Come Up To a Barricade
Prayer to Ludo
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 17 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Gideon
Imposing penance one by one
You've got a virtue in a vice
Gideon had been humbled by the spirits in the Temple; they had taken any pride he'd had about his part in this whole thing and beaten it back down to size. He was  servant, a cog in the machine, not a hero nor a God; he had to remember that. He was there first and foremost to serve and consider and he had failed by not considering what he was keeping in the house of the Gods.

He could only hope he would be forgiven.

Walking through the Celestine, still limping and using a cane, he could almost forget everything that had happened. Beautiful blooms just coming in for the Longheat and creatures scurrying by his feet: once again, it served to remind Gideon of what he fought for, what he was preserving, what the Voice would see replaced with cold metal and energy.

Finally coming to the shrine, Gideon slowly got down to his knees and drew from a satchel hanging on his shoulder a wooden boat; carved and painted with a deft hand, there were slots in it for several little dolls to fit in, which came in their own box - a Captain, a skipper, a prisoner. "Ludo, I need your guidance. Please, answer my prayer." He requested, head bent as he placed the boat and box on the edge of the Shrine.
With all the history to guide
You've got a passion in those eyes
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
LUDO
The boat begins to sail of its own accord, which of course is a good sign in and of itself. It rises up into the air and bobs around, and the accompanying box opens up so that the captain doll might peep out and go to sail his vessel. There's a sense of a child's laughter, of rags tickling about Gideon's ears, but so far there is no sign of Ludo in earnest. That does not mean that the deity is not there, however.

"I like this very much, sweetling," it says, its voice echoing around the shrine as the boat dips and dives like one of Stormbreaks very own skyships. "What is your prayer? Do you wish to become a skyboat captain? I could do this for you very easily."
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Age: 52 | Height: 6' 1" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Gideon
"I thought you would. I go to the market to look for things often." The stall owner probably thought he had a young child at home. He actually took some joy in it, purposefully picking out his offerings. Fruit and milk for Frey, things of beauty for Safrin, toys for Ludo - Gideon had many at the Temple for whenever they were needed.

He laughed; oh, to forgo all of his duties and become a Captain, dipping and swirling in the air - but no, there were too many important things to do. "Sadly not. Actually...I want to continue the work I began earlier. Helping to tip the scales in our favour before things come to a head." Gideon let a smile creep over his face, thinking of the things he'd already accomplished. Over time, with assistance from the Gods, he could make a real dent in their defences.

"I want to be used however is most effective. However you need me to fight those beasts, I will do it. Anything." He raised his eyes up; Gideon couldn't see Ludo, but kept his eyes reverently to the sky. "Tell me what is needed."
Spooky Rags

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
LUDO
Tell me what is needed. That's what they all say, and Ludo's little boat halts for a second so it can huff into the air. But it likes Gideon, and so the boat bobs ahead again soon enough. "You have destroyed a shrine. There is a stronghold taking shape in the Greatwood, also, and those from Torchline are now capable of coming here, to Stormbreak. What need have you for me to tell you what to do next?"

The plans are there. The cogs are turning. "What is it you wish to achieve, oh brave not-captain? More violence? Or to turn the ears of those visiting, that they might learn how the Ascended are a threat to the Old Gods?" There are possibilities for both.
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
Ludo's answer took Gideon by surprise, but didn't dampen his spirits; to hear that they were doing so well was quite comforting, actually; after the things he'd seen, the recent attack by an Ascended he'd only just rescued a young woman from, he was beginning to feel like the cause might be struggling to contain the threat.

He paused when the question was presented to him. It felt wrong to say he wanted violence, and yet...Gideon had found directly acting to be freeing. That, and he knew many would not be willing to do it. Taking in a breath and nodding, he spoke: "I am already well equipped to convince those in doubt. The Temple has acolytes and trainees that can pick up any slack, and we have Demi Gods out in the world. Tell me what needs to be done to make the Ascended pay. To put fear into their..." He stopped before he said hearts; they did not have them.

"To make them afraid of what is coming."
Spooky Rags

Change author:
LUDO
"To make them fear what is coming," Ludo repeats, the words seeming all the more sinister coming from something disembodied. The other dolls rise up now to join the captain, though the prisoner, if Gideon looks close, appears to be attached to the underside of the ship. Keel-hauled, they call it.

Humming a ghostly little sea shanty, Ludo thinks to itself before coming to some sort of a conclusion. "Let us show them the light, sweetling. But first, though you have acolytes, there is still more to be done..."

Gideon has received a quest from Ludo!

He must:

- Host a mini-event in either Halo or Torchline to preach the anti-ascended agenda
- Complete a thread collecting crystals from Soulfire Reach in the Climb
- Complete a thread leaving the crystals from dawn until dusk at one of Safrin's shrines
Gideon Clemments
The Priest

Change author:
Gideon
Hearing Ludo repeat his words with the very effective imagery of the keelhauled sailor, Gideon smiled and nodded; yes, to see the Ascended made to pay for their crimes, publicly and painfully...he wanted nothing more.

He was surprised by the tasks given, as they weren't violent at all, but maybe that was for the best given the recent trauma he'd received from the angry Temple spirits; Gideon was, as much as he disliked it, getting older, and couldn't be relied upon to be a constantly effective soldier. One young Ascended girl was not the whole force of the Voice.

"Anything you need. It will be done." He promised before rising, and walking off into the dark.

{FIN}