(o) to look beyond the glory
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

The girl nodded sagely, agreeing with every word. "Well, I think that bit is silly. How about just talking about things? It's not as if most of it is terrible and secret. Bodily functions, and customs, and arbitrary rules that no one seems to question. Though... I have to admit that some people I've talked to have been very supporting. Maybe because they see me as a child. They were all saing things like 'take your time', and 'it's alright not to understand', or 'you'll figure it out in time'." She snorted, clearly not satisfied.

Sah's laments over his changed physique was music to her ears, in a way. It meant he was not about to squish her without having to work for it. Seren's grin became a bit more toothy, mischief coming alive in her eyes, and the stolen glances this time were far more assessing. Concerned with his height, and stature, and whether the lean physique projected more muscle or speed.

But she faltered when he went on, mouth falling open in astonished disbelief.
"You bit a god?" she repeated, incredulous. "And you're still alive. Your gods must have been very lenient. I can't see anyone doing that to any of ours... not without dire consequences." Seren tried to imagine anyone getting away with that kind of disrespect. Maybe Frey..? But no. She shuddered faintly at the mere idea.

"You should probably avoid that," the girl suggested, inching closer to nudge an elbow at Sah. Teasing, as if he might actually be mad enough to try. "Both with gods and demigods. Especially if you come across my father, Ronin. Or Remi, his husband. They could probably kill someone by accident."
It's written in the stars above
Exactly who we are is just enough
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3345
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah snorted as well. "At least there's that. I keep getting looked at like I'm an idiot when I don't understand something. I mean, hello? New body? I don't care if I'm an adult, it's still new and I don't understand it. Thankfully one of my neighbors takes pity on me. She taught me to read and keeps bringing books whenever I bring up being confused about something." Sah would have been a whole lot worse off without her.

Sah felt a bit of trepidation as Seren appraised him. He'd revealed that he wasn't truly powerful anymore and he slightly regretted it with how she was eyeing him. Her reaction to his past made him chuckle. "Oh believe me. They weren't lenient at all." Sah grabbed the collar of his shirt, pulling it down slightly as he tilted his head back. There was a very obvious scar going from just below his neck to through his right collar bone. "This plus a hard kick that shattered my sternum and a few ribs was what I got for it. Mune stepped in to save me. She healed me too. Also lectured for nearly three hours after about being reckless and letting my temper control me." Sah let go of his shirt and sighed. "I very nearly died and I learned my lesson. But the look on that fucker's face made it worth it." Sah's grin had a feral tint. "That god had been attempting to take over our world." He said as way of explanation.

Sah nudged her back with his elbow. "I don't plan to. And I'll add the names Ronin and Remi to my list of people not to cross. That list seems to keep getting longer by the day." He teased.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren

Seren smiled, but for some reason it came out a bit crooked. "Sounds like a very nice neighbor," she murmured, as her gaze flitted off into the surrounding woods. "Honestly, you would think that people would be more understanding. It's like they've never seen Attuned before - I find it hilarious that they should be so stumped that it could happen in reverse." Then again, perhaps she was simply that tolerant of new people and their peculiarities? Sah did stir her curiosity, and there was a myriad questions she could think of regarding his former life - and his habit of referring to people as pups.

A soft wince of sympathy escaped the girl when he showed off his scar. A hand went up to her own neck, imagining the kind of force and weapon that might cause such a thing; Seren swallowed. "Very brave, and very foolish," she remarked softly. "I'm glad you survived. Or I would've had to look for peppermint bark all on my own."

Which is to say, her day would have been utterly boring. Unremarkable, and... a little lonely? But there he was, nudging her back and playing like they had known each other for years, not minutes, and Seren laughed brightly from sheer joy at this simple fact. "I think you'll be fine. And if anyone tries to bully you, let me know. I'll protect you." Winking, she poked her tongue at him and skipped ahead a few steps; to evade further prodding, she told herself.
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
"You and me both." Sah agreed with a small smile. It was rather funny that in a world of shape shifters, no one seemed prepared to encounter someone who went in the reverse direction. Or have even the vaguest idea of how to explain things. It was nice though, to have someone willing to listen to his story. Before Seren had started really asking, Sah had had no idea how much he wanted to talk about his home. About his old life. It felt cathartic almost.

Seren's reaction to his scar was a bit surprising. Her expression clearly showed her compassion. Sah smiled gently in response, responding to her quiet words. "Definetly foolish. I'm glad to be alive as well. Sah was well aware of how lucky he was to still be breathing.

The playful banter however, raised his spirits. It had been so long since Sah had been so relaxed in someone's presence. And her insistence of protecting him was a nice surprise. When the last time someone had truly protected him? "Thank you. And if I ever figure out how to fight on two legs, I'll return the favor." He teased, but his gratitude was clear in his smile. Lilly yipped, pulling him out of his thoughts. "I think we're getting close."

Sah paused for a moment as the mnty trees began to come into view, wanting to be transparent. "And Seren? I do plan to visit the old gods and get some guidance. To hear their side of it all directly. But..." He grit his teeth. "I promised someone who's helped me out in the past that I'd also hear out the Voice by going to her shrine afterwards. I know full well that the Voice is the enemy, don't get me wrong. But I've always been one to keep my word. So I have to go nonetheless." He let out a sigh. "I just wanted you to know that, because if you'd heard that I'd gone their via some other means, I'm sure it would have come across as me choosing her side." Sah clarified nervously. He really liked Seren, feeling calmer and more at ease with her then with anyone he'd met so far in Caido. He really wanted to be her friend. But Sah knew that there was a possibility that she would reject him from this. But no lasting friendship or relationship of any kind starts with lies.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

"It's a promise," the girl laughed. At his remark, she turned her attention to the surrounding woods. Time had really flown past as they talked. It seemed as if they had only just begun to head for the destination - her cluster of mint-scented trees - and Seren felt disoriented to realize they were almost there. But Umbra confirmed his words even as Lilly began to bark; her nose tingled with a smell like clear ice and greenery, and something bitter yet almost sweet upon the tongue.

She was ready to skip ahead when Sah slowed to a halt. The way he said her name made the girl turn to look at him, dark hair tumbling over her shoulders and a quizzical smile on her lips.
It slowly faded as he spoke, until her expression was almost as serious as his.

"Thank you," she said slowly. Not entirely sure where Sah was going with this. He was not asking for permission, that much was clear, and yet... "I appreciate that you told me. But Sah... I would still be your friend, even if you were to agree with her ways." Rubbing her fingers against a palm, Seren looked down, a soft frown tugging at her brows.

"I mean, it would make it more complicated, to be sure. But... you would still be you, right?" Her mouth curved into a smile, a little timid - this suddenly felt very serious, in a way she had not expected. Where had all the butterflies in her stomach come from? Why did her hands feel so empty?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah's eyes shot up to meet Seren's, a small smile forming. Her reaction being the last one he would have expected. "Truly?" His tone was almost breathless, not quite believing her. He felt an odd fluttering in his stomach that he couldn't place, but it didn't hurt. It felt kind of nice. "I...thank you Seren. And yes. Whatever path I take, I'll never let anyone change who I am." He took a step towards her as his small smile turned a bit mischievous "Believe me. Many have tried, gods included. None have succeeded." He reassured her. This at least he could give her, regardless of what he chose in the end. "I'll still be me. And I'll still be your friend, if you'll have me. I promise you that." Sah stated solemnly.

Sah really wanted to hug her but didn't dare. Instead he let out a breath, eyes looking for Lilly as a distraction. The little pup was sitting under a tree practically smirking. Her tail wagged, smacking into the peppermint bark. Sah let out a chuckle, catching Seren's eyes again and nodding towards the pup. "I think someone is proud of her find."

He walked over and rubbed Lilly's ears. "God job pup. Excellent tracking." Lilly's tail wagged hard enough to knock some of the bark off.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

It was impossible not to return the smile. The expression always came easy to her, and Sah's playfullness spoke to her own light-hearted nature.
"Truly," she assured him, her sky-colored eyes turning warm upon seeing his relief. Did it mean that much to him? "I won't pretend I would be sad if you walk away from that conversation with a mind to never go near the Voice again," she added, in the name of honesty, "but... It's not a requirement. My uncle's husband is Ascended - I still like him. I just can't afford to pretend that we aren't on opposing sides." And she really didn't want to have to raise a hand against a friend. But speaking to someone and swearing allegiance to them did not have to be the same thing, and Sah was in his full right to do whatever he wished.

He took a step closer, vowing friendship like it was a solemn oath. Seren's fingers twitched with the urge to reach out, take his hand... but the gesture was cut off as Sah turned his attention to the young wolf pup, and the girl turned it into an awkward rubbing of the neck as she laughed.

"She should be proud, it is a job well done." A warbling trill from Umbra demanded praise for him as well; he descended on Seren and thumped down on her shoulders, so that sweeping wings stirred up dirt and leaves from the ground. He was almost too big for that now; with big feet and lengthy legs, and almost as long from nose to tail as she was tall. Not to mention, he was growing heavy. "Yes, you did a good job too. Thank you, Umbra," she fussed, scritching the folds of his skin where the scales were soft and supple.

Pulling up a small bag from a pocket, Seren eased over to the tree, while balancing her dragon, and drew a knife from the belt to scrape off a few sizeable sheets of bark from the nearest tree. The scent of peppermint filled the air, sharper and clearer as she harvested from the tree trunk. Once she was done, she tied a neat knot on the bag and without thinking popped it into her pocket space; both hand and bag disappeared into nothing as reality shimmered and shifted around her limb, rippling like liquid or a fluttering cloth.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah nodded in understanding, a slightly sad tinge to his smile. "I know." Remaining neutral when you had people on both sides was a luxury almost no one could afford. Having to side against someone you care for was the worst thing about war.  As Sah turned, he noticed Seren's slightly awkward movement. Had he missed something? Shaking it off he continued to praise Lilly, giving her feedback on her technique.

Umbra's pouting was an unexpected but endearing distraction. Sah couldn't help but laugh.  Still petting Lilly, he glanced at the little dragon. "You did a great job searching from above, and keeping an eye on Lilly. You two make a good team." He praised and Lilly gave a small bark of agreement. Though the pup sent a bit of annoyance at her bonded at the mention of needing someone to watch her.

Sah relaxed as Seren picked the bark, but he sat up swiftly when the bag suddenly vanished. "What? Is that your magic? I'd heard that demigods had their own kind but... wow." His brow furrowed in concentration. "Was it teleportation? Or dimensional? If you don't mind me asking."
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Sneaking a sliver of bark into her own mouth to chew on, Seren looked up with an almost guilty look, as if she had been caught doing something bad. But the expression vanished when Sah's attention was on her magic and not the munching of snacks without sharing. That he even thought to ask about the nature of it left her visibly impressed.

"Ah, yes, it is. My mother's blessing, so not exactly magic... And it's dimensional - a pocket dimension, to be precise. It's quite useful, I never have to carry bags around."

Flicking the strip of bark to the other side of her mouth the girl grinned, holding out her arms as to illustrate the lack of luggage. While her pockets were deep - Dragoon uniform trousers, and a loose fitting white shirt with rolled up sleeves - there were neither pouches nor tools slung to the belt, aside from that simple pocket knife.

"There are other tricks to it, as well. I can go there, into the other dimension... I told you I wanted to upgrade a blessing, right? When I'm done, the idea is that I will be able to open portals to wherever I want to go from within." Not quite teleportation, but a close cousin.

His interest was very flattering, and the girl all but preened as she explained away her secrets, always so eager to share everything she had.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah eyed the spot the bag had disappeared with wonder. "A pocket dimension? Can you store living things there? And after you upgrade it, will you be able to transport others?" He paused, looking a bit embarrassed. "Ah sorry. I love hearing about different forms of ma...abilities. Or blessing you said?" He caught himself from calling it magic again.

But Sah did notice something that had him frowning. "Seren, I know I'm in no place to being saying this given that I just practically bombarded you with questions. But, please be careful? Careful of who you share your secrets with that is. Knowledge is the most powerful weapon. And even the tiniest fact an enemy might find a way to use to their advantage." A thought occurred to him that brought a mischievous smile to his face. "If you want, since you've already spilled some of your secrets, you can ask about some of mine." There was a playful teasing note in his tone.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

He interjected again just as she opened her mouth to keep answering questions, and his sudden reversal and caution made her quite confused. The reprimand - if it even was one, it had more the sound of a gentle cautioning - reminded her of a promise made to her father not so very long ago. To be careful of strangers. Not even a season had passed, and already she was forgetting herself.

"I... I know," she replied, deflating somewhat. Rubbing an arm with her hand, the girl looked a little sheepish. "In my head I know, at least. But I've never met a person I couldn't trust, or who looked like they would do anything bad. It feels so... strange, to hold things back when it's so easy to just explain, and answer questions. There are always questions." Any other person might revel in the attention, and feed a mysterious air as answers were withheld. And while Seren certainly could see an allure in that - being sneaky and furtive, slipping through shadows on a hunt for secrets - it was exhausting to maintain. She would have to remember who knew what and whom she could trust and... She sighed, shaking her head.
"Does... this mean you don't want me to answer your questions?" she asked him.  

But no, what Sah really seemed to want was for her to be curious about him. Nibbling at a lip, she tried not to grin openly - he was fun. "Do you mean to say that you have secrets?" She gave him a very wide eyed look of completely fake innocence, like this was the most outrageous suggestion. "Alright... I know that you arrived in Halo. You have a nice neighbor, and you can use lightning magic. You are scared of my gods, and someone flirted with you - and you had no idea what was going on." Tapping her lips with a thoughtful finger, Seren looked the young man up and down, her gaze glittering. "What do you do for a living?" It was probably no terrible secret, but you never knew.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah smiled sadly. "Then you have been very lucky thus far." He hadn't meant to make Seren feel bad. But she had revealed a lot to him, a complete stranger. It made him worry. And protective. And yet he couldn't help but chuckle as she teased him. With a small shrug, he answered her. "I'd love to have the answers to my questions. But equal exchange right? You told me a few of your secrets so it's only fair that I give you up some of mine as well." At Seren's overly dramatic question, Sah put a hand over his heart in mock offense. "But of course I do! Everyone does."

Seren seemed game though so Sah waited somewhat eagerly to see what she would ask. He honestly didn't have a clue. But her first question had him already off guard. Of all the things for Seren to start with, his occupation? Sah couldn't help but throw his head back and laugh. "Oh it's a horrible secret. I'm a hunter. Who would have guessed?" He teased, a wide grin still on his face. "Surely there's something more scandalous that you want to know? Like maybe my favorite color?" His last question was nearly a whisper, as if it were some great taboo.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren

Sah was right, of course. Seren was lucky. There was none of the tragic backstories to her life. Her family was loving and present, there to listen and support her every need. Her whims and desires were given due consideration, and when she misstepped, there was always someone there to help her get back on her feet, to scold her and give her aid.
Her heart was free from scars and suspicion, unhaunted by shadows from some terrible past... and when Sah claimed that everyone had secrets, she could only smile in mild confusion, trying and failing to think of something she had never shared with someone already. All her secrets belonged to others, spoken in confidence and tucked away for safekeeping.

"I suppose that is fair," she agreed - more to make him happy than because she needed anything in exchange. And she did want to know more about Sah, so. It was a win-win.

But at least he was laughing; she took that as a good sign. "I suppose it does fit," she admitted, trying to find that tone of banter again. "Do people actually have favorite colors?" She gave him a quick study, to see if his appearance gave anything away. "I think it's green," she said, foregoing questions for guessing. "Ehm... do yoooou... know any magic besides lightning?"
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah noticed Seren's slight pause over his statement of secrets. It only made his concern grow. Had she truly told everything to at least someone? He hoped she had chosen who to trust wisely. Granted, Sah had told Seren more about his history in this first meeting then he had told anyone else in Caido. So maybe he didn't have room to talk. He gave now outward indication of his thoughts.

He quirked a brow at Seren's question, answering it anyway. "Some do. A color that they seem to enjoy seeing or wearing more often. Maybe a color that reminds them of good things. And green is closes. It's blue." His smile grew a little wistful. "The color of the sky on a nice day. It reminds me of flying and when I'd be just surrounded by that color." He wondered if Seren had a color like that. It was a simple thing but it often said so much about a person.

"My magic? I also have telekinesis." Sah couldn't  help but chuckle and shake his head in amusement at the memory of its awakening. "I'd been warned beforehand that an Abandoned's magic could morph without warning. It was a training exercise when my telekinesis kicked in. A game called capture the flag. One second I was considering running and trying to grab the other team's flag, and the next it was flying at me like a spear." He rubbed the back of his neck. "I managed to grab it, and I may have panicked and cursed up a storm as I turned around and started sprinting off." He admitted a  little sheepishly. Sah's smile turned a little proud. "And I managed to make it back and win the game. I think the other team was too surprised to react in time."
do the stars
shine bright