Age: 36 | Height: 6'4 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship:
Level: 0 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AEDION
the moral of the story is,
i will gut you if i need to.
As he sits himself, Isla is moving. His steel eyes watch her movements as she gathered things before pausing. He can’t help himself from being the slightest bit wary, but the fact that he’s somewhat gotten better during the walk and she hadn’t taken advantage of him falling from the damned sky relieves some of the worry. She begins to speak again, and he listens intently – curious despite just arriving, what sits on the other side of the barrier. “Hmm.” He echoes, uncertain what else to ask. What kind of vibrant forest they speak of – if it were like the ones from back home that glimmered in shades of the rainbow once the darkness had been dispersed from each and every tree. Yet he nods as she speaks of a group of others ready to storm the castle, so to speak.

Perhaps I’ll go look when it’s light out.” He mentions, his newness shining bright. He has no idea what the sun would do to him, and it clearly shows as he speaks. But she’s moving again, to sit in a chair across from him and leans toward him, speaking again. His brows furrow together slightly at her instructions, uncertain what exactly she means. Was it like his magic from before? What if he pulled too hard and shifted and was stuck in the other form? He’s found, even in his short time, that hands are quite useful and he’s not ready to give them up yet. Still, he nods to her, wondering that if she’s a doctor and he gets stuck she might be able to fix it.

He leans back against the bed, closing his eyes and pulling at that familiar string that he had associated to magic in the past. Only this time, nothing happens. Instead, he finds a suggestion that he might want to rest, that his arm and left hand side need to patch up the scrapes and bruising likely due to his fall. His brows furrow again in confusion, such a strange feeling with the readings. Was he a machine? Was he a monster? It distresses him enough that he opens his eyes and glances back to Isla with another weary, fanged half smile. “Uh, says it should be mostly fine by the morning. My arm and side mostly damaged, likely from the fall.” He offers awkwardly, not sure what to do with his hands. But he rolls up his sleeves, eyeing the scratches that are slowly healing – not exactly sure what kind of liquid has seeped into his sleeve.

It certainly doesn’t look like blood. And he hadn’t felt it when it happened. He remembers asking Isla what an Ascended was, how it was like a human but better in some ways. And Aedion grows concerned with the idea of what that entails. “This is a lot to get used to.” He admits with a huff of a sigh, closing his eyes and pinching the bridge of his nose.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
ISLA
evil is a point of view
Isla frowned gently as he spoke of the Spire, of seeing it in the daylight, of a danger he couldn't possibly be aware of yet. "Be careful," she told him gently. "One of the few downsides of being an Ascended is an intolerance to sunlight. The fluid that acts in place of blood is... volatile, I suppose you could say. Don't be out in the day if you can help it." Or you might explode begged to follow that recommendation, but Isla didn't really want to bring that up quite so directly.

And besides, there was more yet to do, and as he lay back on the bed the medic rose to her feet, in case there were any other injuries he had sustained that she hadn't noticed. A smile ghosted across her face as he showed signs of being successful in reading his body, Isla nodding to him and following his gaze to his injured arm. "That is the fluid I spoke about," she murmured, nodding at the clear-ish substance weeping from the scrapes. "But you ought to heal quite quickly."

It was a lot. And no matter how gentle and patient Isla was about phrasing it, it would always be a lot. She sighed and nodded in agreement. "You are welcome to stay here for now. For a few days, or until you find your feet. When you're well rested, I can take you somewhere that might help to answer some of your questions."
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
His gaze narrows on her slightly to focus more in the dark lighting as she warns him of the sunlight. ‘Of course…’ He thinks, growing a bit upset at not being able to feel the sun in his fingers and on his face. He supposes it is safer that way, and perhaps at some point there might be an advantage to a lifetime of darkness. Gods knew he was used to it, so why not return to those roots here. Regardless, he nods to her in understanding – not willing to tempt fate despite the surprise at being mostly put together after colliding with a stone statue.

When he sits up, and explains what she’s seen and peeks at his wounds, he nods to her again. “It’s… strange.” He finally grinds out, pulling his sleeve back down to hide the strangeness and odd feeling he gets in the pit of his stomach. “That’s good, though.” He admits, tilting his head slightly in response to healing quickly. Certainly, it would take at least a week back home to fix an issue such as this – for it to heal and scab and be done, leaving behind a pale band of scars. But after what he’s just witnessed, it appears to him as though it’ll be done soon. He’s not sure if that comforts him more or worries him.

But Isla is speaking again, and his steel eyes drift back to her face as she tells him there’s a place that could help him find answers. He gnaws on the inside of his cheek as he contemplates the offer, but eventually nods. “Thank you.” He begins, his deep voice sounding almost wary and tired. “I would like that.” He’s surprised at the shift in character for him – before having known everything about the world he’d lived in, trying to explain what had happened to all the others that were new. It was strange to be on the other side of that – to be an outsider in a strange new world. Perhaps he didn’t give the newcomers in the Rift as much credit as they were due.

Perhaps he had been too blinded by rage and vengeance to care about the strength it took to start over. Sighing quietly, he looks away from Isla with an uncertain look upon his face. “I should be fine by tomorrow. I don’t want to be too much of an inconvenience.” He admits, that uncertain look washing away from his face and replaced with a fanged half smile.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
"A good strange," Isla agreed with a light smile, stepping back once more as he pulled his sleeve down. The scrapes would need very little help from her, as Aedion would already know by analysing his own injuries. "You have only just gotten here. I'd be more concerned if you thought this normal, honestly," she admitted, sinking back down onto her chair and sighing. "I have only been this way myself for a short while, and I was able to adjust fairly quickly."

For now it was best for him to rest and sleep, though Isla did nod as he agreed to let her show him around. "An inconvenience? You're in an infirmary. I don't think you can ever count as an inconvenience. If I take you to find your answers tomorrow and you feel comfortable, obviously I can't force you to stay anywhere. But you're welcome here for as long as you need."
Aedion Reszo

Change author:
AEDION
His eyes drift back to her as she speaks again, his dark brows lifting slightly as he watches her face in the dark light. “I’ve seen a few things believe it or not.” He admits with a quiet, tired chuckle. “But this is definitely at the top of the list if I’m being honest.” He offers with a light shrug, careful to not shift his arm too much to cause the repairing to slow. But his brows raise slightly at her mentioning it was new to her as well. “Have you just arrived here then?” He questions, wondering if everyone here was like them.

What kind of society that would make, but at least he doesn’t feel so alone if that is true. At least she’s here, and she’s been incredibly helpful thus far. It’s the least he can say for all the overwhelming information that she’s giving him. And he watches as she nods to his words, accepting her offer to learn more about him and this sudden change. She mentions that he’s in an infirmary, and he’s not entirely sure what it means fully, but he can guess. A small awkward laugh slips through his lips and he shakes his head to her, almost embarrassed.

Sounds like a brilliant plan, Isla.” He says quietly, turning to look back up at her as he runs a hand through his disheveled hair. “I can’t wait.
i will carve my way out,
with only my teeth.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
ISLA
evil is a point of view
"Oh?" Isla offered a somewhat crooked smile in return at hearing that he had seen some things of his own, not that she was inclined to disbelieve him at all. They had all seen things, she had learned from the Outlanders of this place - and the Naturals, too. It was just the calibre of what they had seen that changed. Some traumas were mundane, while others were more of the supernatural ilk.

She nodded in response to his question. "Yes, I arrived... just as the leaves began to fall from the trees, I think," she murmured. "I wasn't... like this, then. But there are deities here, at least that's what they call them. I asked to become this and the goddess - the Voice, she calls herself - helped me to change. That is who we will be visiting tomorrow."

Hopefully, anyway. She couldn't guarantee that anyone would answer the call. Smiling warmly once more to Aedion, she nodded. "You can stay in this room for now, if you like. It's late and it should hopefully stay quiet. Should let you get some rest."