Heir of snow and starlight
for Isla
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
Jigano was too distracted with his new little one to realize why Isla was grinning, but his nervously hopefully expression lightened to relief as she repeated the gryphlet's name and nodded. The sleepy baby was too tired to mind one way or the other about the gentle pets she received, but the bard looked very happy that his friend liked Isuma.

"You know," he mused, glancing from Isla to Isuma with a smile. "She might need a godmother. Babies get godmothers, don't they?" He'd had a godfather, after all. That was normal. He didn't know if it was normal for gryphons, but what would the harm be? And he trusted Isla's good sense, not to mention her practicality and skills. She'd known what to do when he'd burst in the door in a state of near-panic, hadn't she? "Would you be... I mean, I would appreciate if you... ah... damn." He wasn't normally so tongue-tied, but Isuma's tiny snores were a thoroughly wonderful distraction. He looked down at the sleeping gryphlet, then back up at Isla with a helpless smile. "Would you, Isla? Please?"
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
"A godmother?" Isla repeated. She had heard such terms before, but only in books. There was no god to speak of back in Northaven, so the word bore little meaning. "Do you mean like a guardian? That's what I understand of the phrase." Smiling, she settled back in her seat and looked thoroughly at ease with Jigano and the tiny snoring gryphlet.

She had never heard him stumble over his words so, the healer tilting her head curiously, her hands in her lap. She waited patiently for him to find what he wanted to say, her eyes widening a fraction at the request. From her instant smile, though - of both surprise and pleasure - there was little doubt in what her answer would be. "Of course!" she told him with a nod. "It would be my honour. Is there anything in particular I need to do?"
Jigano Silversmith
the Sage
Provost of the Loreseekers Soul Shepherd
Portal Guardian
Age: 36 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Attuned x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 12 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 45 - Endr: 38 - Luck: 42 - Int:
ISUMA - Mythical - Griffin (Venomous)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 10170
"A guardian," Jigano agreed, smiling back. "Usually it's an honorary title, given to a close friend or family member. If anything should happen to me, well, she would need someone to take care of her until she was old enough to hunt and fly on her own." He shrugged very carefully, a small motion so as not to disturb his sleeping gryphlet. "Not, of course, that anything like that should happen! But I can understand now why people do it." He chuckled softly. "It's a relief, knowing that there's a, ah, cavalry for her."

He grinned at his friend, settling into more confidence as the emergency was safely passed. "I think all you need to do is be around her so she knows you and trusts you. Though since I don't want to disturb her by getting up at the moment... You have a captive student if you want to continue our training!" He chuckled, managing a wink before glancing down to the tiny gryphon with that flash of bemused adoration still softening his features.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Hearing the description of 'godmother' in more detail, Isla was all the more honoured to have been selected, and whilst the grin she shot Jigano was fanged, it was bright and gentle too. "I will do my best to ensure that nothing ever happens to you. The advantages of being a doctor, eh?" She winked. "But I think I can handle being around the adorable featherball for as long as you can stand me." Rising to her feet since Jigano had his hands full, Isla moved to collect their tea from the tray, setting it down on a small table between them.

Continuing their training sounded like a marvellous plan, one that Isla would gladly partake in. The infirmary had been quiet when he'd come in, and the other medics already knew where she was if an emergency should arise. So, settled in the warmth of the fire and with a snoring gryphlet to accompany her words, Isla began her next lesson with Jigano. The subject? Warming someone who has been out in the cold too long, of course.