don't ask me how I know that. "..so unless he comes back...I mean, that isn't really the sort of thing you just...put into a letter, is it?" Unsure what to make of Ronin's trials and tribulations comment, the doctor sniffs, and then really sniffs, finding herself incredibly annoyed by how plugged her nose has suddenly become.

"Thank you." Tobi says in a small voice as she accepts the crackers. Instead of eating them, she just pushes the small shapes around in the package and frowns. Soon this will be her life, won't it? These pre-packaged snacks in adorable shapes? The thought makes her lip tremble. "I know that I can take care of myself while pregnant and that I will give this child a good life." Tobi replies, raising her eyes to Ronin. "But no, I don't think that means this is going to be okay." It's with a small shake of her head that she opens the package of crackers and places a single one in her mouth, chewing experimentally.
& some will try to help
But there is freedom in breaking down
October
Table by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"It's definitely something that would come better from you in person," Ronin agrees. "But if it comes to it and you have to put it in a letter? Better than not knowing. Or not knowing until the baby is already here, and having no time to prepare..." He's thinking on his feet, mostly, as he grates fresh ginger to steep in the hot water, putting everything away with practiced ease.

It's with a similar sort of ease that he leans across and plants a kiss on her forehead while she absently munches on a cracker, the Star encouraging the water to boil with a little fire from his feathered fingertips. When it's ready, he pours her tea into a different mug (this one is made of tin, so it has no chance of breaking) and offers it out. "Sometimes, you just keep going for long enough that you don't realise that things are okay until you turn around and it's just... it's all fallen into place," he says.

"I never thought I'd be here. But... here we are."
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Age: 38 | Height: 5'8" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Already the ginger is soothing to her senses, spicy as it initially is in the air. Wrapping her arms around her hips Tobi leans back against the counter, nodding along despite wanting to just fold herself against Ronin's chest and take a nap. "I know he has as much right to be part of the baby's life as I do..." Her but hangs unsaid in the air. But if he doesn't want me, how will he want it?

Her thoughts are disturbed by the sudden lips against her forehead, leaving Tobi to blink uncertainly up at Ronin. Tobi isn't the sort to have these close and intimate-adjacent friendships, and she can't tell if she feels taken advantage of by her hormones by allowing it. By not minding it. "Here we are." The doctor repeats, though there's no agreement in her voice. Rather than drinking her tea, she simply holds it up to her nose, inhaling deeply and letting the steam help relax her sinuses.

"Okay. Try to talk to him in person. If not, a letter before the baby is born." Her hormonal spikes seem to be on the down-swing, letting the doctor actually reason her way through her problems for the first time today. 'You're a good man Ronin. I'm really glad you came along this afternoon.'
& some will try to help
October
Table by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
Ronin replaces her but with an and. "And he won't know whether he wants to do any of that until he knows about the baby," he says gently, smiling and sitting back against the counter as she accepts her tea - and the kiss, however strange it might feel to Tobi. Here they are. He's glad to see that the new tea doesn't result in Tobi throwing up again - it's not that Ronin is squeamish, but it can't be very pleasant for Tobi to have to go through.

"That sounds like a plan. Or as much of a plan as you could have right now," he confirms with a soft smile, seeming pleased that she has been able to come to a conclusion about what is arguably one of the biggest shocks one can receive in a day. "I'm just a man who cares about people," he corrects, shrugging his shoulders but nodding to her as if to accept it nonetheless. "If you ever need anything, you can always come here, okay?"
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky
October Hart
Doctor

Change author:
'Thanks Ronin, I appreciate that. Next time I'll try to stick with just one mood.' Tobi says sheepishly. They both know her emotions aren't entirely under her control anymore, but that doesn't make it any more difficult to deal with.

Taking a long and slow sip of her tea, the doctor sighs slowly, forcing her to try and get herself under some semblance of control. 'Relationships, huh?' The corners of her mouth twitch into a wry smile as she shakes her head slightly. Not that she and Finn are even in a relationship, but they will be now, one way or enough. Even if that relationship is estranged parents. She'll feel endlessly guilty about that in the coming nights, of having locked Finn into a commitment that neither of them asked for.

Popping the last of her crackers into her mouth with a satisfying cromch, Tobi holds out her arms for a hug. "Still friends?"
& some will try to help
October
Table by Sky!
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"No, next time I get to cry and throw up." Ronin flashes her a cheeky smile and a wink, sitting back against the counter and watching almost warily as she takes a sip of tea. But it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, and so he relaxes enough to zone back into the conversation. "Relationships," he confirms with a grin, not that he has any idea what that's supposed to mean. (Although actually, he does - he'd shown up with a random baby once before after all).

Tobi holds out her arms and Ronin moves into them willingly, hugging her close and smoothing a hand through her hair. "Of course. We never weren't friends." He grins. "Besides, I'm officially a friend who is also a parent. You and I will probably be having a lot of conversations about babies in the future."

At least there's that. Regardless of what happens next, Ronin meant what he said - Tobi won't have to go through this alone.

~FIN
the
DARKSTAR

Table coding by Sky