we all burn to the ground
Isla!!!
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Blame it on days in the places they made for the people just like me
She keeps a hold of his hand and he watches her curiously as she lifts it up, both hands rounding to clasp it and apply pressure. “It’s… Duller, but still there, yeah.” He says, brows pinching together as he considers it. His other hand moves over toward where she holds his metal arm, his gaze drifting between the two of them. “It’s like… Wearing a thick jacket.” Where you could feel the pokes and prodding but not as if it were against his actual skin coated arm.

Not that he was complaining, of course, it made it that much easier to be a soldier when he didn’t feel as well there.

She releases him though and his hand moves back to lean back on as he regards her, a hum of laughter leaving him. “Oh, forgive me for being rusty at it. I’ve only spent three hundred years under a bush.” The equivalent of living under a rock for decades could be said. But the smile is still crooked, still fanged and playful as his gaze dances along her face. “How much deeper are you looking for? You’ve already introduced me to a book that’s both quite up my alley and yours.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

"Sounds interesting, especially given how limited our feeling is to begin with," she says softly; as much as Isla enjoys this banter of theirs and as much as she wants to keep up the haughty act she's putting on, curiosity will always get the better of her. And she glances between both of his arms too, when he holds them up, resisting the urge to gather up a few more of her tools that she might be able to do a little more in depth analysis.

The whole three hundred years under a bush thing is enough to bring a laugh bubbling up in her throat, a silvery blush colouring her cheeks as she glances across at him. "Oh, alright. That's actually a very good point - sorry," she says, and she means it. Not only that - he makes a good point too, Isla nodding a bit. "Well, we'll see whether you accidentally ruined the ending first," she murmurs. "Do you want to borrow it after I'm done?"
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Varus Callahan

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
It’ll take some getting used to.” He agrees with an amused smile. “At least I’ve got an arm now so I’m whole again.” He winks, before he’s settling back and resting on the metal arm, letting the pieces shift and flex as he applies weight to it. Her smile chimes in his ears and it draws a softer smile to his face, something that seems to suggest that she doesn’t need to apologize. “Don’t be.” He offers her with a soft laugh.

Gods, of course I want to read it when you’re done.” He chimes as he leans in to bump his shoulder against hers, pulling back to lean forward and grab the book to hand it to her. “I might be taking a trip soon, so, you’ll be able to take your time with it.” Another wink is offered before his gaze drops down to the cover of the book once more.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
when it's just the two of us, only the two of us
"Now, now. You were whole even without it - don't place the value of yourself on having an arm," Isla jests to him, knowing full well what he means and choosing to deliberately misinterpret it. Their shoulders knock together and it feels comfortable, casual but not, and she considers his words with a sly look towards the book. "Well, perhaps I'll finish it before you go, and you can take it with you to read. On your trip."

She wishes she didn't feel a little stab of something sad to hear that he's going away. It isn't that Isla is the sort to pine and fall apart on her own; she's very much the independent type, but she'd be lying to say she hasn't enjoyed having someone around to chat to on occasion. What a life, realising how few friends you really have. "Where are you going?" she wonders.
i could die
Isla
Varus Callahan

Change author:
Isla’s jesting does misinterpret what he means, but he flashes her a soft smile with it as he bumps his shoulder into hers. “It’s a cool metal arm now, though.” He rumbles, a bit amused, before she gives the book a sly look. The offer of her speeding through it so he can read it on his own little travel has him humming a soft laugh, his gaze drifting toward the rest of the darkened room. “Sure. Then when I come back we could go over what we thought of it.” He suggests, letting his gaze drift back to her.

But her question is aired and he wonders if it’s because she might miss the company he’s giving her – something he hasn’t thought about in some time. It’s a curious sort of sweetness that has him pausing before he speaks, shifting to lean forward again on the treatment bed. “Plan on taking a trip to Torchline for a little bit. Spend some time by the ocean.” He pauses, flashing her a crookedly fanged smirk. “I prefer visiting during the hottest time of year for them given that we can’t feel how hot it is.” No need to sweat through the night, the ability to enjoy the bonfires along the beach in the night, the bioluminescence that coats the shores in a faint blue glow.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"It is a cool metal arm," Isla concedes with a rather girlish smile in his direction. "And it's a deal, then. I'd better get speeding through it so I can confirm whether or not it's the husband. Not to you, though. I'll let you find that out on your own." So saying, she reaches across him to take the book again, and it takes a lot of effort not to glare at the page he's folded the corner down on (it's blasphemy in her eyes).

It's a surprise to hear that he's headed to Torchline - Isla will be going as well soon enough, not that she's aware of it - and she tilts her head to him. "I didn't realise you enjoyed the water," she says softly, having to stop herself from asking if he knows anyone there - because he might have, once upon a time. But not now. "Well, I hope you have a good time. Don't walk too far into the ocean."
i could die
Isla
Varus Callahan

Change author:
I can’t wait.” He offers her with a crooked smile, leaning back slightly as she reaches over to grab the book. He doesn’t know how she might glare at the page he’s folded, given she’s quite good at hiding it when she tilts her head to him. “Oh, I do. Spent a lot of time at the Oasis as a boy.” A snort leaves him at the recollection. “Torchline was always my summer haunt, though. It’s too pretty there not to be.” He raises a brow toward her as if giving her an opening to argue.

He’d handle that debate quite well, he thinks.

As for having a good time and not walking too far into the ocean? He hums a laugh, nodding. “I should. Met a kid out in King’s End that lives there, I think. I gotta go give him a bad time.” He tips a wink in Isla’s direction before he’s pushing off the bed to stand, stretching out the metal arm far above his head, before he turns back to Isla and reaches beside her to grab the shirt he’s discarded. “I won’t be gone too long, though. This mug'll be bothering you soon enough.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
"I haven't been to Torchline all that much," Isla confesses. "When I did visit, though, it was certainly beautiful." All one time, anyway. And she doesn't know why, but the thought of Varus as a boy brings an unexpected smile to her lips - one that she tries to stifle as best she can. "Bring me back a shell, or something," she suggests, giving him a gentle nudge as she rises to her feet as well. While he puts his shirt back on, she tucks the book under her arm and collects up the rest of her tools.

"A hard time? You're such a charmer," she all but drawls, before stepping past him to the door. And if she's looking forward to seeing that mug of his again soon? That's between Isla and her thoughts, thank you very much. "Enjoy your trip, Cal. See you soon." She smiles, before she's gone back into the clinic.

~FIN
i could die
Isla