Let Me See Your Bones
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian
Ambassador for the Hollowed Grounds / Artist

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 10 - Int:
PITTORE - Mythical - Gremlin (Disappearance)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
BASTIEN
"Mm. I must admit I've never really been one for fighting monsters and I doubt that day will come...I will have to just run and hope they do not have my soul." He kept his voice cheery, hypothetical, but Bastien's mind inevitably went to images of Rexanna, of Longnight, of the friends he'd seen ripped apart--he made himself focus instead on the drawing she showed.

He was used to seeing all kinds of angles and parts of his body when he was shown a study, but this had to be the first time he'd seen such a lovingly detailed sketch of his knee bones (this feels like a cruel joke honey are you trying to remind me of my fucked knee bones). "Well. Truly unique, if quite...academic. Do you ever take a break from your work, Isla?" Bastien teased.

At least she had heard about Wessex's stepping down; that would make the next question easier. Glancing down to her, Bastien continued: "Well. I have been talking with Wessex...she would like to remain in some part advisor or General, but...I may be taking on the day to day leadership here. However, I am not opposed to partners, and I have heard you not only care about the people, you are very capable in your care."
Some people can't get success with their art
Some people never feel love in their heart
Some people can't tell the two things apart
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081

(oh god oh fuck I should have just sketched his dick, I'm sorry!) "Neither am I. I can do what I need to in a pinch, but I'll always be a medic at heart, I suppose," Isla agrees. The past LongNight proved that she could fight if she was forced to, but given a choice she'd always much prefer to be in the infirmary to take care of those coming off the battlefield. She follows Bastien's gaze down to her work, a bright and bashful smile tugging at her lips to hear his remarks.

"I have been told that I am a workaholic," she admits. "Whilst it may be academic, having you model has been very useful nonetheless. I could sketch your whole skeleton given enough time." And she might just ask to.

What he says next, though, blindsides her enough to have her jaw softly dropping, Isla raising her brows up at him. "I have never gone seeking leadership," she says, brushing a lock of hair out of her face. "What help would you need...?"

Isla
the flesh is weak
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Age: 41 | Height: 6' 2" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
BASTIEN
"Medics have a vital role on a battlefield. You do Ascended medicine? Our bodies are so different..." He idly commented, wondering how Isla had learned to effectively work with bodies that healed themselves swiftly and efficiently, that were so fine tuned on the inside. Being able to see within was certainly a good first step, but he was sure he'd have no idea with where to start fiddling with the Voice's craft.

Bastien had never had someone offer to draw his skeleton; had this been a couple of years earlier he may have been offended at her disregard for the perfectly good body he had over his bones, but now he just laughed and gestured with open palms down his torso and legs. "Please."

The surprise on her face made him smile. "That's why I think you're suited for it. I'd ask you to help me make decisions. Decide what is best for the people here. Help me carry out the things we agree on." An equal partnership.
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

"Mm, that was my previous profession, in fact - a field medic. It is still strange to have a permanent place of work," Isla admits with a smile, nodding in response to Bastien's question. "It's still very new to me, but yes - I've been mapping our systems and the way our bodies function, so I can make a comparison with the anatomy that I already know. The majority of those in the Hollowed Grounds are Ascended these days, so I feel I should try and help us as much as possible."

Which leads, funnily enough, into the topic of conversation that Bastien has breached. Isla nods and settles herself as he gives the affirmative that she might draw out his skeleton, the medic readying a fresh piece of parchment to begin while they talk. A blush silvers her cheeks, and she smiles at the paper now rather than at the man before her. "To be clear, you are asking me lead the Hollowed Grounds with you?" To be a queen, effectively?

"I... well. I am not so much of a public persona, to be sure. I won't be any use for rousing speeches or cutting ribbons. But if you need help and I can provide it, then... I will do whatever I can."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
"You must be very brave." Bastien commented, a rare moment of sombre seriousness; he'd known soldiers and medics that had come back from wars in Europe and had never left the battlefield behind. Many of them came to his sanctuary to paint and try to empty their memories and they were not always successful. He was sure Isla had her share of traumas, but she hid them well.

He considered what she was saying, that they had entirely new anatomies...Bastien was sure there would be those in the Grounds that found that disturbing, but he found it fascinating. "Have you learnt anything especially interesting?"

Still nude as ever, he used the break in drawings to stretch and tilt his head side to side; Ascended didn't get stiff, as such, but it just felt like something he ought to do. Settling back into a forward facing standing pose, he nodded. "Yes. That is, if Wessex decides I am suitable to be her successor." Bastien still wasn't sure if she would or not; it was always hard to get a read on the wraith. "Don't worry - my ego will mean I must make all speeches."
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:

"I am very practical," Isla corrects with a soft smile, glancing up at Bastien. "Medics who lose their cool on the battlefield can be more dangerous than soldiers who do the same. But thank you." It's true that her traumas are hidden well, and when they do come out, it isn't in any sort of screaming breakdown. But that is best left under wraps when they are discussing Ascended anatomy and the future of the Hollowed Grounds.

She gives him time to switch position before she starts sketching anew, her curiosity kindled afresh by her fellow potential leader's questions. "Quite a few things in fact," she murmurs. "Since we're on the subject of bones, though, I discovered that our bones are coated in something metallic. It probably allows us to perform the feats of speed without damaging our bodies."

Isla looks up once more as Bastien confirms it, offering him a quiet nod. "Then I accept, should the situation arise. With luck we can make the Grounds a more comfortable place for everyone."

Isla
the flesh is weak
Bastien De Rosieres
the Dionysian

Change author:
BASTIEN
Bastien smiled softly and didn't argue, but he still felt bravery had an awful lot to do with it. He knew for a matter of fact he would leave an active battlefield, unable to handle the devastation around him (something that did cause him concern, given what was apparently laying in their futures).

That his bones were coated in a metallic surface was news to Bastien, who, true to form, immediately wondered if they were aesthetically pleasing. Did they shimmer and sparkle in the light, or was it more of a dull sheen? There wasn't a way to find out without making some gruesome research endeavours (or asking the Voice, he supposed), so he would choose to believe he had a wondrously glittery skeleton. "I see...it is perhaps macabre, but if you ever have a chance to see inside an Ascended body, I would be interested."

Thing was, since they didn't die of old age or disease, it would have to be a tragedy. One that he supposed could be coming on the horizon. Maybe he'd get his wish sooner than he thought or wanted.

Isla accepted his offer and what had been a soft smile became a grin. Maybe it was odd to do this while naked, but he reached down to shake her hand. "Then we will be a brilliant team, I am sure. Thank you."

{FIN}
But I keep rollin' on
Base Code by Sky!