cross my heart
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes
Ronin waits until the darkest part of the night, when the moon is round and casts its glow onto the dancing waves. It has been a long time since he's been here to see Safrin like this, and it's the lightest his heart has felt, too. He places a bouquet of pale lilies on her shrine, along with a few lovingly crafted paper lanterns. Upon the lanterns are soft charcoal sketches of galaxies, of Safrin and her daughter, of falling stars and blazing skies.

"I hope you can see how well she is doing," he murmurs as he straightens up, obviously speaking about Seren. The smile on his lips is warm and proud, and he gazes out of the lighthouse at the dazzling sea below. "I know there were a few hiccups, but... I think we are beginning to understand each other. She is learning every day."
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
"There is not a moment that goes by, that I am not watching her." Safrin says in a soft voice, in that all too human voice which renders her touchable, lovable, perhaps. Her fingers trail along the petals of the lilies before turning her attention to the sketches. Whether or not gods have need to breathe likely has little to do with how she suddenly inhales to see Ronin's drawings. "You have always been so talented, Ronin." She coos under her breath, as if talking more to herself than to him.

Turning toward the Star that she might look at him just over her shoulder, her gown clinging to her body as she twists, Safrin's chin proudly rises. "You have done so very well. I am proud of the both of you."

Turning to properly face him now, taking a step toward him, Safrin lets her head fall slightly to the side as she gazes up at him. "The last time I interrupted our meeting, and for that I apologize." She wasn't sorry, but she could apologize just the same. "We were speaking of...a way in which you might be able to shift back and forth without burning away your clothes?"
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
"You have no idea how reassuring that is," Ronin murmurs, something in him seeming to unwind and to relax at the thought that even when Seren was particularly Seren about something, her mother would always be keeping watch. He turns away from the window to see her, a flush suffusing his cheeks to see the goddess cloaked in humanity. It's his favourite way to see her - a fact she likely knows all too well - and he smiles at her compliments.

"I am only as good as my inspiration," he says with a charming bow of his head, as if to thank her for being the source of so much of that inspiration. He had only come, in truth, to check in and to ensure there was nothing pressing that he might need to do for Safrin or for Seren, so to hear her call back to their previous encounter is surprising but not unwelcome.

"Ah - yes, that is right. It would be for practicality more than anything else, but I thought you might be able to help. Besides, should the need arise it would be quite something for me to walk into battle visibly aligned with you."
RONIN

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"There will be bumps and scrapes along the way...heartbreak and mistakes made, but I will never fault you for those. Nor her." Unlike Ronin, Safrin has raised more children than he could comprehend, whilst still loving them all just as fiercely as if she only had those still living.

"Your inspiration mmm? And who would that be? Not your own father I hope." She smiles just enough to plump her cheeks.

Ronin says all the right things, as he has always done, and the effect on Safrin is dramatic and unsurprising. She preens beneath the attention, but does so as a woman might; her cheeks flush, her eyes sparkle, and she almost nervously fits her fingers together before her. "As if they don't all already know you're mine." She hums under her breath, gazing up at Ronin as if this was meant for him to either confirm or deny.

"What would suit you best?" She asks, taking a measured step toward him that brought her close, but not too close. "A pendant which might unfurl at a mere thought into armor? Or...perhaps another tattoo.?"
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"A part of life, I suppose," Ronin muses. Who would they be without their mistakes? Less hurt, less scarred, certainly, but more naive and trusting of the world as well. Seren will need to go through it, the same as the rest of them. At least her parents will be able to pick her up again when she falls.

With a soft chuckle, Ronin shakes his head to Safrin. "Not my father, no. I once met a goddess in a glade, when I was younger and less jaded. She was and still is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. She made the stars look dull compared to her light."

And so as she preens and makes her remarks, he can only offer a crooked smirk. "They might already know, but that doesn't mean I don't want to tell them anyway," he says, turning to face her properly as she draws closer. "Another tattoo? What did you have in mind?"
RONIN

Change author:
"Just so." Safrin agrees sweetly. She would protect her daughter from the worst the world had to offer, but never at the expense of keeping her sheltered and soft.

Ah, there he goes again. Safrin's smile is perhaps as genuine as it has ever been, and the way her eyes dip away from his for a moment speaks volumes to the success of his flattery. "You do have more hard edges now, that's true." Shyly, almost, she looks back up at him. "But not all of them are bad." She adds with a half-shrug that causes the lace around her shoulders to buckle and reveal more skin before she straightens.

Another full step closer would press Safrin against her Star, and so instead she takes a single half-step, reaching forward to smooth away the wrinkles formed across his chest. "Well... armour is meant to protect, yes? And what is more worthy of protection than your heart?" The hawk which screamed down over Ronin's shoulder might hover above his heart, but there was still real estate available for someone else to leave their mark...

Her fingers shift, pressing against the muscles that cloud over the left side of his chest. 'The warrior constellation is one of the largest in my sky...composed of stars so big they would swallow this world whole were they in place of the sun..."
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
"You think so? That is quite the compliment from you." He means it, too, his smile softening as Safrin draws ever closer, as she stands coquettish and mortal in front of him. She invites his touch without needing to say a word, and he has to force his hands to stay, his blue eyes lost somewhere in her dark hair so he doesn't do something silly or disrespectful. Such is the danger of playing this game - he is very much at risk of losing.

Then she is touching him, her fingers smoothing across the fabric of his shirt, and though he knows in his heart of hearts (the irony) why she's choosing this place in particular, to turn her down would be folly. "I have read about that constellation," he remarks, watching her hand now as it caresses his chest. "Who was the warrior?"
RONIN

Change author:
Her fingers will send ripples of relaxation through him. Not unlike Frey she has the power to make her touch more alluring, but she doesn't. Not with Ronin, or at least, not with Ronin right now. "He was my white knight, centuries and centuries ago." She preens, her lips parting with sweet memories. "Though he is gone, he blazes in the sky just the same. His soul was never reunited with Mort, you see." Safrin adds with a solemn sigh. "It would make me so happy to see his legacy carried on, with you."

Spreading her fingers out across his chest, Safrin turns her galactic stare from the images replaying in her mind, to the blue eyes blazing down at her. Ronin is perhaps not so clever as he thinks, what with all of his thoughts and emotions on offer for her to pluck at her leisure. He was unpredictable, though, and the goddess is forced to weigh her choices carefully. Would he spent the night with her, for such a gift? Or would a noble QuEsT be more to his liking? Both had their merits, both their pitfalls.

"What do you think? Would you wear the stars of the warrior?" Tilting her chin up, lips kissable and bowed with her smile, she kicks the ball into his court.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
He does relax under her touch, resisting the urge to turn and look out of the windows of the Aumakua to try and seek out that constellation. Never reunited with Mort... Would that be Ronin's fate, he wonders, if he continues on this path? His worry is writ plain upon his face, a very human fear for a man who cannot die but for a star thrown down upon him. Without thinking, his fingers slip over Safrin's, clasping her hand there over his chest.

"It would be my honour to wear them," he murmurs after a few moments, blue eyes flickering over lips so soft he can't help but want to taste them. (Or to kiss Sunjata off them, he can't decide yet). But thoughts of the Flood and all the trouble caused by his previous tryst with Safrin has him halting, Ronin letting his hand drop away. "I adore you," he murmurs. "I have done ever since that night in the Glade when you first appeared to me. For everything that has happened between us, that hasn't changed."
RONIN

Change author:
"Never fear, my Star." Safrin whispers, her palm rising to softly press against his cheek. "Though it's true I make mistakes, I learn from them." Said with all the solemness of a vow, she holds his gaze earnestly for a moment. "That my warrior's soul never made it to Mort is...a tale I will tell you one day. But not tonight."

Ronin's hand slips from hers and for a moment her expression is cool and uncertain. As he speaks, her eyes lower, fixed somewhere near his sternum as she nods.

"Then witness my warrior from the four corners of Caido, and the armour shall be yours." Safrin whispers softly; sadly. 'It will never tarnish nor burn. Just like my love for you." Adoration was not love.

Ronin had won this round.

~FIN

Ronin has received a quest!

He must view the Warrior Constellation from the North (Cordillera, Halo, Hak Etme), South (Stormbreak, Feverlands),  East (Grounds, Greatwood), and West (Climb) of Caido!