the pause between breathing
Varus
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081

Isla raises her eyebrows at that, not expecting to hear that he'd been looking into what had happened at the infirmary. In truth, Isla is holding that investigation rather close to her chest; there are things she is waiting to put into place before she can commit to it fully. But she forgets all about it to hear the effect it has had on Varus, and when his arms sneak around her to draw her against him properly, she melts into the touch. "I'm sorry you didn't find the information that you needed" she murmurs.

Then, leaning up as best she can, Isla brushes her lips against his cheek. "If it happens again, know that home is a safe place for you to go, okay?" she says. "I know you didn't want to bring it to me, but we can deal with it together. It has to be better than walking the streets in the middle of the night, right?"

Isla
the flesh is weak
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
honey, i rose up from the dead. i do it all the time
I want to say I’m surprised by it, but I think in the years I was offline I’ve grown a bit impatient.” He shrugs, the metal shoulder rising and falling, however brief it is, even as it jostles her within his grip. He takes a deep breath, one that isn’t as satisfying as it would be if he still had the need for it, but he thinks that the gesture helps all the same.

She leans up and he lets her, leans into the kiss to his cheek, eyes shutting as he hears her out. Home is a safe place for you to go. He tries to let it sink it, tries to beat it into that stubborn brain of his. And if nothing else, even if it doesn’t stick, it relaxes him for now. He sinks into her embrace, his arms tightening around her more lovingly. “It is better.” He agrees softly, leaning in so he can press a kiss to her cheek, to the corner of her lips. “I just didn’t want to burden you with it.” He imagines she’d tell him if she was growing tired of it.

At least, he hopes she would.
VARUS
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Online
Change author:
MP: 3081

"That's not so surprising, getting impatient. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help with that." Isla smiles sweetly up at him, her head resting against his shoulder so she can enjoy the touch of his fingers, the warmth of his skin. And the smile grows softer still as she feels him relax against her, Isla closing her eyes and letting her fingers draw careful, gentle patterns against his lower back.

"I don't consider it a burden," she murmurs against his neck. "You catch me when I fall, and I catch you. That's how this works, right? You can always come home and we'll sort it out together, whatever's happening." And even if she isn't there for a bit, at least home is better than wandering the streets, paranoid and on edge.

But for now, home may as well be here for how wrapped up in him Isla is. She has no intention of going anywhere any time soon, and if that means the room ends up working its magic on them again... well. So be it.

~FIN

Isla
the flesh is weak