God Quest that's when something wild calls you home
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith
General of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 61 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 61 - Luck: 58 - Int: 2
LOKI - Mythical - Dragon (Energy Blast)
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
WESSEX
the wraith
Her disc has failed and succeeded and seen a Deepfrost Shield’s blade. Wessex has sent it to Torchline, through the Labryinth and into the snow in Halo, held it in her hand and felt its weight, its balance, the way it whistles softly through the air.

Clutching the item in her hand, the demigod approaches the Temple shrine and places the scale-turned-weapon in front of her, the clatter of it on the platform echoing in the quiet stillness of the air around her. The night outside is heavy with budding heat but she does not feel the way it keeps non-Ascended in their beds, or on the roof, or in the gardens, sleeping where a breeze can reach them. The night gives them privacy.

Stepping back from the platform, Wessex clasps her hands behind her and speaks to her Goddess. “All my tasks for the discus  have been completed, Lady.”  

-------------------
Wessex is turning in her quest from when the sun rises

1. Use the discus on a flora/fauna successfully
-- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=5350&pid=98431#pid98431
2. Use the discus on a flora/fauna unsuccessfully
-- https://cotf-rpg.com/showthread.php?tid=5312&pid=94428#pid94428
3. Use the discus in a training session.
-- {Training} in our struggles we were not the only ones
she's pullin' the trigger
cause it's me and the moon, she says
and i have no trouble with that

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Other
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
the devil is not as black as he is painted
"So many memories, in this place."

The Voice's words ring out as if they have been spoken from one of the corners, and yet she appears in a shower of sparks before her first ascended light. "So much done here. Blood washed away, and yet still..." Not unlike how luminol works in other worlds, the Voice raises an arm, and with it her light. Suddenly the room is aglow with blood that once was; and still is, for those who can see it.

Deeply she sighs, before turning back to Wessex. "You have done well. Do you enjoy this, as a weapon?"

Wessex has received:

Leviathan Chakram (Upgraded) : An unbreakable chakram created from the scale of a leviathan by the Voice. With razor-sharp edges, this discus will always return to the hand of whoever throws it, and will always do so without injuring the hands of the thrower.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Age: 47 | Height: 5'8'' | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
It isn’t what she expects the Voice to open with - and then Wessex catches herself with a mental reprimand that she really shouldn’t expect anything of her Lady. Any predictability, other than caring and kindness towards her children, should actually probably be alarming.

Still, she isn’t expecting to see this.

And then to be asked if she enjoys the discus - turned chakram, which, make no mistake, her eyes brighten at the sight of it and she smiles in a way that feels so out of sorts in the solemnity of what a blood-washed scene should feel like. “I do,” Wessex replies eagerly. “It’s fun in the way that the bow and blade aren’t. Exotic.” Novel. And the Wraith is all about the new experiences.

“This -” she nods towards the blood. “Was it over the years? Or a single incident?”

Change author:
The Voice nods. "To have something return to your hand...to hear the metal sing in a way arrows don't, and that swords only manage in shallow arcs..." She smiles, pleased that Wessex is as enamoured with the object as she is. 'I hope you don't mind the change. It will be so much more efficient this way." The Voice murmurs, before turning her eyes back to the glittery horrors written in glowing blue on the walls around them.

"Over the years." She confirms. "Though I wouldn't be surprised if a single incident added this much in its own right." Waving a hand, the phantom blood disappears. "One day, when the fighting is done and peace is at hand, we will demolish this place and start new." Her lips twitch. "I have always hated this temple most of all." It is the only place in existence where she and the HerAldS can be called upon from the same shrine.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
“Of course I don’t mind,” she answers with a broad grin, quickly brushing away the half-apology.. “When have you ever given me something that was not an improvement on what I had before?” All the upgrades, all the magic - all the nudges and reminders - they’ve all made Wessex better.

Tucking away the tidbit about making the Temple only for the Voice later on, (and she thinks that Bastien and Azrael will have a grand time designing something justfor their Lady) her gaze turns again from her Goddess to the blood and as it disappears her mind lingers on the the certainty of winning. “I’ve been getting a lot of questions about what’s coming - and the first war. What happened the first time? How do we fight it? Do I think we can win? Those sorts of things. Some I can answer - the why’s and what I think are easy. And I think Cal and I will be a good strategy and fighting team once we get to know each other well enough. But a lot of the time I just have to say I don’t know and like with the Monsters, we are strongest together. Neither of which are satisfactory answers.

Shrugging slightly, she looks back at the Voice. "Is there anything you can tell me that will help put their minds at ease?"

Change author:
The last time, the Voice was alone in her preparations. It was her against the world, and though there were some like Cal and Aamu in the early days, her flock had grown far larger than she ever might have thought possible. But now that meant there were things she was asked to share, knowledge she was hesitant to give. Not because she didn't trust Wessex, but because to understand the entirety of it all...it was simply too much for a mind not as vast as her own.

"When the time comes, before the fighting starts, I will bring everyone together. Until then, tell them that it will be hard. That some may indeed die. But we are being pushed into a corner. If the others do not believe you, have them ask those they know who are friendly with the old gods. Ask if there is a part of this world they might carve out for us. Ask if they might just understand that we are as much a part of Rae's creation as they are." Her jaw locks as she shakes her head. "Our only option is to fight. They will target me, and in so doing, all of you will fade if my light is snuffed out."

Sitting taller, the Voice raises her chin. "But we will be clever. We have always been more clever. Look at their champions—Remi can be killed by one he loves, which..." Her smile widens. "We have. The other is prideful and rash. Ronin can be easily trapped. Delphia, Mildew, Seren...they are weak. Amalia? She cannot kill, but nor has she been seen for weeks. And Phoebe? The one who heals with orgasms and makes childbirth painless?" The Voice laughs. "We are much stronger already, if only our family would see it."
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Her demigod knows all of what her Lady says about the world, of course, and some time after this, Wessex will be able to convince Bastien that this is really happening and Sam that others have made their choices and maybe, just maybe, he can do right by their family.

Parts about the other side’s weaknesses are new, however, and Wessex finds herself up to speed again, unaware about Remi’s weakness, Phoebe’s return, Amalia’s disappearance, or even that Seren is in the picture (but of course she is, even if the Wraith still pictures her as a child). “Thank you. I think - I hope those kinds of specifics will help.” Repeated only into the right ears, of course.

“Speaking of clever - we’re so close to completing the Quest. Just one more thing. Hopefully next time I see you it will be because we’ve succeeded.” Raising her chin to mirror her Lady, Wessex looks every inch like the determined woman that she is, ready to achieve the improbable. "Our non-Ascended friends are proving quite useful."

Change author:
The Voice nods her approval that Wessex and the rest of their family have been able to reap the benefit of non-ascended ties. "I am glad to hear it. With all the Order have been plotting and doing lately it will be good to keep them away from the homes of our family. With the Order meddling about in Torchline, hopefully it will not be too much longer before you have done all you need. Then again...if they are not using portals, why not invite one of them to meet with you in the Grounds? Ronin, perhaps. He will undoubtedly use his compass to meet with you."

Shrugging slightly, the Voice will leave the culmination of the quest up to Wessex.
Wessex Theskyra
the Wraith

Change author:
WESSEX
the wraith
Welp. That’s something she honestly hadn’t thought about, partly because Wessex had forgotten that Ronin had made a public declaration about not using portals and partly because she thought that some sort of elaborate trickery would need to be involved, as opposed to something as simple as asking to meet. Her face falls as she realizes this and the demigod nods, wincing slightly.

“I hadn’t thought of something so simple.” But now that she has the suggestion, there is much to think on about playing her cards right for this. “Is there anything else?” Turning her gaze back towards the goddess, though her plate is full of many things, she would happily add whatever her Lady needs to the list.

Change author:
"The Order tends to make things overly complicated. I try not to make the same mistake." The Voice replies with a small smile.

"Nothing for now. Though the Grounds need to be sorted out...what you intend to do, or not do." Nodding toward Wessex's head as if her crown was a real thing, the Voice folds her hands in her lap. "More than training, more than weapons, we need to know where we stand as a family. Torchline has all but pledged herself to Safrin...but so many of our family live there. And Halo? Morgan's contributions during LongNight were noteworthy, and yet she still remains neutral...but does the rest of Halo feel the same?" Pausing, the electricity in her eyes flits and starts for a moment as she sighs.

"Those like Samuel and Isla...their campaign for peace...it is admirable to be sure, but if this war proceeds despite their efforts and I am struck down? All the ascended will fall with me. Be sure that they understand that."

Rising, she offers herself that Wessex might drink her fill and be replenished. "We will speak soon." She assures her Wraith, before disappearing.

~FIN

Wessex's side wide plot tasks have been given in discord!