where I hide the darkest parts of me
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
honey, i rose up from the dead. i do it all the time
For how much longer would Aamu continue to live that peaceful lifestyle he so badly wanted? Varus doesn’t know, but what he does know is that regardless of what happens, where Aamu would be the one to choose to save someone if he could, Varus was the opposite — more of a fan of snuffing out the flame before it turned into a blaze.

It’s that thought which has him almost sinking back into that darker part of himself, one he holds aloft in the face of Isla’s kiss pressed to his metal palm, a soft crease in his gaze as she draws him out of his shadows. “Yeah, we should. It’s back to the drawing board I guess.” He comments idly, before his head is tilting toward her and his hand tangles in her hair again. “Thank you, by the way. For patching me up.” He murmurs, gaze dancing across her face to drop to her lips before he leans forward to capture them in a kiss again.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

"Mm, I guess so. Maybe no more practicing until we get that bit sorted?" It's only a suggestion, and a playful one at that - Isla can't and won't stop him from doing whatever he feels he needs to. Especially when it looks as though that extends to kissing her.

"You don't need to thank me, you know," she tells him, her voice only quiet given how close they are to each other now. "Consider it a perk of the relationship. I'll always be around to patch you up."

Then Varus closes the gap between them and Isla leans into it, melting against the tangle of fingers in her hair and the arm that draws her close. There might still be a world of complications and unknowns for them to navigate, but right here and now? Isla is content.

~FIN
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything