{SE} I've Been To The Edge
For Remi
Eryx Pennington
Dragoon

Age: 28 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 10 - Int:
LYRA - Mythical - Dragon (Lightning)
Played by: Rosebud Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
anything's possible if you've got enough nerve
After six months of being in Caido, Eryx was still exploring much of Stormbreak. He had never left the this part of the world and while curious about what it was like in the rest of Caido, he still had plenty in Stormbreak that he had yet to see. He had started using his days off to do just that, explore.

Today he found his way heading in the direction of the cliffs. Lyra flew in slow, swooping arcs near him. The weather was getting warmer and it wasn't long into the hike before he started to sweat, wiping his brow with the back of his arm. With the sound of the water splashing against the bottom of the cliffs, he found himself wishing he could just leap into the cool water.
ERYX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
he said "i bet you don't remember me"
Standing on the cliff's edge with tawny wings spread wide from his back that his pale feathers might take in what little breeze there is, not unlike Eryx there's already sweat beading on Remi's brow and down his spine. It's nothing like Torchline, but after a few months spent in Stormbreak the alchemist seems to have lost what little resistance he built up against the sun. His pale sea-glass stare is partially veiled by the way he squints, and though he has a hand raised as if to shade his eyes, Remi casts no shadow at all.

With a thoughtful twist to his lips, the man known as the Lullaby peers down into the waters below as they thrash and crash against the jagged cliffside. There are many bodies below that have been swallowed up by the waves; he's seen them himself. Should they be left to their watery grave, or raised and given a proper burial? Was there any way of knowing who any of the bones belonged to now, after so long lost at sea?
THE ALCHEMIST
and i said, "only every other memory".
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Eryx Pennington
Dragoon

Age: 28 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
As Eryx walked further along the cliffs he caught sight of a figure not too far away. The sight made him stop in his tracks. He instantly knew who the man was, even though he hadn't been here for long, he definitely was familiar with who the demi-gods were even if he had not yet spoken to them. Eryx was not a shy person by nature but he was certainly intimidated by how real and prevalent the Gods were in this world. To have demi-gods among them was both terrifying and awe-inspiring.

The man looked so striking standing there with those beautiful colored wings, the feathers stirred by the breeze. Eryx tentatively walked a little closer and, unsure of what he should do, he placed his hand on his chest and awkwardly did a half bow, half curtsy thing. "You're Remi, aren't you?" he said almost reverently.
ERYX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Both too strong and too naive to be as aware of his surroundings as he should be, it's only as Eryx makes his way quite close that Remi realizes he isn't alone. Glancing over his shoulder in time to watch the dragoon attempt a boy, immediately the alchemist winces and pivots, holding out his hands and shaking his head to try and make the younger man stop. "I am, yes." He replies in a rushed voice, his words thickly accented as he tries on a smile. "That is not necessary." For all his strength and infamy, Remi looks quite uncomfortable for having been recognized based on who and what he is.

'And you are?' His smile turns crooked and decidedly more genuine now. Remi's wings flex inward, tightening against his back. With as windy as it is on the cliffs, keeping them outstretched as he had been would only encourage the gusts to blow him over.
THE ALCHEMIST
Eryx Pennington
Dragoon

Change author:
A pink tinge filled the hollows of Eryx's cheeks as Remi told him that the reverence was unnecessary, feeling like a fool for now knowing how he should behave around the man. The confirmation of the man's identity made Eryx's palms feel a bit clammy with nerves just to be in his presence.

As the man's stunningly gorgeous wings tucked further against his back, Eryx admired their shape and color before chiding himself and turning his full attention back to the man. "Oh, I'm, um, Eryx. Eryx Pennington. I'm one of the dragoons," he explained clumsily.
ERYX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
(AHHH I MISSED THIS SO SORRRRRRY)

Remi's smile is boyish and warm as he attempts to make it seem as though he hasn't noticed Eryx's awkwardness. "The dragoons?" Briefly his eyes flit up to Lyra, and he nods with sudden understanding. Chuckling as he looks back down to the man before him, Remi ruffles a hand through his curls before folding his arms comfortably across his chest. "Ronin is my husband." He explains; Ronin Taliesin, the demigod and leader of the dragoons. "If you are ever in a tight spot with him, food will go a long way of getting you out of any mess." Remi adds with a wink and broad smile.

Turning back toward the edge of the cliff, the alchemist nods over his shoulder that Eryx might come and join him. "It is hard to see from here...but down below in the water is a veritable graveyard." The warmth is gone from Remi's voice now, as he frowns into the bluffs below. "I have always wondered if it is worth trying to recover the skeletons or...if they are better left where they are."
THE ALCHEMIST
Eryx Pennington
Dragoon

Change author:
That was news to him. He knew Ronin of course, at least to the extent that a newbie can know their leader and he knew of Remi but he had never heard that the two of them were married. Either he had somehow missed the information or he simply hadn't been paying attention. He instantly felt like both men were very lucky. Not only were both of them insanely attractive and should feel lucky they ended up with someone so attractive but they also lived somewhere that they could be married at all.

A stirring of jealousy pricked at his chest until he remembered that he also lived here now and that if he found a man he wanted to marry, he actually could do so now. It wasn't something he had thought of yet and he couldn't help but smiling at the idea. He just hoped that Remi and Ronin knew how lucky they were. Eryx had nothing but admiration for the two of them.

He chuckled as Remi offered the tip about food when it came to the leader of the dragoons. "I'll have to remember that, thanks," he said with a grin.

He made his way over to Remi, his heart still pounding to be so close to the demi god. He really wanted to see how those wings felt but he would never dare to touch him. He looked down at the water when the man explained what was below the waves. It was unnerving to think about how many might be below the water.

"That's hard to say," he replied thoughtfully. "Though I imagine that a memorial might be the better way to go. One with their names engraved on it, if their names are known..." he suggested.
ERYX
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
"Mmmm." With a thoughtful hum, Remi's eyes narrow as if he might somehow pierce the depths with his gaze alone and see to the bottom. 'I have wondered if Ludo might be of any help, but once the dead are dead...the herald takes little interest in them." That might imply that Remi as the Lullaby ought to take a similar stance. If his grave expression and wandering eyes were any indication, that wasn't the case.

"Ahh, sorry." He mumbles apologetically, straightening and turning back to the dragoon. "What a terrible way to start a conversation." Ruffling a hand with a sort of boyish bemusement, Remi turns away from the sea that he might regard Eryx properly. "Are you from here? Stormbreak?"
THE ALCHEMIST