on the borders of safety
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1897
If you're caught in the shadow then turn around
If you hear my voice, follow the sound
'Cause I'm here to guide you home
Thinking back to her encounter with Aurelia after the fire, Seren tried to recall if there had been any signs of injury. Deimos' question implied that there ought to have been doubts about the woman's survival, but at least there Seren could answer definitively.
"Yes, she seemed perfectly fine when I talked to her. Regretful about how far she had gone, willing to try and reason if there was a chance... but also very determined to solve her case." It was as much of a warning as she could offer the Sword; this was not over yet. There had been threads to pull, and yanked they were; it was likely no more than a question of time before more consequences started to roll in.

Finally letting out a quiet sigh, Seren pushed herself up to stand. She brushed sand from her clothes, and padded over to Deimos on quiet feet, a soft shadow easing into his space so that she could reach a hand up to his shoulder. Should he allow it, and not recoil.
"I see. Well. If you ever need anything, or if you find something else you want to do, I'd be more than happy to help in whatever way I can," she offered, trying for a smile again. There were other paths to take besides a rulers council, if he wanted to lead troops. Guilds, mercenary bands and monster hunting were only a few ideas she might offer, adventures and treasure hunts aside. Or he had the option to try and rebuild, regain his reputation and build new foundations of trust with his Warden - if he wanted to. "If nothing else, I can listen if you want to vent."
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 9824
DEIMOS
the ocean does not apologize for its depth
and the mountains do not seek forgiveness
If the whole situation weren’t so morbid, twisted, and distorted, he might have laughed. Hotaru had been so certain of the other woman’s death, and to hear she was perfectly fine and well was something he placed in the back of his mind. But the rest was a warning, an emblem he took and snatched as well with a simple nod – there was no need to delve into his portion of the perils; he’d gone and admitted it, but the Valkyrie’s aspects were up in the air. None of it was over. This little lull was likely all they’d receive, while they planned and plotted and tore things apart again.

Still toying around with the stick, and what turned out to be a little drawing of some kind of maze, he didn’t expect her to rise up and stand in front of him, or even offer him a placating maneuver to his shoulder. He purposefully eased away the tension there, so it wasn’t so bound and coiled and manifested in knots, tilting his head to glance at her from another angle. “Thank you,” came on a light snort, as if the notions were impossible and improbable to solve at the instant. There were ruminations distorting through his mind, options before the others, but the moments within were waiting games.

He wasn’t the sort of individual to vent anyway – not unless he was within sanctions of close-knit companions and friends, where they could reel off their list of enemies, adversaries, and rivals with airs of stupidity and vengeance. Something told him this wasn’t the proper foothold for that – especially if he was supposed to be learning from his recent antics. “I am not much for venting.” But he paused, eyes narrowing, rising from the sand, standing tall once more. “But I am not going to let this mistake be the moment that defines me.” Decided; something to measure with and against. Advice for her, perhaps, to not allow her the power either. On notions of other whims, his eyes went back to the mound. “Will you keep him here?”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
She would never have guessed. Getting this man to talk was not that different from prying out teeth, and Seren had a hard time picturing Deimos coming over for a heartfelt talk. But perhaps that was the sort of thing that became easier and more likely with time; she had to remind herself that this was only the second time they crossed paths. It felt much longer.

It was not her place to be proud over someone else's decisions, but Deimos' statement that he wasn't going to stay on his knees - nor run headlong into other impulsive catastrophes - still made Safrin's daughter smile. Patting his shoulder again, she stepped back and tucked her hands into deep coat pockets.
"That's good to know. For what it's worth, I'm rooting for you. I hope good things will come your way." Her grin became a little awkward - the words were mushy and too close to blessings of a kind she would never dare pass out, her mother's child or not.

She was actually grateful when he turned the topic to more somber things again; following his gaze towards the buried unicorn, Seren nodded.
"Yes. Until I can speak to Hotaru and find out what she would like for him," she replied. "I don't know where to find her, though... Not even sure where to send letters." A quick glance up at the Sword contained a question; did he know? Could he offer some clue as to the whereabouts of his friend?
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Rooting for him? He’d never heard the term pressed his way before, and he couldn’t help it – permitting a small laugh to cycle through his lungs and out into the air. It was followed by a heavy sigh, diffusing and surrounding, yet there all the same. Seren had no reason to support him at all, especially in light of recent events, but it was kind and compassionate of her to exude the encouragement. Reinforcement, perhaps, that could he still be better than the pieces of chipped enamel, shards left in shambles. Because it wasn’t going to break him. Not this. “Thank you again.” And while not quite a shelter or sanctuary, at the very least, it was good to know he hadn’t ruined absolutely everything scattered along his pathway.

Thoughts surrounding Atlas, to where the mound rose and where evidence of a horn curled out from underneath the grandeur of sand, helped him maintain the neutrality, the juxtaposition of better horizons and monumental errors. The Sword had half an inclination wander closer, but wondered if it was too sacred to disturb the resting piece – final or not. “She lives in Halo.” A small smile slipped from the corner of his mouth; memories of her returning, of reunions, of everything before fires. Simpler then, to think they’d merely renew themselves. Maybe they had, in some despicable, nefarious way. “Runs a spa.” Even that seemed far beyond now – when it’d only been a season ago. “I am certain she would appreciate it.”
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
His laughter, however brief, was a victory in her eyes. The young woman beamed back at Deimos for the brief moment that it lasted, and settled into herself with renewed confidence when the sunlight faded back into clouds. This was enough. It was a lovely start.

Regarding the entombed companion, Seren was surprised to realize that its bonded human was so close. "Oh, I had no idea," she admitted, not without relief. "I'll see if I can find her, then. It would be good for me too, to..." Her gesture towards the heaped up sand and the horn was a little helpless; this was the kind of burdens that might drag her down. Corpses unburied, family unaccounted for, and death invading her most private realm. Not tainting it, certainly not, but it was very difficult to relax when there were literal skeletons buried on her island.

On that note, Seren looked around. The pocket realm looked exactly the same as it had, which made it impossible to say how much time had passed. But something tugging at her soul from somewhere far off made her think of hunger and the sun arcing across the sky, and restless wings growing weary of circling around the plains.
"Let me know when you are ready to head back," she offered. There was no hurry, of course, but Deimos probably had his own tasks to attend to.
Seren
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The Sword’s first thoughts had been towards a pyre; large and all-encompassing, enough to embody the mass of the unicorn, and to tell some story within the flames. But it wasn’t his choice, his decision, or his opinion that mattered – only Ru’s. And it couldn’t stay here, in a private little space meant for shelter; a provision Seren had extended to the beast’s final moments, but he couldn’t fathom anyone would want to manifest their sanctuary into a tomb. So the beast nodded, indicating his understanding. There’d be no need for her to carry around Atlas’s heart and lungs and soul any longer.

They had been gone for a while, and even if he no longer had the same responsibilities, the necessity to return to Halo, to his companions, tugged and unfurled just the same. “We can go now,” he offered, not wanting to keep her from her other tasks either – gaze searching instantly for the ice she’d taken.
for the space they take
and so, neither shall I
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The ice was safe, sunken deep into sheltering sands where it would not melt. Cocooned, barely visible save for an occasional gleam when stars twinkled especially bright just above it. Seren didn't spare it as much as a glance, confident that it would still be there when she was ready to offer it to her goddess.

"Alright," she smiled, and extended a hand to Deimos so that she could bring him over the threshold. "Let's go back then."

And veils would part, reality shift around them until night gave way to blinding sunlight and frigid winds. Waiting companions would help distract from sudden bouts of shivers; and when farewells had been made, Seren turned back towards the Citadel. For a meal, and look around the market - and a much needed conversation with Hotaru.

- FIN
Seren