To Whom It May Concern
for Rexanna
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Age: 30 | Height: 6’4” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
{Image: AaAgr85.jpg}

Arthur walked into the Temple, a place that he might have viewed as a sanctuary more than the sanctuary itself. He had looked to faith all his life to guide him and direct him when he felt lost, and never before had he felt as lost as he did now.

He once might have turned to his friend and advisor to help him decide where to turn next, but now? Well, he didn’t have anyone really. He had made friends with Phoebe and Remi mostly in passing when he got to Caido, but if he was being honest with himself, he didn’t have anyone to trust, to turn to in a time of confusion and loss. Before, there had always been someone.

While he had left his circlet home when going to the Rathskeller for a drink, he wore it this time. His sword was at his hip, his red and gold triple crown cape hanged regally behind him, and his circlet gleamed in the light of the cold day until he stepped over the threshold of the Temple.

It might not have been a church like in Camelot, but surely his god wouldn’t discriminate. If he could pray by his bedside, he didn’t think the venue truly mattered.

His head bowed low, as the once king lowered to his knees. There were foreign symbols, different than the cross he was used to seeing in prayer, but it was the same god, wasn’t it? The manmade symbol should matter only as much as the venue of prayer. The words and emotions were what mattered, right?

”Listen my god, hear me call,” he said quietly, folding his hands in front of him and closing his eyes. ”I am lost in a world not my own. I’ve no way to reach my people, and I fear that there truly may be no way back. I ask you only to send me a sign… Tell me my people are safe and my kingdom prosperous. Please, let me accept my place in this world and trust that I will not be needed in Camelot.” His right hand lifted to his forehead and moved to his chest, left shoulder, and finally right shoulder. ”Amen.”

Rexanna

Arthur
what you see
isn’t all there is
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
your battle-worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
Rexanna hadn’t been to the Temple yet – in all her explorations, she’d never ended up stepping foot within its walls. Perhaps it hit a little too close to home, seeing the ruins of the world that had more than likely once caused so much hope. At least other things offered hope now – and the gods appeared to be within easy reach of them all. And so with it in mind, she approached the Temple, appearing near the end of a hushed prayer. She tried to remain silent as possible, waiting until the man was done before clearing her throat to announce her presence.

He seemed… Knightly, and it panged a strange part of her heart that longed for home as she looked upon him and offered him a friendly smile. “Sorry if I’m interrupting!” She hummed to him with a small dip of her head. “But it seems you and I are in quite the same predicament.” She offered him, hoping he wouldn’t have minded her small amount of eavesdropping. She, too, lost her kingdom, but in her instance there hadn’t really been a kingdom to return to. Making her way through the aisle, she swiftly sat in a pew and glanced around the ruined place of worship before her sapphire eyes landed on him again.

There are many gods here, none like I had back home. But I hope they hear your prayer.” She offered quietly, uncertain of what else to add as she crossed her legs and kept her gaze on him. “I’m Rexanna, by the way.” Her voice was a lilting purr, though the flirtation didn’t reflect in her eyes as she offered another friendly smile.
AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LETS YOU — THE BUTCHER
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding

Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Age: 30 | Height: 6’4” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345
{Image: AaAgr85.jpg}

His gaze move from the front of the Temple to look over his shoulder at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Seeing a young beauty, Arthur immediately rose to his feet and dipped his head in greeting to her, as was appropriate for a man in the presence of a woman.

Part of him that was beginning to recognize the once stifled cynicism within himself felt that she was wrong, that she didn’t know his predicament and couldn’t possibly understand. However, the part of him that was faithful… The part of him that believed in people and honesty chose to understand the woman’s words.

Many gods? No, he doubted that. There was one god, whole and true. Then again, this was a new world. Not a new kingdom or a new country, but an entire new world. The rules were surely different here than they were back home, and it seemed that this woman had a better grasp of life here than he did.

”Rexanna,” Arthur said with a small smile. ”A name befitting royalty. I am Arthur.” She was beautiful enough to be royalty, oceanic eyes shining and dark hair contrasting her fair skin. He realized that his unbroken gaze might have been taken as rude and remembered himself, breaking the stare to glance at the floor for just a moment with a gentle smile. ”What, pray tell, is your predicament, your grace? Are you far from home, or have you a kingdom that was stolen from you?”

Rexanna

Arthur
what you see
isn’t all there is
Rexanna De Rosieres
the Penumbra
Queen of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 34 | Height: 5'4" | Race: Ascended x Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 Abandoned (Level 3 Ascended) - Strg: 19 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RexannA
your battle-worn tongue doesn't say the truth anymore
that you are ruined
As he dipped his head to her, she returned the gesture with a bright smile across her face. Though as he began to speak and introduce himself, her eyes narrowed slightly on him as he mentioned royalty. Did he know? Was he a part of the world from Halyven? Her lips pursed slightly, but it changed as he stared at her longer and she made to respond. “A pleasure to meet you Arthur.” She finally said, returning to her smile though it wasn’t quite as bright as she tried to figure out where he’d come from.

But he began to speak again, asking of the predicament she found herself in. Whether or not she was far from home or a kingdom stolen from her. Her head tilted slightly as her smile faltered slightly. “Bit of both, I suppose.” She offered with a tentative shrug. Halyven was worlds away – with her as its rightful queen whether they thought her so or not. And in place of it – her kingdom had fallen, her ex-husband having destroyed it in spite and anger. Sighing quietly, she moved to sit in a pew and turn her attention back to him.

Are you new here?” She questioned him, her voice a purring sultry sound as her sapphire gaze lingered on him. Perhaps he, too, was from another world and another kingdom. She only hoped it wasn’t as disastrous as her home had been. “I come from the Kingdom of Halyven.” She added as if it would help – as if he’d somehow know where that was, though her eyes narrowed on the off chance she’d have to save herself. If he was from there, he’d know her, and it would be dangerous territory she stepped into.
AND YOU WONDER WHY HE LETS YOU — THE BUTCHER
TOUCH HIM — THE SUN

coding