anything can happen
Milo Kydd
Smuggler

Age: 28 | Height: 5’10 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 12 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 10 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
all my nightmares escaped my head
Confirmation from her that it was okay he’d fallen asleep, paired with the warmth of her forehead against his, has the smuggler relaxing a fraction. She isn’t trying to run out of the house and disappear anymore and he considers that certainly a good sign. So it leaves room for Milo to ask the real question – what the fuck was happening? Shifts and a new face and everything.

He was exhausted further by just trying to piece the dots together.

But then it comes – Safrin’s attuning of Aurelia – something that has his gaze widening a fraction as he stares at her, the surprise evident. The fact that a shield had been given to her from the deity, too, only adding perhaps to the fact that Milo should seek out the gods a bit more intensely if Aurelia managed to get in the good side of things. Blessed, as it were.

So he swallows hard when she does, drawing silent to let his tired mind wrap around it all. A small dip of his chin is given at the mention of her face changing – so glad that he and Melita hadn’t stumbled across the very same type of terrible spirit. “’m glad.” He breathes. Glad that she’s still her even if it’s going to take him a while to commit her face to memory again.

But his brows are pinching as she explains what happened to the Slagveld. “…Where’d they go?” He asks – unaware and perhaps a bit surprised that they’d leave on such short notice. Surprised as well that someone would take advantage of them being gone so quickly to cause so much distruction. “Y’killed a companion?” He says with a slight shift to his lips, a small frown forming.

He doesn’t like it, but her reasons make sense in a way that he can’t quite put his finger on. But he’d always been the runner or the healer – avoiding conflict where he could, whenever possible. That was his M.O.

So yer gonna go ‘n see Jack ‘bout it.” He comments, a repeat of what she’s just said, and his chin lifts to look her in the eye as he purses his lips. “A’ight. Okay. We… We can talk more ‘bout it when y’get back. Is it… It’s safe fer y’to go now, right?” The entire thing was hard to figure out, hard to wrap his mind around. But hopefully she’d healed enough that even if her pursuer finds her, she’d survive that too.
bar the door, please don't let them in

MILO
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
hear those bells ring deep in the soul
chiming away for a moment
Aurelia is glad to at least push back some of the confusion that clouds Milo's eyes. She hates to see it there, would hate to leave him in the dark about any of it at all. She made a promise to herself to never lie to him again, about anything. But it's not easily that she tells him of what happened at the Slagveld. She's sure there are those out there that would condemn her for it. Perhaps they are right to, but what's done is done. Within herself, there's a not-so-small part that doesn't rightly care about the damn unicorn. And she doesn't exactly hate to admit that.

"I hope that it hurt," she remarks coldly of killing the companion. She's not just talking to Milo in this instance but admitting what that darker part of herself really thinks. She heaves an aggravated sigh and says, "I don't know where Sunjata and Nate went. They'll be back soon, I'm sure. But Torchline isn't defenseless even if they are gone, and people need to know that. If I have to be cruel once for them to think twice... then..." then it's worth it. She'll play the villain in their story if she has to.

As she comes down from that shadowy haze which threatens to linger and her eyes flicker over Milo's face, he expresses worry about her safety. Her expression softens with regret and sadness, her shoulders slump, and she holds back from falling into him again.

Tempered, she speaks with far less animosity now, to a point where her voice quakes with emotion, "I'm sorry that any of this happened at all, Milo. I'm sorry that you had to be there to pick up the pieces..." she shakes her head bitterly.

She looks down sharply and tries to resolve against what she wants as opposed to what's needed. "I'm sorry, I want to stay here with you but, I have to go. At the very least, I have to talk to Jack. Maybe find anyone else that was there, see if they saw anything... but I'll be back." Her gaze lifts back to him with a silent question lingering in it, hoping that he'll want her to return.

She doesn't know how to assure him that it won't be like this in the future. She can't promise that, much as she wants to. Where he avoids conflict to the point of running from it, she's always run straight toward it. He balances her and brings her back down to earth, while she strives to encourage him to greater heights. Yet there comes a point where she has to wonder if it's too much of a weight for him to bear when things like this happen, and she slips, and she gives in to the core of her nature. That conversation will have to wait, however... and she detests that more than anything else; that this takes her away from him.

FIN<3
feel your breath course frankly below
see life as a worthy opponent