knowing me, knowing you
Seren

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

What comes next, at first, is a boiling jet of water.

The geyster erupts, engulfing the icy shell and propelling it up and up and up into the air. It's all but lost in the surge of water, but then something shoots out of the geyser after it.

Where did it come from? Perhaps from the deep depths of Apopo, where veins of magma still flow and breathe. Either way, isn't this fortuitous!

When the jet of water ends, there is no shell left. But a tiny hatchling with scales a blue so dark as to almost mimic midnight scrabbles upon the stone, soaking wet and with steam billowing from his nostrils. He doesn't look pleased.

Seren has obtained a dragon companion!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Fall on me with open arms. Fall on me from where you are
The girl threw up her arms and whooped in delight as the plume of water cascaded up into the air. The shower it rained down over them was hot, but fortunately not enough to scald skin. But in the midst of glittering water and billowing fog, her eyes caught sight of something dark. Eyes going wide, she tried to follow its descent, terrified of the idea of losing track of it.

But there was no reason to fret. Even when the water went away, her mother's gift remained. Small and drenched and grumpy, the dragon she had longed for was there. Right before her. For a heartbeat, she was frozen to the spot, bewildered beyond the ability to think of what to do.

Then the geyser rumbled again, and her feet reacted before the mind had time to finish drawing up a plan. Dashing in as fast as she could without slipping on the wet rock, she reached out and grabbed the hatchling, and shot back towards her father. Just in time, before the water cascaded up again.

"Close call, tiny," she cooed. "One shower is enough for a day, wouldn't you say?" Holding the little creature up in her hands to look it over, she found eyes like molted silver staring back at her. Furiously at first, as claws and wings flapped and scratched to be free from the grip. But then... they softened. And the girl breathed in when something other touched her soul. For a dizzying moment she could see herself from the outside, towering and pale with a shock of black tangled hair and eyes that were looking back at a creature that was small but fierce, blue as midnight and the deepest part of the ocean where shadows melded together and could darken no further.

"Umbra... " she murmured absently, and turned to Ronin; her pupils were wide enough to almost swallow the irises. Then she shook her head, and eased her grip; the dragon scrabbled up onto her shoulders and peered out at the big-dark-star-man from under the cover of her hair. "His name is Umbra, father. Isn't he beautiful?"
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
run away and take me with you
Ronin's eyes are wide as well as he watches the water explode upwards, as they're drenched in hot water that soon cools down (a blessing, with the heat of the day). But he doesn't notice the wiggling, angry little hatchling, which is precisely why it belongs to Seren and not himself. She scrabbles forward while he's still grinning broadly, and he doesn't have time to reach for her before she's collecting something up and dashing back to him.

"What is... oh!" His smile softens and he tilts his head, examining the midnight blue little reptile as he first tries to escape, and then tries to hide. From above comes a trill from another, paler form - Sugar's interest has obviously been piqued, and she swoops down to land about Ronin's shoulders. At her full size she's only as large as the smallest housecat, and he wonders if this little one will be the same.

"He is beautiful," Ronin agrees. "And he seems very comfortable with you so far."
don't let go, i need your rescue

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
The call of the white one made the hatchling swell visibly. Torn between fear and intrigue, his attention divided between man and dragon until both could be observed at once. A warbling trill was returned, tentative and questioning; what the hell was going on here?

Seren hardly dared breathe, in case it would startle the youngling. Long scratches along her underarms stung and itched, but she had no time for them yet. Pulling her hair away, she twisted and turned so she could observe the dragon closer. Already the size of a half-grown cat, he had oversized paws that looked dexterious and agile, and wings that flopped about in an ungainly way across her shoulders. A clumsy puppy to Sugar's elegant cat. "He really is... Is that unusual?" she asked. "I think he's going to grow big..."

Catching a glimpse of silvery horns on the wedge-shaped head, she reached up and let her fingers trace the side of the reptile. Warm and supple under her touch, the dragon recoiled at first, but not far, and not for long; soon he was leaning into it, and the spined tail coiled this way and that in contentment.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
run away and take me with you
Sugar - as is Sugar's way - begins conversation by leaning out her slender neck from Ronin's shoulders, attempting to sniff and nose her way towards Seren without actually leaving her bonded. Forgiving on this occasion, Ronin steps closer and smirks, thoroughly enjoying watching Seren interact with her own companion. Once she's close enough, Sugar huffs out a cold breath, her ribbon-like tail coiling about the Star's neck to keep leverage.

"Not so much," he says of it being unusual. "I think it's a good sign that you're meant to be together. And I think you're right about his size - look at those claws!" Beaming, Ronin steps back to stop Sugar from overwhelming the hatchling, and beckons for Seren to lead the way away from the geyser before it erupts again. "Come on, let's go get a drink at the Hanged Man to celebrate. I don't think he'll be able to ride on your shoulders for long."
don't let go, i need your rescue

RONIN
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
A little overwhelmed from all the new sensations that streamed between herself and the hatchling, Seren merely listened and nodded to the reply. She watched - and felt - how Umbra sniffed the air, tasting Sugar's cold breath with a forked tongue and responded in kind with a wisp of flame. Blue-edged and too hot in the already warm air, it smelled distinctly of sulfur and made the girl grimace slightly. "I hope you are right," she murmured, with quiet happiness shimmering over her face.

Careful not to disturb the dragons more than necessary as they made their acquaintance, Seren fell in beside her father as they headed back towards the town. "A drink sounds good," she nodded. "And you can tell me everything I need to know about raising dragons..." A crash course was needed now, and fast. It was a good thing that she loved to learn.

- FIN
Seren