whiskey, smoke and aces high
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Honestly, if the other man had been able to get those words out, Ronin might have been offended (amused?) enough to stand by and let him finish the song, and offer him a sardonic is that better? when it's all said and done. Thankfully Ronin has other ideas, and even as his host turns towards him and speaks he finds himself leaning in to cut off the rest of the sentence with lips half numbed from alcohol.

That barely matters, though - it's not like they're flat out wasted, and the rest of his body still knows what to do. It explains why Ronin has sense enough to sink down on the edge of the piano bench, anyway. He might be facing the other way, but that kind of makes it better; the way his fingers roam up into perfectly imperfect curls to draw the other man closer; the free hand that sneaks onto Remi's knee, sliding up with absolute impunity along his thigh.

"You can play it again for me later," he all but growls into the kiss.
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
It's too bad. When did it get cool to be so sad? We're spinnin' backwards, did we all go mad?
Yeah, we're only human but w?'ve got hands and hearts and noses,
So stop and sm?ll the fucking roses
Their lips slide together not for the first time, though certainly, Remi has more of his wits around him this go around. The kiss is sweet and slow the way he'd hoped it would be. Even with the buzz of gin-soaked lips that dull some of his senses, his brain can't help but put song lyrics to his emotions as the slow flash of Ronin's lips against his cause wildfires to rage against the inside of his thighs.

Ronin sits, and despite Remi's self-proclaimed romantic nature, his first thought is whether or not Hallway plans some hanky-panky right here and now. Because as much as he wants those blue eyes and to hear all the ways his accent inflects around his words, there's no kiss in the world that compares to his piano. Still, there doesn't seem to be any recklessness in how Remi is pulled closer, and despite the final chords not having been played (this is going to bother him), he lets himself turn away from the keys and toward Mr. You-Know-They-Call-Us-The-Fighting-Irish-right?.

Remi's leg starts with a jolt as Ronin's fingers slide up his leg with nary a stop or go? on his lips, and the musician finds that the faded black jeans he wears are suddenly tighter than they were a moment ago. "Later?" He means to make a joke out of it, but his lips have absolutely no interest in puns. Even so, it's almost shyly that he turns slightly more toward Ronin, as if the man's initiative in coming over here and kissing him somehow wasn't confirmation enough that the other night wasn't a total write-off. Reaching out to put his hand almost chastely on Hallway's knee (it's more nervous than chaste, though they likely feel the same), he brings their lips back together with the same sort of intentional slowness his interrupted melody had possessed.
ThE RoCkStAr
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Later, says Bandcamp, and Ronin doesn't think he's ever had an advance rejected quite so gently before. It doesn't make it feel any less shitty, granted, and his fingers withdraw from where they've been sampling just how tightly they fit against the other man's skin. He sits up in time for his host to angle himself more towards him, but then he's leaning in again, and it's with a marked level of confusion that Ronin finds himself drawn into the kiss.

Are you some kind of cocktease? Is that what gets you off? That's what he really wants to ask, but his tongue is a little busy and his hands don't know where they're supposed to go any more, so he just kind of leaves them where they are, half tangled in rich curls and sort of sitting in his lap. "Mm... later, then," he agrees with a lopsided smile, drawing back from the kiss and rubbing at the back of his head.

"I've got work tomorrow - I should probably head out."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
It's too bad. When did it get cool to be so sad? We're spinnin' backwards, did we all go mad?
This was the part where Hallway says, yeah, later. Like tomorrow morning after I've spent the night. Only he doesn't, and what he does say makes no sense. And then of course Ronin hits him with a so, I should go, and Remi thinks he's finally understood the situation.

Not Gay.  Or, Maybe Gay with a sprinkle of But This Isn't What I Thought. It was probably the latter, given the comments about not bringing the girls back and the size of Remi's flat. 'Oh.' Remi's cheeks flush, rising into his temples as he pulls his hand back from Ronin's knee. 'Yeah, no of course.' He adds quickly, clearing his throat and forcing his lips up into a quick smile that he absolutely doesn't feel.

With a posture suddenly stiff from disappointment and rejection, Remi rubs his hands against the top of his thighs, blinking stupidly at the piano for a moment. "Do you need me to call you a cab, or...?"
ThE RoCkStAr
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Unbeknownst to both men, there has been a grave misunderstanding here. One read stop where the sign said go, and vice versa, and now neither of them will get what they want. For Ronin's part, Bandcamp's lack of clarification only cements their respective plans (those plans being rubbing one out, frustrated and alone at home later), and he clears his throat and rises to his feet.

"A cab? No. No... I should be fine," he says, both wanting to leave and wanting to stay as the other man doesn't seem even remotely relieved to see that he's gotten up and is making to leave him in peace. "I... uh... Yeah. I'll text you?" Lame, Ronin. All this build up, and you're just fucking lame.

"Thanks for the drinks."

He makes for the door, and is gone before the other man can say anything more. So quickly does he make his leave that he won't realise that he's forgotten his leather jacket until he's already home.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Rising and shoving the piano bench with the back of his legs, Remi awkwardly trails Ronin to the door, but he's too slow to do anything more than mumble in Hallway's wake. "Yeah, cause—" But then Ronin is gone, and Remi is left with an awkward tightness in his jeans and an empty apartment. "—you gave me your number instead of a handjob." He says to no one, closing the door behind him and resisting the urge to press his head against the door in true rom-com fashion. Amadeus, the wolfhound, opens sleepy golden eyes and regards the musician with a look that says, wow. really well done.

Flopping into bed, Remi's hand offers him his second unfulfilling orgasm of the night, and to make matters worse, it doesn't even have the decency to knock him out. Instead, he stays up way too late googling Ronin + Irish and reading every word about the bike shop down the street that he can. What he finds is precious little information; a picture of Ronin in uniform with a man similarly dressed who looks just like him, and a ton of pictures of the man with a ton of different women.

Not gay, Remi thinks, deflated.
ThE RoCkStAr
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Remi googles. Ronin does not. He really should have accepted the cab, because in reality he doesn't live all that close to the shop, and he's too drunk to ride home. It means that he's annoyingly sober and absolutely not in the mood to crack one out by the time he does get home, and instead he merely flops into bed, face down, and tries to forget about the night.

The following day brings drizzle and a chill in the air, and wouldn't you know it - he's left his fucking jacket at the musician's apartment. So it's a very cold and very irritable (read: hungover) Ronin that arrives at the garage, earlier than usual so he can crank up the heat and pull on overalls to keep it in. His cheap, shitty speakers blast their music when it doesn't become too unsociable to do so, and the shop - Iron & Resin - is open for business.

Maybe he'll text Bandcamp later to see if he can collect his jacket. Or maybe he'll climb inside his overalls and die. He's not decided yet.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi wakes up, but he gives himself a gratuitous few moments before he opens his eyes to face the day. Sadly, there's not even a moment of consciousness that doesn't immediately begin an HD 4000k repeat of the night before will full sensory accompaniment. Groaning as he rubs his fingers over his eyes, hating the way he can't help how his fingertips fall toward his lips like he might still feel the gin-soaked kiss placed there, he lets his head loll toward Amadeus who has taken up residence next to him in bed. "How much you want to bet he won't text?"

Glancing at his phone, sure enough, the only messages are from Vai reminding him of the upcoming full moon.

'What'you think? Breakfast? Death? Re-watch some old Jeopardy and see if we've gotten any smarter?' Perking up at breakfast, the massive dog offers a single thump of approval.
ThE RoCkStAr
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin gurgles his way through a black coffee with too much sugar in it, then checks his books for the day. Two projects (aka personal shit that doesn't count) can be dealt with after he's finished work for a a client, but he's got a few on the books to drop off and pick up later. He's about to set his phone to the side to climb under a bike when he remembers the whole Bandcamp-gate situation, and ends up groaning and leaning against a counter to peruse.

Eventually he bites the bullet and types out a message, ignoring a couple of WhatsApp messages from his fAMiLy ChAT before hurriedly placing the phone down (on loud, in case of calls) and low-key hoping the bike falls on him and kills him.

Hey - thanks again for helping out last night. Bruises suit me, luckily. Did I leave my jacket at your place?
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Freshly out of the shower, the music that streams through Remi's apartment is interrupted by a beep that probably signals he's broken his Duolingo streak with some snark from the fucking owl about it. The telltale purple eggplant emoji that follows a name he can't quite read as he glances at the screen makes his stomach flop, and it's with a deep breath that he opens the message, preparing for the worst.

Exhaling a stream of relief as he reads the words (and then re-reads them again, is they might change), Remi bites chews distractedly on the lid of a yoghurt container as he tries to think of a cool way to respond.

Maybe if you had stayed I could have helped you out a little more; No, too strong.
That's not all you left at my place, 🍆 No, too gross.
A picture of Amadeus wearing it? A picture of him wearing it, and nothing else?

"I'm so bad at this." Remi mumbles to himself.

Sending the, do they though? gif in response to the bruises comment, Remi writes, Anything to help out an old friend. I'll have to look around for it. There's so much space here I'll have to have one of the maids help. Stand by.
ThE RoCkStAr
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
His phone goes but hey, Ronin has a different kind of hot machine on top of him right now, so it will have to wait. Luckily, it just looks like fuel contamination, and so he wriggles back out to deal with the problem, streaking oil across his brow by accident as well as he reaches to check his messages. Snorting out a breath to read them, there's (obviously) very little thought as Ronin types a message back, swiping away a notification from Tinder - he needs to delete that, he reminds himself - and hitting send.

That isn't a very nice thing to say about your dog. Do you want me to come and help you look for it? I'm working, but I can make an exception for an old friend.

The message is accompanied by a picture of overall clad legs and steel-toed boots, before the phone goes away again and he moves back to the poor bike in sore need of some attention. Humming under his breath along with some German techno metal bullshit (if it has a genre, Ronin doesn't know it), he won't check the messages again until the bike is back with its owner.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
He loves it. Remi replies, sending a photo of the dog with the caption aMAIDeus. It's lucky no one is around to see what happens next, because the musician is twisting and turning his phone as if he might be able to see more of Ronin in the photo he's sent.

But then Remi has to figure out if he does want Ronin to come over. Well, he does obviously, but...Glancing over his shoulder and looking around, in the harsh light of day he's forced to wince. Was his flat that bad? There was literally writing on the walls and almost no furniture so...yeah. Yeah maybe it was.

Yeah sure. Who doesn't love a game of inanimate object hide 'n seek.

He presses send, and then he cleans. Not too much, but enough.
And then he waits. And looks at his phone. And waits some more.

Only Hallway hasn't even read his message yet, which is worse than being left on read, in some respects. Pacing around his apartment, Remi glances at the clock. If he hasn't replied in an hour, I'll just walk over.
ThE RoCkStAr
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Ronin only knows that it's past 10am because he needs a fucking cigarette and they're in the pocket of a jacket he doesn't have right now. The bike is back with its loving owner and he downs another cup of too-sweet coffee, reminding himself to buy milk for the fridge. Someone comes to drop off another bike, and then someone else wants advice which turns into dropping off a bike, and by the time Ronin is back at his phone, his stomach is rumbling and he's cranky from going without.

Still - it's nothing that a picture of a dog and a clever quip won't fix, however temporary. Reaching out to flip the sign at the reception to "be right back, fuckers" (Ronin really ought to get an apprentice/receptionist, but that's a lot of effort), he texts back.

Sounds good. Want to meet for food first? Coffee isn't cutting it. I'll be at The Yellow Submarine in about 30mins.

The Yellow Submarine being a sandwich place that, in Ronin's humble opinion, is unrivalled in this part of the city. He'll die on that hill.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Remi, in an effort not to appear needy and desperate, has thrown his phone onto the bed and is refusing to look at it until he's answered at least 3 jeopardy questions right in a row. That's why, by the time he reads Ronin's text and then checks the timestamp, he realizes he has about 12 minutes to get to the sandwich shop that's a 15 minute walk.

"Fuck!" Hauling himself off of the couch, Remi races to his closet. "Merda." He grumbles, tugging on a cable-knit sweater that screams DAD-MATERIAL rather than Cool-Boy-Band, before dashing out the door.

The fact that he's been doing more cardio doesn't prepare him at all for the 15 block sprint, and it's lucky for him that it's drizzling so that he can pretend the dampness in his curls and down his spine isn't entirely from being out of shape. Pushing open a door that boasts a cartoon submarine and stepping into a world of Beatles' puns, Remi pushes a clump of curls from his face as he looks around.

Oh, and you guessed it: he absolutely forgot the jacket.
ThE RoCkStAr