hold on till morning
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
The skies are black with lead-filled rain
a morbid painting on display
It’s an unfortunate reality, that Maeve will be dragged into the war one way or the other. But that is a grander scheme beyond Ru’s control. The one compiling between her and Deimos, well...that is one she can keep Maeve far away from. “Anything I can spare you from until that time, I will.” No matter how much it hurts. Emotional wounds are preferable over physical no matter how dee they run. At least Maeve will be alive.

The darkness of twilight encroaches around them, and Hotaru’s exhale trembles in the space between them. A soft hand cups her cheek, and Ru tilts into it in a last moment of weakness. Presses her lips there, dry and chaste, wishing she had the words to fix this somehow. “I will. For you.” For one of the last people who cared to see Ru whole.

Then she untangles their fingers, and slips past Maeve to disappear into the market as it awakens in the nighttime. She refuses to make the woman watch her retreating back. It is a goodbye, not abandonment.

- FIN
This is the night that young love died
Buried at each others sides
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.