an oasis
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
You don't have to be a hero to save the world
You don't have to be a prodigy to be unique
The mid-day sun beats down on Haulani's streets, creating a subtle line of sweat across Aurelia's forehead as she walks through them with a singular focus. Work on the Ark could wait a few more hours, she supposes, as she heads for the house with the hope in mind that Milo will be there. Rigby, less so. Hopefully he's out picking pockets or something, given the spur of activity brought on by Longheat. Hopefully he's getting miserably hot, too.

But her mind doesn't stay focused on these things for too long as she approaches the front steps. Something else catches her attention, and she's taken by a sudden, undeniable impulse.

The front door of the shop creaks open slowly as Aurelia makes her way inside with both of her hands clasped tightly together. There's a freaked out look on her expression but she's moving awful slow. As she comes round to the kitchen, spying Milo there, she shoves down the look to pretend it was never there in the first place.

She approaches him with faster steps, blurting out with an excited grin, "You'll never guess what I found on the porch."

She steadies her hands, but doesn't reveal what's in them yet. Instead, she smiles at him expectantly, obviously wanting him to guess anyway. Her gaze flickers across the counters, vaguely wondering what he's working on, but she refocuses quickly.
It feels like nothing is easy, it'll never be
That's alright, let it out, talk to me
code credits go to Skylark!<3
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
MILO
now they're standing in the door
singin' "that's my shit, that's my shit"
Even if Aurelia hopes that it’s miserably hot for Rigby, it is miserably hot for Milo who’s decided he absolutely isn’t starting the oven or stove, and proceeds to work on sandwiches for lunch. One for him and one for Aurelia because she should be coming back soon, right? If nothing else, he supposes he has two sandwiches to eat.

The door creaks but Milo doesn’t notice it as he focuses on getting the meat to toppings ratio just right to be perfect. And when he does notice her approach, he half turns, gaze flickering along Aurelia’s face with pinched red brows of confusion, spying her grin and covered hands. “Huh.” He comments, reaching up to scratch his cheek, smearing a bit of mayonnaise along it. “Y’find a baby bird ‘r somethin’?” He asks, flashing a smile of excitement in response to her own.

Why else would it be in her hands? Unless....
that's what everybody wants an' some more
singing "you may be the death of me"
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Aurelia
The aroma of fresh ingredients would be enough to draw her into the kitchen on a normal day, but right now she has something she's pretty excited to show him. A baby bird? The skin around her nose wrinkles with an amused snort and she shakes her head. "Nope!"

With no hint as to what it actually is beforehand, she slowly unveils the thing within her palm. Well, actually, it stretches out a bit past and onto her fingers. With one hand pulled back slowly, a spider is revealed. Not just any, a tarantula.

It's smaller than the one that had given Rigby so much trouble, but it looks very similar. It's mostly a deep black color, but there are fiery-orange rings around its leg joints, giving it a unique appearance.

Now suddenly aware of its surroundings, it flattens its body against her palm and stays rigidly still.

Aurelia glances up at Milo for his reaction. "I thought you might wanna see it. Looks like the one Rigby found. Doesn't it? Must be one of her babies." Which, goes to say, it's grown quite a lot in just the span of a month. Normally she'd never handle something like this, but the way Milo had been so gentle with the one before, the way he'd seemed pretty enthralled with it, made her open up to the idea. Turns out, if you move slow, they're pretty docile.

"I think it was looking for shade..." she adds, puzzling down at it once more, and then she looks up at him with a broad smile, stepping into his space, "Wanna hold it!?"
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
MILO
The resounding Nope! has his head tilting curiously – abandoning the sandwiches for now despite the way how his stomach growls in protest. Because obviously curiosity overcomes hunger for the smuggler any day. So he turns to her fully, watching her hands as she reveals it, the top hand covering it opening wide to reveal the tarantula beneath.

His bronze eyes light up as he spies the orange little bands around the legs of the tarantula and a grin spreads across his face. “Oy, she’s real pretty.” Milo comments, wiping his hands of the ingredients on his pants, because he cares less about his appearance in the face of this pretty creature. “Grew fast, yeah?” His gaze lifts to Aurelia’s face with a crooked grin. “’Course I wanna hold it.” There’s a boyish, childish eagerness to his voice as his hands come out.

One hand nears Aurelia’s while the other overs behind the tarantula, trying to guide it into his waiting hand. “C’mere, s’okay.” He murmurs gently to the arachnid, trying to bribe it over toward him.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Milo's bronze gaze lighting up is enough assurance to know that she made the right decision bringing this to him. It would be pretty bad if it turned out he doesn't actually like them that much.

She meets his eyes and nods in agreement. "Yeah, looks like it!" She's not totally knowledgeable in the growth rates of spiders, but for something that big they probably grew fast. Or something. That sounds right to her, at least. Not like Torchline is the worst environment for them, either.

At his eagerness to hold it, Aurelia lifts it toward him and slowly tilts her wrist so that the spider might be compelled to move into his more sturdy hand. It ambles into his palm quicker than perhaps expected, and begins to inch its way around in exploration. Her brows raise in surprise. "Oh, I think it likes you," She smiles up at him.

Now, with her own hands freed of the spider, she steps back and can't help that her gaze wanders over the sandwiches he's made. "What's all this?" She asks without trying to hide the interest. As her gaze swerves back over to him, she takes notice of the streak of sauce on his cheek. She smirks and huffs a short laugh. "You didn't even start eating yet and you're already a mess," there's no scrutiny her tone but rather affection, as she reaches out to wipe it off of his face with her thumb.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
His laughter is light and gentle at the realization that this little spider had grown quite large in the span of a season, but he’s eager to hold the arachnid, flattening his palm so that it might find it appealing in answer. And it does, skittering over to his hand quite quickly where he moves to cup it with the other hand as well, giving it a small space to burrow into while he peers at it from above – the grin on his face nothing short of boyishly charmed.

I think sh’does too, yeah.” Milo responds swiftly, casting a bright grin Aurelia’s direction, before he’s turning to lean back against the counter and let his eyes linger on the spider that makes a home in his hands. “’n I’m makin’ lunch. Sandwiches. Thought y’might be hungry when ya got back.” He explains, lifting his head to look back at his fellow smuggler as she laughs.

Her hand rises to his cheek, her thumb swiping away the mayo he’d accidentally gotten there. “Think we should get ‘er a cool place t’hang out for a bit, yeah? The sandwiches are almost done, jus’ gotta stick ‘em together.” He leans in to press a kiss to her cheek, something soft and gentle and full of love and adoration, before he’s sweeping through the kitchen to find anything that might prove to be cold within the sweltering heat of Torchline.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
She pulls back her hand and wipes off the mayo, but her eyes remain glued to his face as she soaks up the moment. His boyish happiness is amusing and warming, and she's quickly reminded how much of a light he is. Even if it's over something like a spider. She almost doesn't hear him until he's moving in to kiss her on the cheek, a kiss that lingers even after he's moving swiftly away.

But Aurelia has no concern over finding a place to put the spider. Of course she's happy to provide it a place to be, but she thinks it'd be a lot funner to let it roam about. Also, those sandwiches look mighty good and a rumble from her stomach spurs her on to grab one.

"Hmm, could put it in Rigby's room!" She suggests, and there's a mischievous chuckle that follows those words. "Or uh, give it some water? You know? Do you think it likes to swim?" The answer is no, but she ain't got a clue.

Her energy is tuned into the sandwich, however, as she takes a bite and chews it down. A soft sound of approval echoes out. "This is real good!"
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He’s captivated by the tarantula in his hands and it seems to calm down within his palms, too, which only charms him more. So he leans in to press the kiss to her cheek, before he’s stepping around the area, searching for something cold and dark and comfortable for a spider to rest in before night comes and she can easily move back out into the wilderness of Haulani. He manages to find a cool glass surface, grabbing a few papers to stick in the bottom of the makeshift tank, propping a bowl upside down and sticking a bit of cold water in the corner.

He does have to laugh when she asks if it likes to swim, a grin spreading across his face before he’s shaking his head. “Nah, they don’ swim.” He says, looking over his shoulder at her with a crooked smile. “Might be thirsty tho.” He comments with a tilt of his head, considering it, but he’s already added water anyway and a bit of shelter for her, before he lowers the one hand she settles in, into the tank.

The spider immediately moves to hang out near the cool water, feeling it slip through the glass to cool everything around the space down. And when he turns back to face Aurelia, it’s with a bright grin, a bounce of his brows as he returns to the sandwiches and snatches the second one before she has a chance to devour that one too. “’m glad y’like it. Tryin’ other things from jus’ fish. Thought y’might be gettin’ tired of it.” Lifting the sandwich to his lips, he takes a big bite and sighs into it contently.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
The sandwich is fine, it's good, but it doesn't compare to the home-cooked meals Milo usually makes. It reminds her of her mother's cooking, maybe not exactly but she knows it's a lot of what he's used to, fish and all that, and so she's grown accustomed to it with little complaint.

"'s a nice change, but I like... most of the things you make," she eyes him mischievously.

Tilting her head towards where he's set up the spider with a little hastily-made exhibit of sorts, she mulls over another bite. "So what're we gonna call it?" She asks, turning back to look at him with a smile. Because obviously they're going to keep it. "Or- her. You called it a she. Can you tell?"
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
He listens to Aurelia, and he absolutely takes some playful offense to what she says, his hand coming up to his chest, his jaw dropping as he cuts her a look that’s almost hurt. “Most things?” He asks in a voice that’s lifted slightly, as if in astonishment. “’ll ‘ave ya know I try m’best.” Squinting at her with a breaking resolve, he finds the edge of his mouth begin to lift in a small curl of a smirk.

All in all, though, he devours the sandwich just as Aurelia has, and blinks at the spider in the makeshift tank. “They all sorta look like a her t’me.” He purses his lips. He’s probably wrong, but there’s no way for him to tell that he’s aware of. They’re all pretty and bright hued, skittish things. “’m bad with names. What would you call ‘er?” Milo asks, looking back to Aurelia with curiosity in the bronze of his gaze.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia's lips twist in a grin she tries to stifle, although his taunt is adorable and exactly the kind of reaction she wanted. "Yeah, well..." she manages to pull the act together and hardens her expression for a moment to raise her brows, making her best unimpressed face at the sandwich, "sometimes your best just isn't enough," and she takes another bite to hide her grin.

Maybe Milo is right, and it is a she (or maybe his suggestion decided it). Aurelia wouldn't know enough about spiders to tell, either. She knows about animals, but only enough to know when she's in danger and how to avoid it. Spiders and their genitalia, of all things, weren't really big on her need-to-know list.

"Back home, there was this one legend about a spider. A giant spider, that lived deep inside a cave on the top of a mountain. Big enough to eat a human, I guess. Some people swore she was real, and that if you found the book about her it would lead you to the cave," she smiles almost wistfully, wondering now if it were really true - and knowing she'll never find that out, "she had a name, but.. you know what? I can't remember it," she laughs a little and tacks on uselessly, "it was cool, though."
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
Oh, ‘m sorry.” He feigns his upset. “Maybe y’could start cookin’ then if y’can do so much better.” Milo trills with a playful smirk, the grin that spreads across his face infectious even if she hides her smile behind the sandwich. He knows it isn’t his best, but he certainly thinks it’s worth it for not heating up the kitchen.

And it’s edible, which is absolutely a bonus.

He devours his sandwich before wiping the crumbs on the side of his shirt, peering back at the spider who’s made a home in the makeshift tank. And his gaze flickers to Aurelia with the story she shares, something brightening in his gaze at the nostalgia that she seems to have while speaking of it, even if she couldn’t figure out the name. “’ts okay.” He comments offhandedly, reaching over to pull her into his side for a hug. “We can come up with one?” He suggests, pausing to purse his lips, his free hand rising to tap at his chin.

How ‘bout… Rosie?” He asks, looking back down at the tarantula, spying the orange bands around her leg as she sinks back into the comfort of the cool cover.
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Change author:
Aurelia
Aurelia turns to face him more directly, straightening in indignation, and furrows her brows with a bit of a smolder to her gaze. "If you remember correctly, I did cook for you. Once," she flashes her grin at him then, teeth drawing over her bottom lip as she stares at him expectantly. If he remembered, it was after a certain argument on the isles. And after, well, you know the rest. "So if you want me to do it again, just say so."

But he pulls her into his side and her expression softens, caught off-guard by the gesture. She peers up at him before letting her gaze follow his towards the tarantula, where it's started to poke around and explore.

"Rosie?" She almost laughs, it's such an innocent-sounding name. Doesn't fit at all, and yet somehow it does. "Yeah, I like that; Rosie," she turns her head to look back at him.

Finished with her own sandwich, she rests her chin on his shoulder and lets out a soft sigh through her nostrils. "Is it bad that I wish the monsoons were back?" She mumbles out. At least then it wouldn't be so insufferably hot.
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Change author:
MILO
She straightens more toward him and his red brows rise high at her grin, letting his own tug across his face. He remembers. He also remembers the rambutan wine that had turned out incredible, so much so that he still has some left provided Rigby hadn’t found his stash and drained it all. And Milo leans toward her, then, reaching up to lift her chin with his hand, to press a soft kiss to her lips before he’s pulling away with a crooked smile. “I think y’should.” He comments with a wink, pulling away a fraction.

He pulls her into his side and she melts into it. The smuggler can feel eyes on him but he focuses intensely on the tarantula within the tank, a soft laugh leaving him as she repeats the name. “Rosie, then.” Milo murmurs, keeping that boyish smile on his face before he finally tilts his head to look at her, peering down as she rests her chin on his shoulder.

Depends. D’ya want us on th’Ark again ‘r d’ya wanna spend the season cuddled up inside?” There’s a playful bounce of his brow, before he’s giving her shoulders a squeeze.