Training A bit of a fixerupper
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Hey, starchild, are you listening?
There was always an inclination to wave goodbye at summons when they disappeared, more so with this one due to its human shape. Seren indulged in a slight wiggling of her fingers at Virgo, before the celestial maiden faded away.

Perhaps the training floor was not the best place for this talk. But as Seren leaned against her father's side and watched the spar unfold, she told herself that this was important too. A training of her mind, if you will. And she did look at the shield bearer in a new light. "I always thought shields were a bit boring," she admitted. "Because they are passive, and don't do much. But they are quite important, aren't they?"

Shifting her sword to the opposite hand, Seren absently tried to poke a finger into Ronin's side, to make him wriggle. "Speaking of knowledge... I talked to Mother the other day. She said there might be something interesting in Halo, if we wanted to go look for it. At the Sea of Glass. Are you interested?" Barely contained excitement glittered in her eyes as she glanced up at him. "It sounded like quite the adventure."
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

Ronin slips an arms around Seren's shoulders and musses her hair playfully for good measure, nodding to her. "Mm, I always thought they were boring as well at first. But look at him - he needs to know all the weapons and how to defend against them. One might split his shield, another might be perfectly knocked away. It's an important job." Again, though, it isn't for everyone.

"You ought to speak to my friend Amalia," he says suddenly. "The Archangel, Vi's chosen. But before that, she was the Shield of Safrin. She fights, but she won't take a life." If anyone can help Seren to navigate this somewhat thorny issue, it would be someone who walks a similar path.

But then she's poking his side and Ronin wiggles (of course) and tries to get out of the way, raising his eyebrows at his daughter. "Oh is that so?" He grins, trying and failing to hide how pleased he is to be involved in something like this. Especially when it comes to Seren and adventures. "That sounds very interesting. When do you want to set off?"
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Humming her acknowledgement of the skills required, Seren kept watching the spar even as her attention shifted along with the conversation. She had only the vaguest recollection of Amalia - a pretty face in the dark, with a starwhale swimming in her wake - but the name she recognized easily enough. "I will remember that, if I come across her," she said, grateful for the tip. It wasn't so much that she couldn't kill, if necessary... but if there were ways to avoid it, she would feel better.

Chuckling softly at the way her father squirmed, the girl nodded. It was so. And he was invited. "Got any plans for tomorrow?" she joked, just as pleased that he required no convincing. "Mother said there was some kind of treasure beneath the ice... Which I assume to mean we are going to have to get wet. Unless there is something tricky going on?" She shrugged; the few answers she got had been vague and sketchy. Which was only as it should be; no adventures without guessing and searching for answers, right? "Do you have any cloud manta crystals, in case we do need to swim?"
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
RONIN
the dark star

"Tomorrow might be a struggle, but I'll check my diary just in case," Ronin teases right back, folding his arms across his chest so he might protect himself from further poking by Seren. "A treasure beneath the ice? From what I know, the Sea of Glass is very frozen. Are you sure that's what she said? I'm not sure you could even get beneath that ice to get wet..."

Still, he keeps his reservations at bay until they can see all of this for themselves, offering a smile to his daughter and turning to beckon for her to follow him out of the training area. "I have a crystal leftover from Torchline, yes. I can always use my astral projection if we need to swim, though. You can have the crystal. Now come on - shall we get something to eat while we chat more about this?"
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
"Pretty sure, yeah," Seren insisted. "'Buried beneath is a great treasure, if one could reach it', she said. And that we might draw an unfriendly crowd. Whatever it is, this treasure must be very valuable." Hidden knowledge could mean anything from books to lost ruins, and whatever it might be, Seren was keen to discover it.

Gathering up her belongings and returning their practice swords like a good dutiful recruit, Seren hurried to catch back up with her father in time to hear the offer of lunch. "Food? Oh yes please, I'm starving. Does the crystal have a time limit? And do you think I can borrow some daggers from the armory? I promise I will return them properly afterwards..." Her eager chatter trailed after them as they left the hall. It was a good thing that Ronin included planning into this meal, because it was clear his daughter would be able to think of nothing else but the coming journey.

- Fin
Seren