A new friend?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah wandered through the Wildwood happily. The sound of the leaves above rustling in the wind and the smell of damp earth that always seemed to be present in a forest, all soothed him. They were a much needed change of pace from the hustle and bustle of civilization. Given that it was his first time here, Sah was sticking to a trail that had been marked so as not to get lost. Even so he kept finding himself going off the trail every once in awhile. Never far enough to lose sight of the path, but far enough to explore further. It was just too tempting and the forest around him was far too intriguing for the canine to not meander.

As Sah made his way along the path he heard a rustle once more. Not in the leaves above, but up ahead. It seemed he wasn't alone. Unsure of whether the presence was friend or foe, he placed a hand on the hilt of his sword, ready to defend himself if need be.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427

Anju
He’s certainly not alone, but it is not the creature in front of him that he assumes is the sole audience. Anju, unfamiliar with traveling and reluctant to use portals in any way, had taken many weeks to find her way to the Greatwood at Ludo’s behest. Adventuring did not run in her blood. It was...strange, to move through so many unknown lands, force herself to communicate with strangers and guides alike. Yet here they are, the search for Delphia beginning at last.

Every moving body in the forest is examined. Most are Fae, who glower suspiciously at her from the trees and make no move to interact. That’s fine by Anju honestly. Riya scouts ahead, flying cheerily between the boughs and helping cover more ground. It is she who alerts Anju to the man in the woods, guiding her with gentle nudges of the bond between them. Stepping out from a thick tangle of bracken, Anju intentionally makes her steps heavier to alert the man to her presence; he is armed, as her sharp, trained eyes note, and Anju doesn’t fancy startling him. “What is it?” she asks instead, her own dark hand moving to her hilt in tandem, wondering if he had been pursuing a beast or wounded prey to inspire him to reach for his sword.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah heard the clear footsteps behind him as well as the soft whisper of wings above him. He felt his hackles raise, unknown entities on three sides did not bode well.  Sah glanced up to  see the dragon, just as Anju spoke up. Angling his body so that he could keep an eye on the bush, dragon, and new comer, he regarded Anju. Unsure of her intentions, he eyed her analytically and with mild trepidation. After a pause however he did indeed answer her inquiry.

"Not sure yet. I just heard a rustling of sorts. It sounded off compared to the rest of the forest background noise." He whispered, his eyes going to the bushes when the aforementioned sound came from the bush once more.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

Anju
The man’s regard is more animal than human, which perhaps makes it easier for her to meet it head on without her normal social awkwardness. There is intent here, a hunt on which to focus instead of normal bumbling niceties and small talk that Anju always inevitably fucks up. His attention returns to the foliage, and when his voice meets her ears she gives a soft hum of contemplation.

“We shall flush it out,” she declares simply. Sparing no thought for his potential confusion over the ‘we’ that truly does not include him, she sends the plan to Riya, who spirals down in a dramatic flourish of dark wings to skim the tops of the bushes behind whatever is lurking. A small threatening bit of fire licking in her mouth as added incentive, though it carefully remains there lest they start a forest fire.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah nodded, and catching the slight change in direction of the little dragon, quickly figured out the pair's plan. And is lack of participation. So instead, Sah stands ready in case whatever is hiding turns aggressive. As the small fire from the dragon casts a shadow on the bush and the scent of smoke reaches whatever is hiding within, a sharp whimper is heard.

A sound that Sah would recognize anywhere.  A pup in distress. Instinct rose to the surface and an inhuman snarl was torn from his throat without his regard, aimed at the small dragon in an effort to get it to stop with the fire. "Call off your dragon." He practically ordered Anju without even sparing her a glance. The small whimper was repeated and a little wolf puppy came bursting out. Eyes wide, tail tucked, their body spoke of terror.

Feeling his heart clench at the sight,  Sah completely forgot about the dragon and other human. Instead, focused on the fleeing pup, he let out a soothing rumble. Confused but recognizing the noise for what it was, the pup stumbled over its own paws as it sharply stopped running. Turning towards Sah and tilting it's head in the most adorable manner, it stared at the Abandoned. Sah could practically see the confused  gears in the pup's head turning over why and how a human was calling to it.  Trying not to chuckle, he got down to one knee and repeated the small call. And suddenly the former canine had a terrified wolf pup jumping into his arms.

The second the little wolf was fully in Sah's arms there was a odd tugging sensation and then the bond snapped to life. Foreign emotions of confusion, fading fear, and loneliness swamped Sah. Oh. This poor orphan pup. This pup was his. Sah sent back feelings of safety, assurance, and  affection. Immediately the little pup nuzzled into his chest, tension bleeding out of it. Peeking over Sah's shoulder, it still eyed the dragon warily, but its shaking had subsided. Sah glanced back at the stranger, protective instinct still rearing it's head. But it was overshadowed by sheepishness. "Ah...sorry for growling. But I think I just adopted a puppy." He gave a slightly embarrassed grin. No hard feelings?" Sah was still slightly tense, ready to defend himself and his new pup if needed.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:

Anju
The moment he snarls they are already diverting course, words of command unnecessary - Anju giving the man space while Riya soars higher, fire dying in her throat. They are both just animal enough to understand such signals and respect them. Riya flies to Anju’s side immediately, massive form protective now as her long neck snakes around the woman’s hip, watching as the stranger moves towards whatever is in the bush. They avert their eyes in unison when it becomes clear this is a Bonding. It is a precious and intimate thing, and neither will invade the privacy of such a moment.

Only when their attention is called again by human words do two pairs of golden eyes turn back to behold the newly tethered pair. Riya gives a happy draconian trill towards the wary pup, but Anju - the more reserved side of their coin - only gives an understanding, militaristic dip of her chin. “Congratulations - and no harm done. Bondings are emotionally intense.”

Deeming man and pup to be no danger to her own soulmate, Riya unfurls and gracefully swans over in a billow of wings to Sah’s side, neck arching inquisitively upward. Anju approaches more warily. “What shall you call them?”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Only in the dark of night
The little pup was still eyeing the dragon warily but perked up a bit at the trill. Her eyes turning curious instead fearful as she gives a small yip in reply. Sah has to close his eyes for a moment, still unused to the flood of emotions coming from the pup. Her confusion, curiosity, and fading fear practically humming in his veins. Taking a deep breath he's able to respond to the woman. "Intense indeed." He gives a grateful nod. "Thank you for understanding." Though her comprehension isn't much of a surprise given the presence of her own companion.

Now beginning to truly calm down, safe in her bonded's arms, the little pup only watches the dragon and Anju curiously as they approach. Sah has to bite the inside of his cheek to stop a growl from rumbling though his chest. His protectiveness towards his little friend still burning. The idea of a name for her does distract him enough to remain calm. Sah glances at the small pup in his arms, taking in her silver fur and the still-blue puppy eyes that were only just beginning to show hints of her natural eye color. If Sah had to guess, the pup's eyes would be a beautiful green. "I think I'll call her Lilly." He announced, a grin stretching across his face when the newly named Lilly wagged in response.

Still happily holding his pup Sah finally turned his attention on the woman and her dragon. "I guess introductions are in order given the past few minutes. I'm Sah."
Do the stars shine bright
Sah
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:

Anju
Not one for superfluous words, Anju merely dips her head again, understanding. She had bonded with Riya very young, had hardly known a life without her at all, and yet she still remembers the intensity of their souls meeting and irrevocably combining.

A name is a suitable distraction indeed, and the gender comes moments later which Anju appreciates. She does not prescribe to them wholly, too open-minded (or perhaps apathetic) but it's better than calling the young pup 'it' or some other insulting term. "Her fur certainly calls it to mind," she agrees, simplistic as was her way but complimentary all the same.

"We are Anju and Riya," she responds when he gives his name, tucking it away into her memory. Her hand gestures at herself and her dragon to make the distinction between names, as others often become confused by her manner of referring to herself and her dragon as 'we'. "Do you inhabit these woods?" Mahogany eyes glancing around at their surroundings, appraising and warily appreciative.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Only in the dark of night
Sah gave a nod, both at the small compliment and the introduction. The use of 'we' wasn't lost on him and although it piqued his curiosity, he didn't comment on it. Instead he took it as an indicator of the depth of the bond between Anju and Riya. Something that the pair should take pride in, and something Sah hoped to one day have with Lilly.

When Anju asked about whether he called the Wildwoods home, Sah sighed and shook his head. "No, but it is beautiful. It's a place that I wouldn't mind staying in." His tone held a hint of longing. Longing both for remaining in what was clearly a wild place, and for his own home-world forests. "I'm an Outlander but I live in Halo now." Sah stated simply, never one to hide who he was. What he was. Shaking of his melancholy, he returned the question. "Where are you from?"
Do the stars shine bright
Sah
Anju Rao
Captain

Change author:

Anju
At the man’s words she turns to view the forestry around them as if taking it in anew. “I must agree. Stormbreak is more stone than nature. I have never been an adventurer, but I would be inclined to live here if the option presented itself.” If she wasn’t so tied to the Dragoons, that is. Ludo’s quest, at least, had given Anju the possibility to broaden her horizons. Though her head tilts in curiosity at the mention of Halo.

“I have never been there. Only read of it. What is it like?” Perhaps she should visit, though she and Riya both dislike utilizing the portals. She would have to plot an appropriate course by land, and she has no familiarity with the surrounding areas to draw from. Riya shoved under her elbow to lean against Anju’s side, and the woman idly wraps her arm around the dragon’s chest in easy embrace. “We were born and raised in Stormbreak. This is the first I’ve ever left. Ludo sent me here on a mission.”
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
A fond smile comes the his face as Sah talks of his new home. "Halo is beautiful. It's all ice and snow but the sky is so clear and blue. It's amazing to look at the stars over the mountains. And the people are very generous surprisingly. They look out for each other, even to the point of welcoming a strange Outlander into their ranks without hesitation. I don't know what I'd have done without them." Truly what kind of people see an angry stranger and decide to welcome them in and give them a house? Sah had been so confused and off guard when he first appeared. He'd practically been lashing out and yet Noah had met him with understanding.

Sah raised a brow at the idea of a quest, pulled out of his thoughts. "A quest sent you out here? Wow. Ludo is the herald to Mort right? I'm still trying to keep all of the deities straight." Learning an entire new pantheon was an odd experience. At least Caido only had a few gods and not dozens.
do the stars
shine bright