an oasis
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
You don't have to be a hero to save the world
You don't have to be a prodigy to be unique
Her eyelids lower half-shut as he leans in and she sinks her chin further into his hand. His lips are met with an eagerness she doesn't bother containing. When he pulls back, she watches him with an amused hum, "Mhmm."

Rosie it is. She inches closer until she can rest her head against his shoulder, wholly enamored with him in this moment as that boyish smile of his lights up the room. The spider's been rescued from the heat, it's got water, and now her focus is centered on him. It's not often they have time to relax and do whatever they want, not between the smuggling and exploring and, Gods, everything else. And now she's Arbiter. Which she's forgotten to tell him completely up until now.

"I think you know the answer," she reaches an arm up around his side, pressing a firm kiss to his shoulder before she straightens up a little more. "But I have some news."

"It's good news," she adds quickly, "well, I think it could be good. It'll be an adjustment but.. Sunjata.. offered me a job as arbiter. I know he needs all the help he can get with everything... so I told him I'd do it." Her brows thread and she leans back, a little nervous to see what his reaction will be.
It feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be
That's alright, let it out, talk to me
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
now they're standing in the door
singin' "that's my shit, that's my shit"
A boyish smirk soon alights the smuggler’s face as she presses a kiss to his shoulder. “’nside it is!” He’s decided, because at the very least they have some privacy and they aren’t trying to get over their sea legs, and there’s no climbing into trees and falling out and bleeding and rumors of swamp witches… Though the songs on the sea were nice. That was the majority, really. The rest of it he could do with a quiet season, all things considered.

Red brows raise at the mention of good news, though, and he settles, arms wrapping around her as he scans her face, searching for the answer before it’s even said, though Milo comes up short every time. When the answer finally leaves her, his brows rise further, hidden beneath the mop of red hair. “Armbiter, huh?” He murmurs, squinting for a second as he peers at her. “Y’think y’can… Given the Ark ‘n stuff?” Though maybe it wouldn’t be too back having someone on the inside of the smuggling ring also be the law in Torchline.

It’d have to be a fine line, he imagines.

As far as he’s concerned, though, he leans down and presses a kiss to her forehead, arms squeezing around her gently. “If yer happy, ‘m happy.
that's what everybody wants an' some more
singing "you may be the death of me"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
Milo settles in with her, listening with an attentiveness that's almost overwhelming. Especially since she doesn't know how he'd feel about it, and perhaps it was something she should've asked him before taking the job. But... it happened fast, it was unexpected, and frankly she felt a bit excited about it. It's something she wants. So she hopes he'll be okay with that.

Armbiter, he calls her, and her uncertainty suddenly becomes a wickedly amused smirk. She gives him a playful jab and teases, "Yeah, and I'll start with you first if you're not careful!"

God, that stupid nickname really sticks, doesn't it?

But he asks her something more serious and she sobers at it, considering that issue as well. "Sunjata is okay with it, so it's up to Jack how he wants to proceed... I think it could be beneficial to us both, but maybe he'll think differently," she says, and there's reluctance in her tone. But she won't know more until that conversation happens.

The kiss he presses to her forehead is unexpected, but she leans into it ever-so-slightly because it's welcome all the same. A soft smile takes the place of her worried frown and she reaches up to let her hand cradle the nape of his neck. "Thank you," she murmurs, letting out a long breath through her nose. He could've made this difficult, he could've opposed her choice and ensued an argument, but he didn't. He always made things easy, simple. "I know it's a big change. Smuggler to arbiter. I don't entirely know what it'll mean for.. the future, but..." she pushes up a half-smile, inching herself against him as she searches his gaze, "as long as I have you with me, I'll be happy."
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
now they're standing in the door
singin' "that's my shit, that's my shit"
Or what? Y’gonna throw m’ in the jail, Armbiter?” He teases her back, a bright grin crossing his face. One that falters and fades a fraction as his questions grow more serious, more intense, more… Curiosity regarding whether or not it was a smart idea for her to be able to try and juggle being a member of the government and being a smuggler. But it might have its perks too.

Hm.” He says a bit unhelpfully, floundering around as he tries to figure out what exactly he wants to say. “Guess… Guess y’gotta find out, yeah?” He offers with a small smile that creeps across his face, leaning in and pressing a kiss to her forehead – tucking her in close against him so that they can share a fraction of each other’s warmth, even if it was still hot as fuck everywhere.

Her hand finds the nape of his neck and he manages to let the smile blossom a bit more on his face. “Yeah. Is a big change.” He agrees softly, hand squeezing at her waist, before he’s pausing while she searches his gaze. “Oy, ‘m not plannin’ on goin’ anywhere. So, guess yer stuck with me.” His shoulders rise and fall in a shrug and he offers her a cheeky grin.
that's what everybody wants an' some more
singing "you may be the death of me"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's lips twist as she tries to conceal her mischievousness at his taunt. She'd come back with a clever retort if it weren't for the fact that other bases needed touching upon.

She slowly shifts to look at him as he punctuates the kiss to her forehead with his blooming smile. "Guess I do," she agrees softly, deciding that if she were to be told it couldn't work, "well, whatever happens, Jack and the crew have never done me wrong. I'm not going to forget that."

The smuggling won't be likely to be the worst of her worries. It will be difficult to sift through the lifestyles of Torchline as someone whose duty it is to uphold some form of justice or law. Corruption slinks around every corner, lies in every shadow. At least she knows it, though, has become accustomed to it in her time here.

Her cheeks redden with a meager flush when he corrects her, tells her that he's not going anywhere. "Guess I am," she says. His smile is met with a chaste kiss, gently pulling him down into it. But she's starkly aware of how hot it is in their little house, so she drifts away but not without grabbing his arm first. "Come on, let's go and... celebrate!" She smiles at him and it draws a crinkle across her eyes. Then she's coaxing him along, out through the front door. Rosie will be fine without them for a little while.

fin~!