{SE} Battle in the Snow Open
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah's brow furrowed as the other Abandoned spoke of her abilities. "Not necessarily. It might have one action, but not one use. You can harm someone, yes. But you can also protect others with it by removing threats." He stated simply, not wanting to pressure the woman into talking about it further if she didn't want to.

Sah hummed as Aino spoke of her family's situation. "I see." And he truly did. As leader of his pack, he knew full well the weight that came with leadership. With being responsible for the wellbeing, future, and happiness of loved ones. Of the constant stress, self-doubts, sacrifice, and more that often came up. As such Sah also knew the rewards and pride that came from leading well and keeping your family happy and safe. "Your mother is lucky to have you." He stated as clearly as any other fact.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
AINO

Aino huffed, in no need of being reassured by a boy on using magic. The look she threw him was not exactly irritated, but not appreciative either. "The intent does not change the fact that it causes harm," she replied firmly. "As far as magic goes, it remains among the less versatile ones. Even lightning can be creative. Death is death, and nothing else."

Fitting for a soldier, while a fishwife would find little use for it. Unless she lifedrained the fish instead of letting them freeze; but that was just adding to her workload.

"This is becoming very sappy," the woman noted, as Sah started up with the sympathy. "Much as I enjoy yer company, lad, don't you have work to do?"
For the good times that we share,
and the bad times that we'll have
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Sah  shrugged noncommittedly. "If you say so." He firmly disagreed but it wasn't his place to lecture someone on their own magic. Still he hoped that the woman would one day see that even if it caused death, it wasn't all black and white. Intentions were everything when it came to potentially lethal magic. And if Sah understood life drain properly, it was possible to use it non-lethally. Still, given Sah's lack of experience with that particular magic, he could be wrong. One thing he did know however was that if one loathed their own magic, they could never control it.

Sah raised an eyebrow, pulled from this musings at Aino's next words. "Not really, no. But I can tell when I'm not wanted. I'll leave you to it." He raised his hands placidly, backing up. "Sorry to disturb you." His tone cold, he began to turn to head home. The woman's sudden shift from being a playful opponent to now dismissing him left him bewildered.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 36 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
AINO

It was her turn to raise a brow when her question had the young man backing offer liked he'd been burned. Any other time she might have shrugged and allowed him to keep the misunderstanding, but the shift was so sudden that it felt plain wrong.

"No offense was intended, youngling," Aino called after his back, her tone softening. "It was a question, not a dismissal." She hesitated, chewing on the inside of her cheek, then added, "I don't do so well with sympathy. You touched a nerve, is all." It was the same reflex that turned worry or grief into anger; a thorny layer of defense to prevent nosy gossip and ensure that only those who truly cared stayed to listen.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:

Sah paused and stopped moving as Aino spoke. It was becoming clearer by the minute that Aino saw him as a pup. It was a very strange place to be. Sah was young yes, but he hadn't been a pup for a long time. There had been no time for a proper pup-hood. Sah had had to grow up quicker then most. But there was no way for Aino to know that, so Sah had to stop expecting to be treated differently then what his physical form portrayed.

Letting out a breath, Sah rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly as he turned back to meet Aino's eyes. He did not step closer however."Ah. Sorry." A small flush of embarrassment was visible. "I'm still getting used to human norms and such." He gestured helplessly, trying to articulate his misinterpretation. Sah's awkward air vanished as Aino continued to speak. Instead his eyes turned almost stern. Still soft, but with an edge of sorts. "I apologize for hitting a nerve. But I wasn't giving you sympathy. Merely stating a fact. But if it's a sensitive topic, I'll drop it." He clarified.

After a moment Sah sighed, some of the former unease returning. "Agh, human interactions are weird. If I overstepped, I apologize." He glanced back at Aino. "Do you want any help?" He asked, gesturing to the half-completed work around them. Sah still wasn't sure of Aino and if she didn't want his company while she worked, this would be an easy out for them both. If she said no, Sah would head home.

sah
Full of fearsome might
-Tim Vallie

Aino Jandar
Soldier

Change author:
AINO

Aino waved away all the apologies with a gruff but well-intending shake of her head. "Think nothing of it," she urged, that lopsided smile returning to tease out a dimple. "Sympathy, compliments - they taste the same. I ain't doing what I do to be praised, and when people do I don't know what to feel 'bout it." For many reasons, but perhaps mostly because her kindness stemmed from a sense of duty and responsibility, rather than genuine desire to care for others. If it was up to her, and there was anyone remotely capable of taking over her job, she would be gallivating off to do completely different things.

But she told Sah none of that. Instead she merely stomped up to a neaby house and borrowed a shovel from their porch, to offer the young man. "Knock yerself out," she told him with a grin. "One think you no doubt have learned already; there is always snow to be shoveled in Halo."

And that was what she would be doing for the rest of the day. Any other banter from her side would be light and good-natured, the sort of ribbing an older sister or relative might offer. However long Sah ended up enduring it for, by the time they parted ways Aino's mood had improved quite a bit, and she waved him off with another job offer - if he ever had the time.

- FIN