(o) to look beyond the glory
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Online
Change author:
MP: 1897
Love, let's talk about love
Seren was not quite as used to physical touch. Sporadic hugs, impulsive displays of affection had been common for her as a small child, but with added height came reservations that only faltered on occasion, and usually around family. Her father received both embraces and playful nudges, and recently she had added Maeve and Hotaru into the select few who could touch her freely. That Sah was weaseling himself into that group was completely unexpected, and she wasn't sure what it meant. If it meant anything. Wild imagination aside, there was something quite familiar and intimate about the way he braided his fingers in with hers, and she was growing more and more conscious about how close they were. Enough to make her stomach flutter, a thousand moths taking flight all at once. She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from grinning like a complete idiot - not that he would see. Thank the stars.

She was just about to say something, when the moment was shattered into a million pieces by a wriggling puppy. Squirming and whining, she was joined in the assault by Umbra. The dragon was huffing thick plumes of smoke from widened nostrils and was not at all cute about the way he pried himself in between the two humans - from the opposite side, so that Seren had no choice but to either move or cling to Sah like some needy... She sat up, withdrawing from the young man. A littel flushed, tousle-haired and thoroughly embarrassed. But the Blue cared not at all for the reproachful thoughts she sent through their bond; he was staring at Sah through narrowed eyes, silver gleaming ominously behind the slits while his long tail coiled possessively around the girl's waist.

"Dragons," Seren muttered, as if this was completely normal. But she really had no idea what was going on with her companion. He had never done anything like this before. "It seems I'm not allowed to sit still any more."
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3215
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah eyed the dragon in front of him, taking in the blatantly protective and possessive stance. Although he wasn't completely sure for the dragon's reasons for the display, he had a decent guess. Sah gave calming the companion down a shot. He held a hand out, palm up as an offering, his other hand holding Lilly. "Umbra, right? I promise I have no intentions of hurting your bonded. Nor do I intend to steal her from you. You're her companion, there's not replacing you." He tried to explain based on his previous experience with his world's dragons.

Just in case he sent the dragon a playful grin. "And if I overstep somehow, feel free to bite me." He really hoped his  hand wasn't about to be bit.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Seren

Large wings spread out from Umbra's shoulders, wider than he was long and oversized compared to the still gangly body. Seren found herself blocked from view, and pushed at the dragon so that he would move, but for once her gentle prods did nothing to shift his stance.
The dragon kept staring at Sah, slitted pupils flitting to the held up palm before focusing back on the young man's face. If the words failed to reach him, the placating smile certainly did not; but the dragon did not relax, and a low rumble began to roll like thunder in the depths of his chest.

Seren was appalled when her companion huffed out a thick cloud of smoke straight into Sah's face, only to leap away so suddenly that she found herself yanked back by the dragon's tail.
"Umbra! That was rude," she protested, bewildered as she was apologetic. "I am so sorry, I've no idea what's gotten into him." Was this about that promise of protection Safrin had insisted on? It felt quite excessive, and much too late of a reaction.

Getting to her feet, the girl brushed grass and dirt from her trousers and gave Sah a quick, rueful smile. Now that the moment was gone, she found it hard to believe that she had been hugging him. What? How..? It was inconcievable.
"I should... probably get going," she mumbled. Keen to move, reluctant to leave; would she ever stumble over this person on the road again?
It's written in the stars above
Exactly who we are is just enough
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
The aggressive display from the dragon had Sah's eyes narrowing, and a warning snarl slipping from this throat. He carefully placed Lilly beside him so tha this body could block her fom Umbra. He then locked eyes with the dragon. "Listen, I don't care is you have an issue with me, but do not act like that with Lilly in-between." His voice was deadly serious, still practically a growl, protective instinct peaking. Meanwhile Lilly had puffed up all of her fur and was making a surprisingly deep growling noise. But with one look from Sah, she stopped. "I get that you're protecting your bonded and I respect that. But do not put my pup in danger." He gave a final warning to the dragon.

Letting out a deep sigh and running a hand through his hair, he stood up, still acting as a barricade between Umbra and Lilly. Sah turned to Seren, his voice quiet and tone exhausted. "It's completely alright Seren. He's just doing his job." Sah gave her a slightly sad smile. "I'm sorry for making things complicated. And for angering Umbra." He noted her change in body language. "And for making you uncomfortable. I won't do that again."
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Sah's response impressed the dragon not at all. It was Seren who was startled by the sudden change in tone, from warm, playful and teasing to this growl. Was that the wolf in him? No, wrong - he was a wolf, wasn't he? No matter how human he looked.

Frowning after Umbra, as the Blue leaped into the air and began to circle impatiently among the trees a ways off, the girl shook her head.
"No, don't apologize. You have nothing to be sorry for," she told him, unhappy with the twist things had taken. She had thought her dragon less abrasive now, after his encounter with Melita and Fangorn, but apparently that was not the case at all.
"You haven't... made me uncomfortable, either." Seren had to pause and do some introspection, to ensure that this was actually true. No - she was not. Just... "A bit confused, maybe, but not in a bad way." Rubbing her upper arm with a hand, unsure of how to fix this. It had been good, until just now.

"Do you.. I mean, are - Where... are you headed, from here?" Color was rising again in her face as she stumbled over her words. Too many questions attempting to break free at once, halted only when they seemed nosy. Or presumptuous.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah relaxed, the tension bleeding out of him now that Lilly was safe. He nodded as she waved off his apology, even though he still felt at fault for at least some of it. But he didn't have the energy to argue about that. Sah was surprised at how relieved he felt that Seren didn't feel uncomfortable. That was the last thing he'd have wanted. His brow did furrow, head tilting at her next statement. "Confused?" Taking a moment to actually inspect his own feelings, Sah felt tired. But he couldn't deny that there was something odd. He felt a surprising kinship with Seren already. And that did have him startled somewhat. "Me too." He admitted. Sah would have to take some time and dissect this entire day. It had been bizarre.

Sah felt a small flicker of hope when Seren asked about his plans. Maybe he hadn't lost his chance at friendship with her? "I was planning to head home to Halo and get Lilly settled in." He paused, contemplating his next words. "If you're ever in Halo, feel free to drop by. Deimos or Noah could point you in the right direction, but there's no pressure if you don't want to." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, a small tinge of red in his ears. "I wouldn't mind talking with you again."
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

"Mmh. I don't usually hug people I just met." Blushing even as she said it, Seren still couldn't help but smile at Sah. A touch playful, in the midst of all the awkward. That he was in no better state than her was comforting; at least she wasn't alone in being unmoored on strange waters.

Glancing at Umbra again when an insistent call reverberated among the trees, Seren bit her lip and nodded. That's right, Sah had been on his way home. The detour this must have been... but she wasn't sorry. Not really; the encounter had been much too interesting for regrets.
"I see. I'm headed for the Grounds..." Different paths, and high time to leave if she wanted to reach the border before sunset.

As he mentioned Halo, and the names of the two men, Seren visibly perked up. "I know them!" she said, suddenly eager and happy again. Smile wide enough to split her face in two. "I will definitely be returing there, so... I hope I will see you then."
Tucking a coil of hair behind an ear, she took a reluctant step back. Unwilling to just turn and leave, but how did you say goodbye? "Good luck, when you meet the Voice. I hope you get the answers you seek."
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah nodded in understating, a small playful smile coming to him. "Me neither."  He too glanced up at Umbra's call. "Looks like someone's eager to get going to the Grounds. Stay safe, yes?" He wasn't sure if the daughter of Safrin would be safe in the heart of the Voice's territory. But he did hope so.

Hearing that Seren knew Deimos and Noah made his smile widen. "Perfect. Then I hope to see you in the not so distant future." His grin turned a mischievous. "I might not be able to beat you in a spar but I never said anything about a snowball fight." That would hopefully lesson any awkward tension their next meeting would undoubtedly have. Sah was surprised by how much he was looking forward to it. He gave her a small wave over his shoulder as he turned towards the direction of Halo. "Thank you. And good luck on your quest." With a final wave, he and Lilly began to head home.

-{FIN}
do the stars
shine bright