Personal Quest primum non nocere
PQ to rebuild the infirmary!
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you better run, boy, run, but be afraid. cry, boy, cry, don't play the game
Remi's quite welcome for the food, and Varus is pleased with how everything's turned out so far. He has no reason, really, to go home if Isla and the rest of them remain. So Varus sticks with it, helping out where he can, helping to supply food and snacks for the Grounders that have offered to help too for the day time. And when night rolls around again and the task has been prepared enough to get there, Varus is nothing if not prepared for it.

And of course, with another round of snacks for Remi to find.

And this time? Well, he could take up the restocking, but Varus chooses the other – because he’d spent a decent amount of time living in the ward and treatment rooms before it went up in flames, and he might be able to help remember just how things were laid out, what they looked like, and things of that nature. “I can hang curtains.” So saying, he slips into the room with Remi, working to separate out the curtains and the sheets, and while Remi moves the beds he works to hang the curtains and help move the beds should Remi want his help.

Varus hangs up curtains and puts on the sheets in the ward/treatment rooms and will help Remi with any bed moving or repositioning he wants!
gravity holds me  d o w n
VARUS
Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

Mabel was good at being quiet, at maneuvering around without making much of a sound, at being nondescript, barely noted or noticed. Perhaps that worked well now too – no distractions, no deterrents, motioning onward for whatever the situation called for. Dismissal and arrival occur quickly; so when she ambled forward to listen to the latest schemes, working along the inside proportions, there was only a nod hastened.

With Remi and Varus already stationed, the youth applied herself to restocking the medicines and equipment, placing the new supplies where they were meant to go – checking labels, ensuring all was kept neat, tidy, and orderly, as she might’ve done with a feed room at the farm long before.

--

Mabel restocks the medicines and equipment!
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

take your medicine

By far this is the easiest and most successful night they've had so far, and Isla makes her rounds after re-supplying her operating room and setting up her study as best she can. It's basic, not nearly as comfortable or familiar as before, but it's better than a burned out shell. The supplies cupboard is beautifully laid out, though, and although she needs no breath, she's still very relieved to see it fully stocked again. "Thank you so much," she tells Mabel. "Now it's just the finishing touches, I think. After that, I can work on upgrading everything."

It turns out that Remi and Varus also make a fantastic team, and the beds and curtains are hung without too many issues at all. Indeed, the ward looks bigger somehow, more aired out, and the fresh lick of paint has it seeming brighter and more cheerful, if not a bit clinical. "This looks great," she says, grinning and glancing in particular to the alchemist.

"We made some really good time here - I think the rest can be done tonight. Which is good, because I think some of us ought to get some rest." Isla motions to a few boxes which have been waiting beside the door.

"I have some records to put away that I've been making since I got home. I need a couple of people to make a final sweep of the place, and someone else to write a notice to let everyone know the infirmary is back open."

Last round!

- Final clean up - sweeping the floors, checking for any leftover tools/paint, making sure all the beds are neat and tidy (2 people).
- Write a notice to inform everyone that the infirmary is re-opening (1 person).

Mabel Occidendum

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 16 - Int:
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MABEL

For what it was worth, Mabel found herself beaming at Isla’s praise. Very young, very exuberant, very wild, like it’d been trapped and chorded off. The smile didn’t last, didn’t linger, but was there for far longer than anything had been for a long time – content with being helpful, and moderately successful.

Then there were last, lingering tasks. Mabel could write, but she presumed the men would be able to conjure something far better than the simplistic words flickering in her mind. So, in her presumptive, residual silence and quiet, she flickered over to sweeping through the place, checking for discarded remnants, and tending to the beds.

--

Mabel tries to check for any leftover tools and goes to make the beds!
I bare my teeth
and stretch my claws out
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
you better run, boy, run, but be afraid. cry, boy, cry, don't play the game
It goes off without a hitch, really, and even Varus is surprised and pleased at how much more open the infirmary has become with little things such as paint and arranging the curtains a bit differently than they had been before. But once that’s all done and it looks clean and fresh, everyone returns to get the last task of pulling it all together.

He debates going after the clean-up, but chooses against it in favor for writing the notice for the Notice Board over the reopening of the Infirmary – his handwriting swift and easy, in big letters that could be seen a bit further off in the distance just in case someone needed to catch a glimpse. He slips out to pin it to the notice board when they’re done, and once that’s done, he returns to help out wherever he can.

Varus chooses the notice for the notice board! And goes and pins it and returns to help out wherever needed.
gravity holds me  d o w n
VARUS
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
REMI
the alchemist
there's a feeling i get when i look to the west,
& my spirit is crying for leaving.
Feeling pleased that Isla’s infirmary was coming together so well, Remi tries to let the weight of his jealousy and boyish want to keep Isla all to himself fade away. It’s impossible not to see how well the medic and the man with one arm go together. Better than she and he ever did. It helps of course, but then, Remi will be the first to admit that not all of his feelings about this are rational.

Making quick work of sweeping, Remi uses both a broom and dust pan as well as his wings and feathered hands to get into every nook and cranny. Humming to himself as he works, in the back of his mind the alchemist’s still wonders who did this in the first place, and how it might be prevented from happening again.

Remi sweeps!
in my thoughts I have seen rings of smoke through the trees
& the voices of those who stand looking.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
Isla

take your medicine

She can't quite believe it's come together so quickly. It's true that between a few Ascended and a demigod who needs very little sleep things were never going to lag, but at the same time, Isla is pleasantly surprised. Indeed, the medic has a bright and grateful smile on her face as she emerges from her office one last time to see everything spick and span and a notice ready to pin on the board outside the Temple.

"This is amazing," she breathes. "I can't thank you all enough. In the kindest possible way, though, I do hope none of you ever need to use this place." Tucking her golden hair behind her ear, Isla takes one last look around the infirmary before gesturing for them to make their way out. "Either way, this calls for a celebration. You are welcome to come to the VlamVloed with me - we can have a few drinks and catch up." Mostly the latter, given how little the Ascended can taste or enjoy the alcohol.

~FIN

Thanks everyone!! This PQ is now complete!